August 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: August 2012

Good ,morning everyone.  Looks to be a nice day.  Have a nice day out East Kar and shopping.  tt, I'd love a Wowie cupcake for breakfast.  Pingo, hope you have some activites to keep you busy since DH will be away.  How long is he going for?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Found an English muffin hiding in the fridge and toasted that up with butter and raspberry jam.  Healthier?  I don't know -

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Forgot this little pic I snapped last night of Cheerio resting on her "blankie" that she carries around -

and this morning on her favorite "resting" place -

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, that is just too cute. Love the blankie one. Have a nice lunch with your friend, Kar. It is today your lenses are coming in, Winter? Hope your sight has not been damaged.

TX son called early this morning, "Open your e-mails, Mom - while I wait here". There it was. A ticket to go and visit him, while DH is away. I was totally dumbfounded. Couldn't believe, what I saw. So now I am going to TX on Sunday for a week. He wanted to cheer me up, now that both son and DH were gone. He did check with his Dad first, so DH knew about it, but kept it a surprise for me. I still can't believe it. "Don't worry Mom. I will set you up with a computer here, so you can reach your office files. Just leave your computer on." I am in a daze.
    Other son arrived home safely. My house looks like a tornado went through it. Will be worse after DH leaves, but now I don't care. Clean up will have to wait until I get back. I will still have a few days at home alone, before DH gets back.
    I need another strong cup of coffee. Take care all - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Great pictures tt. Pingo what a great DS you have to surprise you with a ticket to TX.  You must be over the moon. I have a business trip to TX in September, DH is coming with me and DS will be with his dad. Won't have time to do much sight seeing though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, Pingo, what wonderful boys you have.  That was so thoughtful.  But, that means we'll miss you here on the boards for a week - guess we'll be OK, knowing what a great time you'll be having, instead of being home alone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Contact is ready, but office closes at 2:30 today.  DH is going to pick it up and doctor will be see me Monday afternnon for a quick check.  He wants me to wear it for a few days.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, I am taking a break from ironing. Just took another look at the "Kitty on the Square". So cute! Get me thinking of making my grand kitties one each, while visiting them.
    Yes, I know my sons are awesome. I am still in awe though. It s something, I would never ever expect. I know, it is going to be hot-hot-hot there. They do have a nice pool, maybe I will use it, when no one is around. LOL
    I have begun to look forward to the visit. At first, I was just too overwhelmed. I decided to bring my water coloring stuff. Maybe I can get my brushes going again. That always bring back my sanity.
    DH is happy for me and tells me not to worry about the office. I will have a computer available, so I hope I can check in with you guys on and off.
    If I am babbling - please excuse me. I am in the seventh Heavens. - Pingo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh me, oh my.  Posted a nice long reply to your post, Pingo, hit "post", and poof the blank page.  Then for an hour I couldn't get in past a blank page.  I thought we had those problems behind us.

Anyway - good idea to bring your brushes and paints to Texas with you.  You can always pick up a canvas there.  I'll bet they have lots planned to do the week you're there tho.  And the heat?  You'll do fine, everything is air conditioned, I remember from my days in El Paso.  Got married in June and drove right down there to the base my husband was stationed at.  Hottest part of the year.

I'd love to get a pic of Cheerio actually walking towards me with the square in her mouth.  She looks so cute with it draggng  between her two front paws.  She meows the whole way and I have to keep answering, "In here - I'm in here, Cheerio."  Never have the camera at hand, and by the time I click it on, she has dropped the square.  I do think it's a holdover from her draggng her kittens around. Some day - - 

Stop and Shop was mobbed this morning - like a Thusday or Friday before a holiday.  Did pick up some chocolate frozen yogurt to put on a dutch apple pie I bought for tomorrow - and a few hundred other things - never get out of there with just what's on my list.

Had let the feeder get empty because the moonflowers have spread so, but went out a few minutes ago and filled that (risking those poisonous leaves against my bare legs) and filled the birdbath too.  Haven't seen them actually splash around in it at all this year, just sip from the edge.

Have to do a wash, just one, and then I'm through for the day.  Housework be darned - he'll be outside planting anyways.  I'll give the bathroom a once over and that's it.  Feels like a Friday today to me. 

