August 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Re: August 2012

In Response to Re: August 2012:
    [QUOTE]Snapped on NECN, they are in Abington today. Harry made his appearance, ate, stayed to talk a bit, and now has ambled off.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

I know...I was on it!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

[QUOTE]Catching some more of fox 25's visit to Abington - they just interviewed Martin's Restaurant.  what a nice feeling you get watching and listening to this program this morning.  The young man who was in that terrible accident last year was on too, and he's an inspiration to everyone.  Want to watch some more, there's a nice feeling to this town.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

That boys house is the house honey fixed up for ramps and an elevator

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

When Gracie goes swimming in a pond, she stinks to the high heavens, and the house does, too, until I bathe her and wash her bedding. I suppose we could choose to never bathe her and to get used to the stench, and then visitors would be the only ones aware of it. I've been in homes where they clearly have chosen to do that, but that would not work for us. Gracie doesn't roll in anything; it's never been her nature to do so. She doesn't seem to suffer from itchiness, either. Maybe it's all the regular brushing she gets as well as the salmon oil and zinc she takes for her skin. Tt, I went out to lunch today, too...wish I could do that every day. I was good and had a bowl of chicken salad, light on mayo and a lovely bowl of fresh fruit. Hope you get to spend time with the birthday boy and family this weekend, too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, I missed you - Icer - darn!!  You could have given me a heads up.  Just saw bits and pieces and missed the beginning.  You could have spoken to me in code or something on the boards yesterday.  Now I'll have to scan the computer and see if fox 25 has episodes you can see after they've been on.  See how difficult you make my life?  LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer, well, I found their zip trip but only thing I saw that could have been related to you was a cake with green icing?  No pics of the baker or a booth.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Today was the only time I'll be with birthday boy this week, Kargiver.  They will go off somewhere tomorrow for the day.  DIL needs a little off time too, has a very stressful job.  She was good to navigate him over here for lunch today.  I had filled her in this morning what I had planned, and when he suggested them going out to lunch, she said, "Why don't we stop by your mother's first?"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hi All
    Kar - you look beautiful!!

Pingo - you're pie is a work of art!

Happy Bday Yoda!

TT -Glad you enjoyed your lunch.  Icer, missed you too this am, but I did have it on for a bit.

Not good news w/the blood work, but convinced her to not make me go to the hsp, have to go back for more blood work tomorrow.  Perhaps it will be better then!!  I will think positively, like you Kar.

Thank you all for your concern, but I'm sure we'll correct the issues!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I"m about to head out. Hope everyone has a nice weekend.  Kar, try to enjoy yourself Sunday.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What a sweet DIL, tt, so glad she helped with the surprise birthday lunch. Prin, sorry you got bloodwork that requires further attention. I hope you can get and keep it where it needs to be soon so you can feel your best. Tulips is off to her trip, and the weekend is essentially upon us. I hope everyone has a rejuvenating one. I'll be here tomorrow but not online much as I'm slated to do all the cooking at the lake for MIL's birthday. Stuffed peppers will be the star of the show, one of their favorites, and most of the ingredients are still growing out back as we speak. :) I'll be preparing as much as I possibly can tomorrow and bringing it all ready to go Sunday. Man, it's hot in here...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hae a nice week-end, Winter - is this the week-end of the pool party?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Winter! Have a great time at the pool. Hope you can enjoy yourself as much as your guests do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good luck with the blood numers tomorrow, Princess.  I had a good feeling about today's visit, guess it must have been that you at least you wouldn't be put into the hospital.  Fool her tomorrow and have them be right where they should be.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning.  It's moonflower time again and the blossoms seem even larger than ever.  I'm careful to step between the plants so as not to chance the rash I got last year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

WOW, tt - I agree, they are more fabulous than ever! What a gorgeous way to kick off the day's posts. Thanks for risking a rash for us! Hope you escaped its oils if that's what did it to you last time. Prin, are you around today? Hope you are home to enjoy the weekend. I meant to thank you yesterday for your kind words about my pic. :) DH just picked a perfect, blemish free tomato that tipped the scales at a whopping 1.8 lbs. Unbelievable! What a tomato growing season this has been. Onions, on the other hand, are not happy. They grew, but the drought damaged them and they are rotting. :( DH has pulled them early and are hoping they will dry instead of rot in the ground. Last year, we had our own onions a full 11 months...would hate to have to buy them this year, but those things happen. The Brussels sprouts are coming along nicely, very early, and last year they were trashed by moths. You just never know. I've been sitting on this awhile; DH asked what and when I need from the garden to prepare for tomorrow. So, maybe I missed some posts in the meantime...I better see. Have a great weekend, everyone, and for those gone, already, we're thinking of you! ~kar

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

[QUOTE]Kar, I can't stand when he smells rotten...yes he is a dog, but I don't want him to smell so bad that I don't even want to pet him! Thanks on the congrats, I had a girl, Courtney Alison, on July 12 :)
    Posted by lizinboston[/QUOTE]

Liz, Congratulations on your daughter, really like your choice of name.
    They sell a spray in the Pet store called, "Keep away", spray it where he rolls around, it might keep him away.....I use it to keep the neighborhood cats from using part of my backyard as their dropping ground...so far so good. ss 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, dear - had a nice long post and hit some combination of buttons and poof!  I'll try again -

Nice main dish to prepare, Kargiver, stuffed peppers.  Easy on the cook too, as yuo can take them all made and just cook.  Is that pounder tomato going along to serve with?  I have one left from the market sitting in a bowl with a couple of peaches, and will slice it up at lunchtime.  Need more veggies, so can't wait until Tuesday.

