August 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: August 2012

Good morning everyone. Icer, that photo of Zach is adorable. Sorry you are feeling the way you are. Hope you can past the Heath director and find peace.

Tulips, so sorry about your husband's weight loss. My DS struggles with gaining weight as well. His is medicine related as well, as he has ADHD and it can curb his appetite. But without his meds he can't get through school. He has been off of most of them all summer and managed to gain 5 pounds, which the doctor was happy with. With school starting we'll need to be vigilante. I make him have a carnation instant breakfast after he has cereal and that seems to be working. He also has ice cream almost every night.

Princess, enjoy your time off. I too have Friday off and I return to work on Tuesday. 

Pingo, the DD at Redstone is now where the Boston Market used to be. Five Guys is where DD used to be and Gamestop is next to Five Guys. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Rain is coming down harder now, so will put the farmers mkt at the end of my day's outing.  Gives me more time before I have to get out this morning.

Here's a doctored pic of Desmond.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Awe Desmond is such a handsome cat. I love how he is looking at us. His markings are beautiful too. Thank you for posting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Decided to run to market - it wasn't raining hard when I left - of course heavens opened up when I got under their canopy - Here's this morning catch - all except the corn, that I had already put away.  All this talk about radishes, when I saw these I had to pick them up.  Raspberries looked good this week too, so picked up some of them.  Green pkg in back is baby spinach which always is so good there.  Running back out for the morning now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

I can't believe it has taken me three days to post!!  Kept telling me to log on and then wouldn't let me.....this AM I tried again and here I am....It is pouring out here, the wind was blowing and swirling the leaves on the ground all around, if I didn't know any better I would swear that Issac is here!!  Man came yesterday for my yearly pump inspection....they had told me the bill would be $215., but after I complained about them not getting back to me after the alarm went off, he took $50. off the bill....he seems to think that the rain then was so heavy that the alarm went off only as a precaution, it was still working, I told him it would have been nice if someone had told me that!! 
    Icer...I'm with Hats....your Health Inspector must have someone over him, I would find out and then pay him a visit....sometimes people get any authority and it goes right to their head!! Take someone with you when you go to talk to his superior, callme, I'll be glad to go with you. Something similar happened to someone I know about 10 yrs ago, she should have done something, so much was lost because of one uppity Health officer.
    Picked up a small roasting chicken, had it last night for supper,complete with stuffing and gravy, will have it for lunch (sandwiches) and will use the rest to make soup....would love to make a pot pie, but since I'm the only one who likes that, I'll just stick with a Mrs.Budds for me.
    Hope this finds you Amber well on the road to recovery....we are all anxiously awaiting to hear from you!!
    Princess....please take a vacation, but not in another country...at least until your health problems are A okay....
    Take care all and keep smiling, ss

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning everyone,
    Tulip, so sorry for your DH's weight loss. I agree with Kar. Maybe you just have to give it some more time. We humans are sometimes too impatient. Best wishes!
    And Icer, what has that health inspector done to you? You, one of the most high spirited chatters here. Please don't let him push you out of the town, you and honey have worked so hard for and love so much. Is he new? DH are dealing with all kind of inspectors all the time, and some can be very nasty. It is mostly guys/girls on a power trip, that have very little experience and have the job through nepotism. Take Hat's advice and alert someone higher up. Or start a petition; you have enough followers in town. At least little Zach gives you some pleasure. He is so handsome and so adorable.
    tt, I laughed at your opener this morning 'glad to see it's not a pouring rain this morning' and thought - lady, you just wait and see. It was pouring here, and it doesn't look like it is going to stop any time soon.
    Winter, thanks for the up on Redstone. It has been a while since I went by there. I used to shop at the S&S in Stoneham, but not after they opened in Reading. I am excited to hear Five Guys has a shop there. Went there for the first time during my recent visit to TX. Have to go and check them out. But I am sad to hear Boston Chicken is gone. They were good for a cheap and quick lunch once in a while. I gather the photo shop must have moved out too. What a shame.
    Getting ready for the office (what else is new) - stay dry everyone.
    - Pingo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes there is no photo shop in Redstone. I liked Boston Market as well, but I don't think it was doing good business once Five Guys moved in. 

