August 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: August 2012

Goodbye, Winter - Good byyyyyeeeee

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Done with Christmas shopping, Winter? What kind of super human is your sister? I am lucky, if get them all wrapped and under the tree on the 23rd.
    Have a good evening everyone. Hope we all will be able to post tmw. morning.
     - Pingo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If we can't post tomorrow I'd hope they'd get it fixed soon... I order gifts from groupon and other discount sites all year for Christmas, but half the time I forget about that stuff and buy more. Then, the kids outgrow what I got first, sigh.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Because I fill family baskets, I'm constantly picking up things that I like as I see them.  Pumpkin's family is the easiest to buy for.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In Response to Re: August 2012:
    [QUOTE]Healthy stuff to be doing, Icer - working with your hands in the soil.. That's so nourishing to your soul.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

I have always found that when times are troubling...working with ones hands can provide solice..if not a solution

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, a sense of peace - letting out a big sigh.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, that's true for DH, too - it's why he prefers me to not pick the veggies for dinner.  He'd rather do it himself and have dinner later than to have me do it for him.

On another note, I just logged in the "regular" way, and it WORKED for the first time in YEARS.  YAY!  BDC is fixing the problems after all this time.  I have some of the buttons available to me on the iPad, but still no "add photo" button.  Maybe that's coming...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Well, it seemed that the new forums were good, but it's taken me about 20 pages to get here.  Not good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Testing the new forum.  Hopefully everyone can get in!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

There's no nre post indicator!  What twit though that was a good idea?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

There's no nre post indicator!  What twit though that was a good idea?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Bug - it already did it to me once before = it will post the same message twice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. I made it on. Kar, we won't be able to post for a little while, Dottie mentioned that in her posts about the update. 

DS' bed comes today between 11-1. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You will not believe this - tried again and again, relogged in, and registered and even sent "help" email to boston.com.  then I thought, what if I try logging with on IE instead of Chrome - sure enough, for today anyway, I'm in.  Hate this small font.  Perhaps when it posts it will show up larger.

Have to get trash out.  Hope to see you all later.

tt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, I think she starts right after Christmas. I hate that we can't edit posts.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Got in w/o any problems. Don't like the small font either. But it seems to get largers when it post.
    Now, let me try to post and see what happens. Will be back later - Pingo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Had a nice, long post that it wouldn't let me post because it insisted I had "_hit" in it, which I didn't.  Anyway, my folks will be here for dinner, and I need to get everything in order asap so I can take Gracie for a walk to work out some energy.  BDC won't let me stay logged in; it times out.  And, when i do, it puts me on the main page and it takes forever to get back here.  I assume they are working these bugs out...  Have a great day everyone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Have a great day as well Kar. What is on the menu for dinner with your parents?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Winter.  I've been marinating chicken breasts in yogurt and curry powder since last night and am planning to braise it in the last of the vegetable soup I made last Sunday.  I'll remove the chicken and while it's resting, cook down the soup into a sauce.  Simple veggies from the garden for sides.  Tomorrow, pork tenderloin, another meal of TJ's tacos (I love their mix), and it takes a lot of tomatoes or sauce so I'll use some of the sauce my mom and I put together tomorrow.  I plan to make sauuce and can it with my mom. :)

When i clicked on the thread, I got kicked out of the broswer altogether because apparently my log in timed out and its response is to kill the whole thing.  Great.  I had to log back in and then navigate back here from the main page, and I'd only been logged in for 20 minutes with no activity.  Aggrevating!

OK, I'm off - will chat later in the day before I take Gracie for her walk after the house is all put together.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I am back again. No problems.
    Kar, it sounds like you have a well planned out visit with your mother. I love the idea of the two of you canning together. What will your stepdad and your DH do in the mean time? Go golfing? You mentioned last week, you had bought a couple of pork tenderloins for your meat loving folks, but didn't know at the time, what to do with them. When I visited TX, my DIL marinated them in a mustard/lemon/herb marinade. Just like you would make a salad dressing, but with a lot of fresh garden herbs.  I especially remember Terragon. Then she sheared it all over in a bit of olive oil and stuck it in an 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes. They were absolutely delicious.
    You know, what will go great with your curried chicken breasts tonight? Tzatziki (yugurt w/ garlic and shredded cucumber). My mouth is already watering.
    Hats and tt, I am sorry to learn you are having such problems getting into the frums. Please don't stop posting.
    Ready to go to work. Would much rather stay at home and enjoy this beautiful almost fall day.
    - Pingo
    PS. Just noticed, we have no spell check, so forgive me my spelling mistakes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I seem to not have the same log in issues in a browser other than safari, bauthentic change has affected my iPads auto-spell correct.  It randomly sticks wordstogether ...yeah, like that, after it mistakenly thinks I've misspelled the second word.  It "corrects" by glueing that word with the previous one.

Thanks, Pingo, I like your pork marinade suggestion.  My folks would like that.  

Testing the buttons... bold,  italics, underline, strikeout. Looks like they work, but the function buttons don't unshadow when I click them off.

Ok, back to work for me!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Huh, strikeout worked until it posted, then the line through the text went away.

Pingo, Dad doesn't golf, unfortunately, and isn't in good physical shape, but they can talk for hours.  Funny, dh isn't a chatter at all except with my dad.  They sit out on the patio with the firepit going, and I have to drag them in at 10 when we have to go to bed, lol.  They aren't go-go-go visitors...they literally enjoy sitting around over tea and talking.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Underline did the same thing.  I hate that we can't edit posts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

It's a beginning, Kar. A few months ago, my TX son was in charge of migrating thousands and thousands of customers for the company he works for. I was a month long nightmare working 16+ hours every day. I am sure BDC is going through the same nightmare right now. We should be grateful, that at least our thread is up and running. Some other threads didn't make it. - Pingo

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Came back on after being out all morning, and it hadn't kicked me off, so I guess I'm OK with IE - for today anyway.

Bought a couple more faux crystal trays to use Sunday, my Halloween cards, and a couple of cute plastic Halloween decorated jars for grandkids' treats.  Stopped at the store and got needed baking supplies and some hamburg to make a meatloaf for supper.  Wishing I had bought something for lunch, feeling too lazy to throw a salad together.  Have one of those ready made pizza crusts, and may just make a pepper/mushroom pizza.  That sounds good.

Allergy season must have already started, both yesterday and today, while I was out, had a headache with teeth starting to ache.  Now that I'm back in the house it's let up.  Ragweed already ?  Funny, had a butterfly trying to land on me this morning when I was trying to get into the car.  Had to actually swoosh it away.  Reminded me of when we went to the butterfly farm in Western MA.

Sections
Shortcuts