P.S.  Know what I forgot - when I sent the blankie pic to G.T. this morning, he wrote back, "Wonder if she knows it doesn't go all the way underneath her?"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I think she knows that ir goes under her head and she likes it.  Did you make the square?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Pingo -what a great surprise from your son!  How long will you be gone for?

TT - Cheerio certainly doesn't have any problem finding a resting spot!

Obbie - have a great time at Hilton Head.  Anything on the agenda there?

Kar - glad you got to see your friend.  I'm sure his life is quite busy these days!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. I have my contacts back and I can see. I don't wear them for cosmetic reasons though. I have a condition which I named last week.  Glasses don't help my vision or the condition. Hard contact lenses do. I wish it would have gotten stick in my eye, I could have popped it out. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In Response to Re: August 2012:
    [QUOTE]Glad to hear your daughter won't be taking the Seattle job, Obbie.  I'm sure you are too.  Good luck to your granddaughter taking her boards.  I'm sure all her hard studying will pay off. With a planned vacation to Hilton Head, I wouldn't say it's "dull around there.  Should be beautiful this time of year. Had a laugh with SS today.  Remember the book I picked up for her when we went to Kittery?  I was so pleased to have found an author I "knew" she was looking for - - talked with her today, and she never heard of that author!  When she gave me the name of the author whose books she is always searching out, the name is nothing like Kleypas!!  Guess it must have stuck in my mind from my volunteer work at the library, shelving books, I've seen her paperbacks zillions of times.  We had a good laugh about it anyway. Lazy man's supper tonight of baked beans, fresh scali bread, and milk.  Makes me think of my mother and her baked bean sandwiches!  Couldn't understand how she ate that, but I guess I came pretty darn close tonight.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]  tt, Your post reminded me of my Dad, when he was working in the laundry he used to bring baked bean sandwiches for his lunch, he would put his lunch bag on top of one of the machines in the laundry and when it was lunch time his sandwiches were hot......I love baked beans and a treat for me is beans and buttered toast.  take care and keep smiling, ss.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Prin - yeah, I was stunned when he said he could get away; he has to make up time away from the office (or charge vacation). It was humbling to be on the very short list of non-essential ways he chose to spend some of his time. Meant to mention the baked bean sandwiches - I have fond memories of my great-grandmother's made with her homemade Maine baked beans and elegant sandwich bread...and loads of butter, of course. We usually heated the beans and toasted the bread so they weren't cold, but seems to me that sometimes she did eat hers cold. Winter that must be such a relief to have your contacts. How is your eye healing?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Glad you got your contact back, Winter.  If you have no problem seeing, I'm hopeful there was no permanent damage to your eye.  Getting that word from the ophthalmologist will be the best answer.

Just now having a cup of coffee and a bit of scone.  Thawed some out this morning.  Made up some lemonade (not the iced tea that I thought G.T. liked!), and got the trash out.  Harry's been fed and is on his way.  No need to let my son see the empty dish out there and put 2 and 2 together.  He does get exasperated with me sometimes - don't know why, do you? lol

Kargiver, nice you had such a great lunch meeting with the triplets' dad.  Busy as he must be, it's nice that he makes time to keep in touch with friends.

Pingo, you're probably planning in your head what you're going to take to Texas and things you want to get done before you leave.  Good that you have someone in the office you feel you can leave in charge for a week.

Princess, so good to pop on the computer in the morning and see your early morning post.  Take care of yourself.

Mother pushing her little one in a fold up stroller across the street, his little legs just hanging out - so cute.  Always wish I had a quick photo camera.  I'd keep it here and snap a lot of the pictures of joggers and walkers I see go by.  For a couple of these hot days there has been a couple at night who pull their little one in a red wagon that has an attached canopy - cutest thing.  He's in  there bobbing around with his little beach hat on, looking this way and that, and his parents are chatting away.

Well, might just get the eggplant sliced, breaded and browned, ready for the tomato sauce and cheese.  I'm feeling lazy this morning, had a restless night awake off and on - pondering the problem of the stairs.  Trying not to think about it until after I get the opinion of my son's friend this week-end.  The added price of the railing is what is throwing me now - perhaps the mason will be able to come down on that.  I look around inside and think how many ways I could spend that money on the inside.  Enough about me.  Chat later.