Pingo, there are 5 valiant stems from the shamrock plant standing upward, while the rest are wilted and hanging over the edges.  Only gave it a sip of water when I replanted it, so today since it's looking as tho it just might make it, will give it a regular drink with some plant food in it.  After all, if it's making the effort, I can help it along as much as possible!

Cheerio has already headed back to the ironing board in the hopes that I will open the blinds and let the sun in - ain't gonna happen.  Harry ate, and then an hour later sauntered out for more - which I gave him, of course - we all have those mornings when we have the hungry horrors!

A flock of geese just flew over, something must have spooked them down at the pond.  Haven't walked up there this year, what with ticks, coyotes.  Speaking of which, hope Tulips has an uneventful weekend down the Cape.  I'd like to be up north, myself - Kargiver - 

Much as I hate to get out of this nice loose nightie and into confining clothes, should shower and dress.  It's a Saturday, so never know if someone might stop in.  Want to catch birthday boy with my serenade before he heads out too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning everyone,
    I can't even visualize the size of that tomato, Kar. You must be able to make an entire dinner with it. Mine are still at the green stage, but they are coming - and so far so good, the deer have not ravaged them yet. Stuffed peppers sounds good. I have made your recipe many times. Wish I could pick my own, just like you. But peppers have never done will in my little patch.
    What a beautiful sight to wake up to, tt. Thanks for posting it. Sounds like you had a nice visit with the birthday boy yesterday. Good you got DIL in on the surprise.
    Winter, I hope your eye is better, so you can enjoy your pool party. How is your knee doing?
    DH left to play tennis this morning. It is going to be a hot and humid one. Glad it is not me. The temps. is already over 80º. DS and I will do some shopping. He needs a rain jacket for wet England. This afternoon, we will pickup the lobsters and have them tonight, with you know what for dessert.
    Stay well - Pingo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

The board will probably be slow today. But here is a chuckle for the few, who show up here:

A man and his wife went on vacation to Jerusalem. While
     they were there, the wife passed away.

The undertaker told the husband, "You can have her shipped home for
     $5,000, or you can bury her here, in the Holy Land, for $150."

The man thought about it and told him he would just have her shipped
    home.
    The undertaker asked, "Why would you spend $5,000 to ship your wife
    home, when it would be wonderful to be buried here and you would spend
    only $150?"

The man replied, "Long ago a man called Jesus Christ died here, was
    buried here, and three days later he rose from the dead. **
    I just can't
    take that chance.*

Have a good weekend - Pingo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's a cutie, Pingo, copying and sending on -

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

DH and fam love the stuffed peppers, and like you say, tt, soooooo easy to prepare ahead.  The tomato is not as ripe as others so we'll slice it up in a couple of days or bring it in their care package of veggies for after we leave.

If you've only had one flop crop of peppers, Pingo, you might want to try them again.  Things randomly fail or succeed sometimes.  We tried parsnips this year that didn't take, but intend to try again next year.  If you've tried a number of times, though, it might be the soil pH.

DH is out with Gracie, and things are so dry he had to wear a pack with her water - no streams for her to refresh herself in, and ponds, as aforementioned this month, make her STINK and who knows what's in that stagnant water, anyway.

Here's the 2 lb tom with a few things for reference including a glimpse of the blueberries I picked yesterday, my favorite.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OMG, that is humungous.  I love the large ones, just sliced, salted and devoured.  I finished up the last of the raspberries a few minutes ago.  Each week they get a little smaller, so I know their season must be coming to an end.  The corn has held up, sweet and delicious tho, and this week that's what it will be, tomatoes, cukes, corn, and raspberries.  I still have some of the curly leaf lettuce I bought there week before last, and it's still crisp and good.  Makes you realize how long produce you buy in the stores must have been in transit etc.

I'm dressed, my song sung, and I have nothing much planned for today.  When I first got up thought of doing a little baking to replenish my breakfast sweets, but now I'm thinking it's too hot.  Scones would have to be plain raisin, an orange coffee cake might be nice made into muffins as a change from the applesauce ones - or even I could make some blueberry muffins or scones seeing as I have quite a few frozen.  My favorite are the cranberry scones, and I haven't made a trip to T.J.'s yet.  Vibrant color is missing in S&S.

Are you making a birthday cake, Kargiver?  Or is someone else in charge of that?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We agree, he's destined to be sliced, not lost in a cooked dish. :) Yup, our raspberries are kaput. Blackberries are slowing down to about 1/3 of their peak production. There are a lot more blueberries coming, though. Corn should be going strong for another month, I think, tt. I'm not baking a cake...hope it's not missed, or, if it would be, they buy whatever they want. They frequent a nice bakery.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I just ate mine - couldn't even wait til lunch!  Delicious.  Am weakening about the scones tho, just may roll and pat some dough into six raisin ones.  Heat be dam*ed!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

That tomato is so yummy looking - when it is ripened a bit more.  Nothing like a tomato sandwich - toasted rye, mayo, tomato - 4 slices - salt and pepper.  Yum.  I have two ripening in a bowl right now.  We have two parties this weekend, must go and make a salad for today's.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's going to be hot, anyway...go for it!