August 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: August 2012

In response to pingo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ache,
    This has nothing to do with non-participation. But the month of August is long gone. I don't  read the old threads on the chat. I just happened to see tt had posted on the August thread, when I opened the Chat this morning, and was curious as to why she would post on the August thread. You should have started a new discussion.
    Ok, to make you happy, I will take a guess: November 13 any time during the day.
    Now tt, you can help me win here, by manage your posting, so the 10,000 fall on Nov. 13th. That you could do for an old friend. - Pingo

[/QUOTE]

pingo:

You posted two separate messages in this thread after I made the contest announcement: on Sept 6th and Sept 7th. (please see above). So you must have seen the announcement, right? How could you miss it? Maybe some of the others here didnt know about the contest, but you surely did, didnt you?

I'm only asking because by not participating, I think you may have hurt poor tt's feelings (she's very sensitive)...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"3) Ive already declared Robin the "tt 10K" contest winner. Way to go, Robin! Please step forward and accept your prize"

How can you declare anyone the winner when I haven't even hit 10,000 posts yet?  And, when Pingo has placed a timely entry, to boot.  Honestly, Ache, you're showing your partiality here.  Topped off by your using the excuse of being too busy with other planning activities to host another contest in which the ladies of C.C. would surely participate, just reenforces my belief that this present "when will tt his 10,000 posts" contest was just whistling in the dark.  That's OK, perhaps we'll do our own "holiday rhyme" theme among ourselves.   We don't need an event planner anyway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

What is the prize?   Wait till December 1st to announce the winner, I could be way off!

Maybe others will participate,  too early to call it!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

trumpet, three more things:

1) I dont make excuses. I leave that sort of thing to you and bostondottie:)

2) I get to declare the contest winner because Robin is the only person here to post a guess without having to be prompted to do so. Her friendship with me played no role in my decision

3) I think it would be great if you wrote a poem about RoyGBiv for the Freak Fest. All you need to know about him is that he is the biggest brown noser of all time

Thank you

See you at the Fest:)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I will give you your gift in private, Robin. I dont want tt accusing me of favoritism again

ETA: Looks like they added EDIT!

woo hoo!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You won't see me at the "fest".

I don't have edit.

I stand corrected - when my post came up, lo and behold there it was!  Hurray!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I hope it's a battery operated portable heater for Woody's den that I could lower into his tunnel, I heard it's going to be a rough Winter!

PS: I have edit too!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I have edit!
    tt has edit!
    Robin has edit!

We all have edit!

Yippee!

Hooray for edit!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ok Ache, I will admit it. I did skim through the thread, but only read fully the few posts, I found of interest to me.
    I still think it was a dumb idea to bring the contest up in an aged thread.
    Pingo has edit too - yes, hooray for edit. Now, when do we get spellcheck?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

pingo:

On 8/31 in this thread, tt misused the term ETA

On 9/1, I called her on it

That led to a silly exchange about acronyms

When that was winding down, I happened to notice trumpet's posting total which was approaching 10K. That is when I got the idea for the contest, and in that moment I decided to post the announcement of the contest in thi thread

That is why it ended up here. Not an ideal location, but I figured everyone would see it anyway and take one guess each

But it didnt happen that way

Oh, well

PS When you watch DWTS tonight, pay careful attention to Gilles Marini, okay? He and I are practically mirror images of one another. It's uncanny. I am often mistaken for him IRL

Not kidding!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm not the only one nearing 10,000, my soap, Y&R will air their 10,000 episode Thursday!  Let me see, am I anywhere near that where we could both celebrate on the same day?  Hmm, 9942 - don't think I could make that many more posts in 2 days, well, 3 days.  I could try -

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

i have to see if i have edit

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

i have to see if i have edit

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not the only one nearing 10,000, my soap, Y&R will air their 10,000 episode Thursday!  Let me see, am I anywhere near that where we could both celebrate on the same day?  Hmm, 9942 - don't think I could make that many more posts in 2 days, well, 3 days.  I could try -

[/QUOTE]

i had to reply to your post tt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Doesn't the "edit" show on your post after you've posted it? Only to you?  My posts all show "edit" to me now.

(9944)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Pretty freaky that you and your favorite show may achieve a similar milestone on the same day, trumpet. The TT/Y&R 10K Quinella?

Youll have to average a little over 25 messages a day over the next two days though to reach your goal. That's a lot of messages, but doable

I suggest you accidentally/on purpose double post a few ala Icer above

Kind of a sneaky way to make it happen, but no worries. It's all legit

Good luck on your Quest to 10K