ETA:  G.T. just pulled in the driveway!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, my distance vision seems ok. However, my left eye was always better at close range (like reading) and that seems to be off.  I will see him on Monday after work.  Kar as for the healing.  The doctor told me last week the the cut itself would heal itself in a few days.  If there is a scar there is nothing really that they can do.  In extreme circumstances you can have surgery but I do have vision in it.

tt, have a lovely visit with G.T.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Enjoy your time with G.T, tt, and your commenting on the eggplant reminds me ours are ready...first of the season will be picked today! Indeed, I'm blessed by my friend's commitment to remain close through all the big changes in both our lives in the 11 years of our friendship. It's not easy, and temporary friends come in and out of our lives. Of course, that's not a bad thing, just how life is, but those who remain close are very special. It's hard for all of us to get together at once, now, but we are hoping to go visit them in their home (their only option for awhile!) soon. Winter, I hope you have no scarring and your vision returns to your baseline soon.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Off I go to get my canning jars, the only thing I'm missing from the "Canning and Preserving for Dummies" checklist. Since my friend is coming tomorrow, I cannot procrastinate further, lol. Hats, I found the pectin to make jellies with reduced sugar. Thanks!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Awwww!  Glad to have helped.  May it be delicious!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm sure it will be yummy with stevia and pectin, and DH isn't the only one who will benefit. There are a number of diabetics in the family we can give these as gifts to. Thanks, again, for the tip! Our peach tree is heavily laden with nearly ripe fruit. I LOVE peach preserves.... I got the jars and have opened and gone through all the contents of the canner. I think I have everything I need except courage. Maybe my friend will bring some for me tomorrow. :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good afternoon,
    Got up at 4 this morning to make another trip to the AP. I was trying to stay awake, when I got back home, but my eyelids could not stay open, so I went in for an hour of shuteye. Or so I thought. Bad idea. Woke up at noon, with a heavy head. Not headache, but like I had a lead hat on.
    tt, hope you had a nice visit with GT. How was the eggplant? That is one thing I cannot eat. I am allergic to it. DH loves it, but unfortunately for him, I don't make it often. Did GT have a chance to go to Kane's? DH thinks a developer has been after them, and they are selling. It is a huge prime piece of land, and the family has been working so hard there for years. It is a hard and difficult job. Maybe time to retire. If they go, I will miss them.
    DH left me with a long list of to-do's. Better get back to work, so I can cross them off the list.
    Hope you all are well - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Drink some water, Pingo, a schedule disruption like that can lead to dehydration.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, how long will your DH be away?  As hats said make sure you keep hydrated.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hello.  I think we all forget the importance of keeping hydrated.  My choice of liquids today has been a glass with half cranberry juice mixed with half gingerale.  I'm sure water would be better, but have been on a cranberry juice kick of late.  Like the tartness.

G.T. was here early, and did so much work.  Brought some of his extra plants, cleared out one side of the front garden and planted, and then cleared the side of the back garden.  Lunch was corn, salad of baby spinach, tomatoes, cukes, and then the eggplant.  Neither of us had room for the apple pie and choc froz yogurt, so that, half the leftover eggplant, leftover spinach and a tomato and cuke, wowie cupcakes, the last scone, along with some rootbeer barrels for his partner, went home.  I'm still stuffed.  Glad I took the pains to make the eggplant even on this hot day, we both enjoyed it.  This is their week-end to go up on the Lake on their friend's boat.  I'm dripping in envy.

Pingo, I never even thought of Kane's when G.T. was here.  He came with his agenda fully planned.  The section I thought he was going to work on, never even got touched, his mind's plan was totally elsewhere.  I will have to tell him about the possibility of them closing - he might be interested in seeing what he could pick up - altho he was saying today he has no room for anything else.

Still haven't cleaned up the kitchen, so now that I've sat for a bit, will go rinse and stack the dishwasher - and have a glass of water.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, what a wonderful lunch you enjoyed with G.T. Sounds like he did some beautiful work in your garden. What did he plant?

I'll be headed home soon. Well I have to go to a wake for my former principal first.