August 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: August 2012

Winter, missed your post until mine came up. Gosh, that is scary about your eye! I hope it heals well and soon...you must be anxious. Prayers for your vision and speedy healing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

So glad to see a post from you Winter.  What a terrible thing to happen to you.  I'm surprised they don't have you wear a patch over your eye.  Glad you were able to get in and let us know what's going on, but don't overdo it.  Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Eyesight is so precious, sending good thoughts your way Winter!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks kar and tt.  I guess eyes are amazing things and they heel quickly I just hope it doesn't scar and my vision isn't effected, 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Indeed, they do have remarkable regenerative ability. Did they give you antibiotic stuff to put in it?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Sorry to hear about your eye condition, Winter. How can a lens break while wearing it? I thought they now are made of some soft material, so you can even wear them at night. I had a pair a long time ago, but could never get used to them. I felt like I had "rocks" in my eyes. But I know, most people love them. I hope your eye will heal well, so you won't have permanent damage. Good thoughts are coming your way.
    Hope your visit to your doc turns out well, Princess. Glad your visit to the dog handler turned out positive. Now, that you know you always can turn to him if necessary, you may be more relaxed about the whole thing and be able to train Tillie yourself. Dogs pick up our vibes; I am sure you know that. If it has to be, $2000 is IMO well worth it for a wellbehaved dog. You have to live with her for many years.
    tt, good you don't need to go out today. Yesterday was so humid. Just running in and out of stores, I was sweating bullets. We are going to have another day like it today.
    Busy day cooking for company. DS is going to help me. Lots of chopping. I finished the Lemonade Pie last night. It looks beautiful and the filling is delicious. It has to sit for 1/2 hour in the refrigerator, before I can cut it, so I have to time it right. I have extra sauce, I will serve with it.
    Better get going. Guests will be here (at 5), before I know. Have a good day.
    - Pingo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Don't forget to take a pic of that pie with sauce, Pingo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Will keep the camera ready!

In Response to Re: August 2012:
    [QUOTE]Don't forget to take a pic of that pie with sauce, Pingo.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You don't have to time it perfectly, you know - as long as it has been in the fridge for at least (not necessarily exactly) 30 minutes, the filling will set and not be runny when you cut it. Looking forward to a vicrious slice via your photo!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I think it's a frozen pie, coming out of the freezer and defrosting slightly in the fridge before cutting and serving (?)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo I have to wear hard lines due to my condition. It is callled Keratoconus and the hard lenses stop the cornea from pointing.  Eye glasses don't give me a good enough vision and soft lenses spin in the eye.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks hats.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What are you doing still on the computer?  Get off and rest your eye.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh I had to go to work today tt.  I have new eye glasses, but the font is blown up huge.  I wish I were home.  I talked to HR and if I get a headache, etc., I'm going to go home.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You know yourself best, Winter, if your eye really starts to bother you, take the rest of the day off.

Trash and recycling are out and oh, it feels so good to step back in the house. I have the blinds drawn and only the back door, window in this room (where there is a nice little breeze coming in now) and bedroom open.  No a/c yet, don't need it.  Tons of washing to do, hamper is full.  Have looked all around for a dry powder cleaner for the l.r. area rugs, but can't find one.  Afraid of foam where you have to wet mop, leaking through to the hardwoood floors.  Will do my regular baking soda sprinkle and drag the vacuum in to at least freshen.  Rather use that than one of those rug fresheners.

Email from G.T. that he may take a day off next week because of a business appt late afternoon, and if so, will come down early to plant some of his extra plantings where he pulled up the wood iris.  Not to plan on it, just a possibility. Already looking through my "recipes to try" folder for a delectable lunch to make. He, like me, usually sticks with a salad at noontime, but always has room for a dessert.  Thinking of the lemon pudding I came across last week.

Chatting here won't get those washes done, I do so hate going down cellar, don't know why.  Would be so much easier if washer dryer were on this floor. Tons of birds at the feeder today, but they are very skiddish, keep flying up into the trees/shrubs enmass.  Maybe Harry is napping under the shrub.  I got up later than usual this morning, but he came sauntering out, had waited for his breakfast.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What a pita that must be, winter...that totally suucks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

It does Kar.  tt,I promise if it becomes a bother I will go home.  It's been ok so far.  I have my monitor pulled way up on my desk and the font extra extra big.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

You are correct, tt. That's what make me a bit nervous. How it will come out after being in the freezer. Crossing my fingers.
    In the worst case, I can always scoop it up like ice cream. - Pingo

[QUOTE]I think it's a frozen pie, coming out of the freezer and defrosting slightly in the fridge before cutting and serving (?)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, sorry,Pingo! Yeah, I guess you will have to time it just right, after all. Thanks for the correction, tt! winter, hang in there...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I don't think it will soup on you.  Maybe as soon as you're through eating, move it from the freezer to fridge, have your guests get up from the table to relax a bit while you clear the table and make the coffee, and then when you see 30 minutes have passed (or the best friend, your timer goes off) go out into the kitchen, slice and plate, and if defrosted enough, announce "dessert is served."  It should be just the right consistency by then, if not, you can always stall another 5 minutes. That's how I would handle it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks for your suggestion, tt. I am sure it will be ok - but I am still a bit anxious. I wish I could have made a trial run, but it was not possible, as it it serves 16. In this case making a smaller pie, would not have worked as a smaller volume will work different. But like I said, I will keep the ice cream scoop ready, before I serve it, so only I will be aware of a "disaster".  - Pingo

[QUOTE]I don't think it will soup on you.  Maybe as soon as you're through eating, move it from the freezer to fridge, have your guests get up from the table to relax a bit while you clear the table and make the coffee, and then when you see 30 minutes have passed (or the best friend, your timer goes off) go out into the kitchen, slice and plate, and if defrosted enough, announce "dessert is served."  It should be just the right consistency by then, if not, you can always stall another 5 minutes. That's how I would handle it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

16 must be very small slivers.  I'd be generous - it will be so nice and cooling on the mouth.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer - did you see Sharon's face when Victor brought out the pre-nuptual agreement?  LOL  And now Phyllis is meeting with her old psychiatrist and finds he had taped the session where she confessed - - Today will be a good one - -

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I agree with tt,there will not be a runny disaster. I was thinking it was a cooked pie that had to cool before serving, and that is always a mess when rushed. I've served frozen pie, and it takes a good long time to really melt into a mess. I also agree that 16 turns out to be more like 10 - 12. I just cant bring myself to serve 1/16 of a pie even if it's rich because I'm afraid people will think I'm being stingy with it or, worse, sending some kind of "message" that says, "Here, let me help you with your diet." LOL!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I know, but that is what the recipe says. We will only be 7, so there will be plenty to go around. These people are finicky eaters, not that there are anything in the pie, they cannot eat. But one never know, what they will come up with. Could be too sweet, too tart etc. So I will start with slivers, and if they want more, I will give them another piece. Well, that is if I can cut it. LOL
    pssst - I don't like dinner guests like that, but what can ya do.

[QUOTE]16 must be very small slivers.  I'd be generous - it will be so nice and cooling on the mouth.