August 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: August 2012

Huh...I'd put it in the middle of the table and let them serve their own darned pie if that's how they're going to be!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer, do you remember a week or so ago in an episode Victor was talking to someone who was trying to warn him about Sharon, and he said, "I know exactly who she is and what she is" ?  I think this marriage thing and prenup is all some kind of a scheme.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Speaking of diets, for all your support I think I owe you a photo. :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, you certainly didn't get any support from me with all my baking (and eating), but congratulations, you look fabulous!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, but you forget about my vicarious enjoyment of all your goodies. Everything was scrumptious, and I didn't have to bake or work it off. Sounds pretty supportive to me! Thanks! I was trying on my suit for our trip to the lake Sunday...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, you look fantastic!!! Great job.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In Response to Re: August 2012:
    [QUOTE]Icer - did you see Sharon's face when Victor brought out the pre-nuptual agreement?  LOL  And now Phyllis is meeting with her old psychiatrist and finds he had taped the session where she confessed - - Today will be a good one - -
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]
    not as good as tomorow will be..and yes..i did see her face

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Kar..good job!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

and yes...TT..I did see last week..I think it was Nick...that Victor was talking to when he remarked,"I know just who ShaRON IS"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks so much, ladies!! Now, to keep up with it all year this time. ETA: I have 3 to 5 more pounds to go before my jeans fit so keep the good words of encouragement coming!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Have a good evening everyone I'm headed out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

G'night, winter!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Winter-hope you eye is better.
    Kar--totally jealous-you look awewome. You don't need to loose anyhing, as far as I can see ! Congrats.

TT--I hate going down the basement now, too. I wish I could move my laundry upstairs somewhere.
    Getting ready for haircut tonight, and trip to the store for some weekend goodies.
    Pingo--can't wait to see pic of the pie--it sounds so good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, tulips! I do realize I'm not actually overweight, but my goal is to always be able to zip up my wedding gown...it's not a forgiving garment, lol. That way I can be assured I'm not gaining a few pounds here and there every year. I was 25 lbs heavier in 1997 than I am now, and I never want to let my weight creep up like that, again, you know?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Tulips, have a great time this week-end.  It will do you so much good to get away for a couple of days and just laugh and relax.  You've got a pretty full plate.  We all need a change of pace now and then.  Look forward to your posting Monday. 
    Be safe.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Thanks TT- I will probably jump on in the morning-leaving around 1:00.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Dinner party just left, and I am p**ped!
    But I do need to tell you, that the Lemonade Pie was like a dream - unbelievably good.  Raves all over, even from the finickies. The 1/2 hour in the refrigerator was right on the button - even after 15 more minutes it was still cut-able.
    Will download and post pictures tomorrow. I am too tired right now. Nighty-nite.
    - Pingo

Tulip have a wonderful fun trip if I don't get to chat w/ you tmw. before you leave. And you know, we are all looking forward to a detailed report Monday. LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

--- and Kar, you look absolutely fantastic. Good job and congratulations!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats on doing the impossible, Pingo, pleasing the Finickies! I will have to have the recipe to that miracle pie. Cannot wait to see the photos. Thanks, again, for all the encouragement as I shed my Winter weight this Spring and especially during the cleanse...that was especially difficult this year given DH wasn't doing it with me, and we had the in-laws visit in the middle. I knew I had you cheering me on, and it helped! So, I debated about posting the photo as I didn't want to appear to be showing off or fishing for compliments, but decided on posting to thank you for all your help and show you your kindness and support really DID help to get me here. I could SAY it helped all I wanted, but as they say, a pic is worth a thousand words. Wish I could post my big smile of gratitude, too, but you'll have to imagine that...don't know who else might be watching, unfortunately. Friday already. My having been sick Monday really threw me off the whole week; I lost a day. It's going to be a steamy one they say, and the air does feel heavy... Not much planned here for today, but made two sets of plans for next week. Canning Kickoff Party with me and the dear friend I visited last week and lunch with the father of the trips (Wednesday?).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Can't figure out why, but when I post from the iPad, sometimes it just decides I've posted enough and that's that. I can't even ETA that one! Anyway... The canning "party" is Friday. Have a great weekend, everyone! I'm adding my well wishes, Tulips, for a fun trip and am looking forward to hearing all about it Monday. :) Blessings, ~kar

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Shut off A/C during the night and opened the window.  This morning there is still nice cool air coming in.  Woke up during the night with my subconscious telling me I had better check with son before buying his sandwich/brewski today, to be sure they are around - I remember he mentioned having a few days off some time during this month and going down to Foxwoods.  Could be they have planned that over his b'day (tomorrow).

Now there are 2 sets of pictures I'm waiting to see - your pie, Pingo, and your canning jars filled with beautiful veggies/fruits, Kargiver.  I always wish I had clipped that pic from the magazine of the sun shining through the jars of produce.  My mind's eye has it clear tho.

I have a couple of plans for next week myself, a possible visit from G.T., and an estimate for my front stairs from a mason with a lovely Irish brogue! Recommended to me by a cousin of my cousin.  Talked with him on the phone and it was a touch of the dear old sod!

Waiting for Harry to make an appearance before I jump in the shower.  Surprised he's not out there, may have come and gone already.  Cat Lady called concerned because she hadn't seen him for a few days, but since he's still breakfasting here, we figure he's changing his supper routine to his new patron, the lady on the hill.

Time for me to grab a bite.  Have a peach I want to cut up, and a banana and half of an early Mac, so may just start with a bowl of sliced fruit this morning. Winter, hope your eye is feeling better this morning and your vision a little better to show it's on the mend.  Amber, think of you each day and look to see if maybe there's a line or two.  Know your DD is taking good care of you. Cheerio hops up here every now and then to see if there might be a message from your house.

ETA:  Princess, how did you make out at the doctor's yesterday?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, tt. Funny how we can do our best "thinking" in our sleep...I hope your DS and fam are around and you get to enjoy his birhtday with them. Didn't they go to Foxwoods for his bday last year? Love the Irish brogue - almost like singing and so cheerful. That's exciting about your steps. Did G.T. try the cabbage "recipe?" I hope they liked it as much as we and the Pingos do if so. Yes, thinking of Ambergirl all the time. I remember my mom's recovery being quite painful, but not too awfully long, but I suppose that's in the eye of the one in therapy. And, of course, hoping, too, for Princess's good numbers at the doc's, but she probably doesn't have them yet. I'm still ugly over her FIL's thoughtless comments and hope DH set him straight about it being highly inappropriate and hurtful. DH left a little later than ususal today for a meeting that isn't in the office. I know this sounds super sappy, but even just 20 extra minutes in the morning with him is a blessing. I miss him during the day even if we are doing our separate tasks. Well, as much as I'm not looking forward to some parts of our trip Sunday, I'm excited about seeing his parents and spending a few hours with DH in the car...especially the ride HOME, lol.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Are you staying a few days or is it just a one day visit?  Will be so nice on the Lake.

Don't know if G.T. tried that cabbage recipe yet or not.  I forwarded it to him.

Have a few more things to get done around the house, so will get a move on before the humidity does move in.  Hate to be closed in with just the A/C.  I leave my windows open as long as possible.  Fruit was delicious.  Poured one of those individual containers of fruit cocktail over, to give it some juiciness.  Delicious.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Yoda is 1 today.  Seems like everyone has some nice weekend plans.  Pingo, I do hope you post that recipe.  tt, we had a mason with an Irish brogue fiv our retaining wall, if it's the same guy he was great!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Snapped on NECN, they are in Abington today.

Harry made his appearance, ate, stayed to talk a bit, and now has ambled off.