tt, what a great haul from the Farmer's market. I had a delicious peach and a nectarine for breakfast. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Icer, neglected to mention how handsome Zach is....those eyes are mesmorizing!!
    Hats, hope you get some good news regarding DH, my Mom was a great one for fixing shakes when she thought one of us needed some fattening, it was usually me. One of my DD's had a very limited appetite, would only eat chicken and pork, I was forever giving her peanut butter on bread, crackers etc.  When she went into first grade she was only wearing a size 4!!  Rain has stopped and the skiies seem to be clearing up....few errands to take care of...ss

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hats, hope you get some good news regarding DH
    ss, I believe you mean Tulips - she is the one, who's DH is loosing weight.
    - Pingo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

- - "the sun is shinin - - - -"

Looking forward to a nice big salad for lunch with, of course, some radishes sliced up.  Think I'll break into that apple pie I have frozen, for dessert.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In Response to Re: August 2012:
    [QUOTE]Hats, hope you get some good news regarding DH ss, I believe you mean Tulips - she is the one, who's DH is loosing weight. - Pingo
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

Thanks Pingo, I goofed, sometimes I get mixed up and my hands run away with my thoughts .  Hats, hope you and Tulip understand. ss

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, this is the shamrock plant that I thought was a goner.  Glad I took your advice and took the time to try repotting the 3 or 4 little stems that were left.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, that looks great. I have one of those on my desk at work. A coworker from my last job gave it to me. 

I'll be heading out soon. Excited as I'm getting presents for my son tonight. Need to make sure he has something to open Saturday and also his actual birthday.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have fun shopping, Winter.  Good he's still at an age where he'll tell you want he wants.  Turned out to be a nice day weatherwise, have to watch the news/weather tonight and see how Louisiana made out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Was shutting down the office computer for the night, and happened to see your photo, tt. I am so pleased - thanks for posting it. I would normally have told you to just get another plant, but since this one was from a special person,  I felt it was worth trying to save it. It looks so healthy - good job.

I hope everyone sees the post from BDC, before tmw. afternoon. Looks like we are going to have a lot of fun - NOT!

Have a good evening all - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, I did see Dottie's post.  Looks like my shamrock plant is the last of the pics I'll be able to post.  That was half the fun for me.

Kargiver, today's the day you were helping with the triplets.  Hope you had a wonderful day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Saw the post from Dottie, most of the changes look good. . .if they work that is!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I probably won't be able to get in - they still tell me I'm not logged in, and I haven't been able to "reply to post".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Well if this goes away it was nice knowing you.  Funny story, someone asked me the other day if I rememberd the Confidential Chat that used to be in the Globe.

Yes, said I, I do! And nothing more.

If poor Amber tries to come back, imagine how disorienting  it will be to find everything gone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

And for us too, we'll never know for sure how she is, and no way of finding out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Interesting someone mentioned the old C.C. that used to run in the paper. Makes you wonder if they chat here now - strange that it should even be in their mind, it's so long ago that we had the paper version.

I've really enjoyed all the people I've chatted with here, save 3 that I can think of, but then the trick is not to let the unpleasant encounters spoil it.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks for remembering, tt - yes, I was with the trips today. Made cookies, same as last time, and a dinner of quinoa salad, cabbage and bacon, and pork tenderloin. Mom had the dinner planned and all the ingredients; couldn't have been easier. Put together a spicy chicken marinade Mom had planned for tomorrow night, too. So all she has to do is roast that and do a couple of simple veggie sides...baked potato with the chx, maybe. She's a good cook, just has no time, anymore. One baby and a toddler would be hard enough, but three? I still can't wrap my mind around it. Can't catch up tongight...talk tomorrow. :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

That's great that you went to help out with the triplets again Kar.  I am sure she appreciates it so much.  I just cannot imagine how much it entails to care for 3 infants + 1 toddler!!!!

Not much going on today.  Hoping we can still get into the board tomorrow after the changes!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yes, prin, she and they all do appreciate my help and do not take it for granted. Thank goodness they raised their first so well - she's a truly delightful child, eager to please and happiest when she's helping. Not much time to catch up today, either. Mom and Dad will be here tomorrow. I'm taking Gracie to the dog wash and doing all her grooming so I can vacuum and dust and have the result last longer than an hour, lol. Then, I'll be the Tasmanian Devil of cleaning. Online to see when the pet shop with the bath bins opens... Have a great day, everyone, ~kar

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. I did see what changes are coming and I hope we don't lose any friends here. So I got my son a game for his Xbox and I will get him some more presents on his actual birthday. Glad you had a good time with the trips Kar. 

Sections
Shortcuts