August 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: August 2012

So bed arrived about 10 after 11 and DS likes it.  I can't wait to see it and make it up for him later with his new stuff. The comforter came in yesterday. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Picked up some of those gel window stickers - Halloween - at Stop and Shop this morning, and was going back and forth whether or not to keep them for my back door, or bring them out to Lilly.  Well, they're opened, and at 1 large purple bat and 2 smaller black ones are on my kitchen window.  Little sparrows keep flying into the window.  They must see the reflection of the sky.  Every day Cheerio and I hear that knock once or twice, and today I was in the kitchen when it happened again.  Hopefully if this doesn't scare them it will at least give them the realization that there's something there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Where did you get the faux crystal trays tt?  I could use a couple of those. I'm thinking I may make chocolate chip and peanut blossom cookies for the party. None of the kids that are coming have a peanut allergy and my son loves them. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi Everybody -

I guess I came back to some changes here.  Today was the first time I looked at CC and bdc wouldn't accept my old password.  However, they sent me a link to reset my password and it worked the first time.  We'll see if it keeps me logged in.  Anyway, this will be a test and if I can post, I'll follow with another.

mothermitzi

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to August 2012:

Where did you get the faux crystal trays tt?  I could use a couple of those. I'm thinking I may make chocolate chip and peanut blossom cookies for the party. None of the kids that are coming have a peanut allergy and my son loves them. 

I get them for a dollar each at the dollar store.  Different sizes, today I got an oval, an oblong, and a large round, just in case, to put the 15 or however many whoopie pies I get out of the batch - whichever tray they fit on best.  Always good to have in the house because I use them when I'm sending home cookies with GD.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes make a nice presentation and I could use them outside without using real crystal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Well...looks like we have a new do here...I can only hope its slenderizing ^j^

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

I just typed a very long post and got a message asking me to remove certain words that were not suitable.  No wordswere highlighted or italicized.  I read the post over and over trying to find a word that might be remotely offensive and couldn't.  At that point, I couldn't submit my post.  Very discouraging. As they say, you get what you pay for.

In a nutshell, I had a great time at the shore and have a busy weekend ahead. I could have saved myself thirty minutes by just typing the last sentence and posting it.

mothermitzi

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That happened to me this morning, mm, with a nonexistent word in mypost that forced me to cancel.  So aggravating! 

Anyway, glad you had fun!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It also happened to me telling me to remove the "s" word.  turns out the only "s" words were "S&S" - probably won't let me type it now either! LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes make a nice presentation and I could use them outside without using real crystal.

Winter, you understand that these are plastic, cut to look like crystal cut trays.  I use them all the time and never get them back, so I assume the recipients are reusing them - which is OK.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Meatloaf is in the oven - it's the one with the brown sugar, ketchup, mustard glaze.  Is that yours, Winter?

Had a call from a friend this afternoon with an unbelievable, truly unbelievable, but she swears it's true - recipe for brownies -

1 pkg. chocolate cake mix
    1 can of pureed plain pumpkin
    chopped nuts

Mix the two ingredients, nothing else, add nuts, and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes tt, I assumed they were plastic, but would be great to use outside near the pool. We don't allow glass back there, as we don't want it in the pool. It wasn't my meatloaf, but it sounds yummy. 
    I'll be heading out soon and I am home tomorrow, so not sure if I'll get a chance to post. If not I hope everyone has a great evening and an even better weekend. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, which Cook's toll house bars recipe do you use?  There are several on the website.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sorry, Winter, I've been cooking a chocolate pudding to make a choc cream pie - just saw your post.  It's called Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies and starts with 2 c. firmly packed brown sugar, 1/2 c. butter, melted, 2 eggs - and so on.  Remember, this last time I thought they tasted more like a "blondie", if you've ever had them - a toffee flavored bar.  Important not to overbake.  I think I did 28 minutes this time but next would do 25 if they tested clean, to get that caramel wet consistency when you bite into them, like I had the first time.

Have a great week-end.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT, the cake+can of fruit + nuts +melted butter type recipe is known to all scout leaders as a dump cake.  Cos you dump the fruit in the bottom of the dutch oven (lined with foil) then the cake mix, then the melted butter.  In the case of the pumpkin, I would guess the pumpkin puree subs for the butter.  Most common is chocolate + cherry pie filling.  Pears and spice cake mix is good.  Pineapple and yellow cake also.  Peaches and yellow cake.  Apple pie filling and spice cake.  Apple and yeallow cake.  It's all in what you have on hand...

Google "dump cake recipes."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I just did, Hats, and the variations are endless.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Let's see now, I have a lemon cake mix that's been sitting on my shelf for a couple of months.  What to put with that for a dessert next time G.T. comes down, since they love lemon - - hmmmm.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

lemon pie filing.  Apricot pie filling.  Peaches with lemon would be good too. Pears?  Also you  can throw in some spice - cinnamon, etc. what ever would be good with the fruit.

By the way I typed just the letter "u" instead of you and got the dirty word dialog.  The Boston.com programmers are the stupidest in the world.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

can i post?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You're having a terrible time on the boards, today, Hats - I've been reading the "problems" thread.

Is there such a thing as apricot pie filling?  That would be good.  I don't think I've ever seen that in the store.  Just cut into my choc cream pie, a little too early, but it didn't run or anything.  Found MyTFine pudding (cook, not instant) on the shelf today.  Haven't been able to buy that in years.  But, you know, even that wasn't quite chocolatey enough for me.  I like my chocolate strong.  Guess next time, only if I'm having company, I'll scan Ina's recipes and find a really from scratch choc cream pie recipe, and of course whip real whipping cream for the topping.  I did use the Rich's squirt whipped cream, but whole thing didn't meet my "expectations"

Meatloaf tasted so good.  Cooked up an ear of corn to go with.  Have to remember tomorrow to cook up or use in a salad the baby spinach I bought this week.  It's in the crisper, and out of sight, out of mind.  For lunch ended up with a hamburg roll with thinly sliced cuke, thick slab of tomato, and cheese with Miracle Whip.  Going to cut half, well, maybe a third of the meatloaf and freeze it and bring it Sunday for my DIL.  She loves meatloaf and they never have beef now since DS had heart attack.  Of course, what I don't say to him is that he eats other things that are probably as bad for him.  But, he's got that bee in his bonnet that beef is the worse offender.  I'm looking forward to a meatloaf sandwich tomorrow.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

I HAVE NO BANNED WORDS____________GO AWAY

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Well, that one worked-------just checking in--had a message typed, but could not figure out what they said was banned that needed to be removed.   I totally seperated the word     I    T      from everything else, but still would not work. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

With me it was a work that began with "S", in my case, "S&S" as in Stop and Shop.

HAHA  I just got it again.  I'll put " around the letters and they'll allow it - watch

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

can i post?

Icer, you can post, you just can't have an avatar!  lol

Sections
Shortcuts