August 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: August 2012

Good morning,

Quick post, scones are in oven.  Thought I had one more in the freezer, and didn't so - need my breakfast!  Surprise on me last night when I thought what I was taking out from freezer was an apple crumb pie - turned out to be apple crumb cake!  Tasted good anyway.

Plan to taking advantage of what they say will be a comfortable day, and get out and around.  Still trying to decide what to bring to cookout Sunday.  Want a dessert(s) that will hold up well in the heat.  Last year G.T. made from scratch carrot cupcakes and between leaving his house and getting to cookout, the frosting all slid off - just a lesson to remember about desserts in this heat.  They will be up NH again, so no tasty desserts from him.  Thinking still of whoopie pies for the kids.  Not sure about the choc pudding cake for adults.

Got to check oven.  Glad you found what you were looking for for your son's birthday, Winter.  That will be a fun time.  Kids always enjoy themselves with little or no planning, actually.  They make their own fun.  I'll poke in later - IF I CAN GET IN!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Well we got this big tub of water balloon fun for Christmas. With the kids I thought it would be a blast for them to do that. So I have ordered a basketball theme cake half vanilla, half chocolate.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Scones are cooling, and I happened to think - I think this is the 2 weeks that Mothermitzi is on the Jersey Shore.  She won't know anything about this either and may be in for a surprise when she gets back.  Then again, we may all be in for a surprise and it may all go off without a hitch (?).  Here's hoping - fingers crossed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good choice for the cake, Winter.  And you're right, the kids will love the water balloon fun.  Hot dogs and hamburgers for eats?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes hotdogs and hamburgers, maybe kilebsa if adults want a different option and a big pitcher of Kool Aide for the kids.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Meant to ask -  what did your son think of the soccor practice the other night?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

He's had two practices so far and he's liked them. He's the oldest on the team and should have been moved up a level, but they had no room on the level 1 and 2 team. So he's the best player on the team :). The way it works he will be on this same team in the Spring and then next year he will be on a U14 team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's kind of nice to start out in the town league as the best player on your particular team - nice introduction to the new kids.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Getting ready to head out now.  Hopefully chat later or tomorrow, fingers crossed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Nice cool morning to wake up to. Had breakfast with the birds; needed a sweater. The air smelled so fresh and clean after yesteday's rain.
    Kar, good to hear you had a nice day with the trip's mom. She must be so grateful to have you come and do things for her. My sister had twins and a 3 year old in a cast. So difficult. She had not planned to, but after 3  months she went back to work part time and used her salary to pay a hired help to take care of the children. She needed to get away from home in order to keep her sanity. She was very lucky to find a mature woman, who in btw. taking care of the children would do minor house chores w/o being asked. The relations stayed long after the children went to school.
    Sounds like you are all set for DS's birthday party, Winter. Is the bed coming today? I was going to ask you to take a picture of it all made up, but I guess you won't be able to post it.
    Not looking forward to this changeover. Hope they have some top notch programmers in there, so it goes better than the last time. That was a disaster. We will just have to wait and see.
    Like the rest of you, I have so enjoyed your friendships. It would be such a loss for me, should they end. Hope it won't happen. Blessings!
    - Pingo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

It is but there are only 3 6th graders, they rest are mostly 4th graders with a couple of 5th grades. Have a good day and hope you are here later.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, the bed comes tomorrow when DH is home. My son is with his dad today. I'll take a picture and just wait to post I guess.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Cheerio is feeling sad.  What with not hearing from any of the other cats on C.C. and the fact that I told her we may not be able to chat ever again - she said she might as well just curl her paws up and wait for it all to be over.  Said she'll check in with me again tomorrow morning and see what's what.  (She knows this will be the last pic of her to be posted too.  Not too happy about that either - she's a diva.)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

oh tt, poor Cheerio, and poor us, that we don't get to see her for a while. Wish you could have left us with a happier photo of her though. Don't want to remember her as a depressed kitty. - Pingo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sorry, that's her state of affairs today.

I, on the other hand, went to my favorite little store and picked up a couple of gifts towards Christmas - a necklace for my nanny friend, and a "Good Karma" t shirt to put in GD's basket.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Hey all, look at the sky!  It's so blue that it hurts to look at it today.  Just topping up the tan on my legs.  Hope you are all looking forward to the weekend and appreciating the prospect of a day off, or a cookout, or a day with a loved one who won't have to work.  I am!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm sounding out my son whose having the cookout, as to what he wants me to bring.  Whoopie pies definitely, and now it's between peanut butter cookies and choc chip.  May just surprise him and make all 3.  It'll be a large gathering, so it will all get eaten, specially by the kids.

Meanwhile, I'm finishing off the box of raspberries I bought yesterday.  Supper will be the end of the rotini and parmesan with maybe the last of the pepperoni cut up and added.  Sometime this afternoon I've got to make a list of stuff I'll need to pick up tomorrow for all that baking.  Flour, sugar, gladwrap, another faux crystal tray, choc chips, marshmallow, conf. sugar, let's see, what else?

ETA:  G.T. is getting ready to take his lunchtime walk at work, and asked if it was really as nice out as it looks - I told him, I'm never leaving here.  It was at least 10 degrees hotter in Melrose than when I pulled up into my driveway and got out.  Always so nice with a breeze here.  It's the perfect spot for me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You can see I'm doing a flurrying of posting before "the change" hits!  Just went out and deadheaded the butterfly bush - fighting off bees, not butterflies today.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

OMG, tt. You are too much. The summer is not even over and you are already buying Christmas gifts. I saw Halloween decorations in a store a few days ago, and I thought, that was a bit too much already.
    But I guess, it is much better to grab items, when you fall over  them, instead of having to look for and find something. I am envious. - Pingo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I'm just doing a test post

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

How are things today, Icer?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh tt, what a cutie that Cheerio is. I wish I would have known we couldn't post pics anymore I would have taken one of Yoda. I'll do it tonight and maybe they are running behind and I can post it tomorrow. I'm pressed that you got some Christmas gifts tt My mom told me my sister is done Christmas shopping. ugh I have nothing.

Icer how are you today. I just love that picture of Zachary.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I' doing well...thank you for asking...What a gorgeous day we have had...I have been tearing parts of the garden apart and preparng compost...exciting stuff i know

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Healthy stuff to be doing, Icer - working with your hands in the soil.. That's so nourishing to your soul.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be heading out soon. Hope everyone has a great night. Hope we can all post tomorrow.