August 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: August 2013

I've logged in 4 times since supper and it still won't let me post here.  Maybe this is the lucky time;

Cake has been frosted with thick chocolate frosting that's oozing down the sides.  It sits in the cake tin in the middle of the table - anyone wanting a slice and a cold glass of milk,  I'll be up til 10:00 - - -

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I don't know why, but I experienced that phenomenon, as well, Winter - hope you feel rested tomorrow.

tt, I saw you wanted to post here but can't - maybe if I post that will change something so you can?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, I see it worked!  And, save me a piece of cake!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I posted - or should I say tried - a post right after your "vacation lag" post, tt. I did submit it, but I got a strange solid color blue box. No white posting box. My post never showed up. Not that that was Earth scattering. Just irritating. Looks like you all had similar problems.
    I was excited this morning, because indeed it seemed like the pages loaded a lot faster than they did the last few weeks. Not with the speed of lightening, but faster.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I see I am too late for the cake!  that's good actually, because I had the last piece of blueberry cake already and was it good.  BTW I was at the grocery store on Sunday and I looked at the shelf of Duncan Hines cake mixes and said - they look smaller - and lo and behold, they used to contain 18 oz and they now contain 16.5.  So they've raised the price and lowered the content, and of course, one's recipes will not work right or yield as much.  Sigh.  

Still frantically busy around here so I can't post much,

Kar the maple peach preserves, though scant, sound as if they would be worth their weight in gold.  And the Sox won. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning.  Wow, I can actually post from work.  Strange - I haven't been able to in so long. 

It's nice to be back at work.  I really do love my job, and my boss is wonderful, so that always helps. 

Nothing else exciting going on.

Have fun with your Mom Kar - I LOVE green tomatos! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

Indeed, hats, the preserves (Maple-Vanilla-Peach Jam from Pomona's Pectin recipe book) are a BIG winner - not only worth its weight, but a gorgeous golden color.  The yield was exactly as expected, just not the number of jars.  Turns out this morning DH admitted he was thrilled he'd have to use up more of it at a time so all is well. I wish you guys could taste a spoonful!

Yep, so many older products have gone up in price and down in size (and/or quality).  Making your own frosting sounds more and more appealing.  Try Ina Garten's frosting for her chocolate cake in foodnetwork.com...excellent (as is the cake).

Princess, so pleased you are back at your beloved job and friends/coworkers/boss.  What a blessing to have a place to work that truly cares about each other.

Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes for our visit.  I'm so happy for an extended, relaxing time together.

Had a migraine yesterday afternoon so need to kick cleaning and preparing into high gear.  Have a great day, everyone!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I always make my own frosting; I will not eat canned frosting.

But cake mixes are convenient to have on hand and I have a couple of cook books and some yummy recipes that start with mixes and add ingredients - that's why the changes tick me off.

ETA: while I was typing your photo appeared.  Look great!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, that would be annoying to have to buy two packages for a recipe that used to call for one whole one...what to do with the remaining 3/4?  Yes, I had a Betty Crocker frosting and spoon phase in college - yuck, how did I do that?

Thanks!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Hope summer comes back, was a bit chilly this morning. Have a good time with your parents Kar.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,  So far, so good. 

Kargiver, the jam is beautiful.  Enjoy.

Something has me sneezing this morning since I opened this window.  Definitely feels like a September morning.  See the clothing of the lady walkers has changed a bit too, sweatshirts on this morning.  Not sure how I'll use the day.  Had invited Nanny up for a birthday luncheon of lemon soup, but her sister gave her a gift of an overnight stay at a place they used to go when they were younger. 

So as not to lose any of the day, even tho I slept in later, will get off the computer after a game of MahJong, and check in later.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, tt; I can imagine it would go so well with so many of your baked goods, especially the scones.

Nice gift for Nanny, but too bad she won't be around for your regular birthday lunch.  Tomorrow?

I still have Dramamine making me sleepy, not wanting to get up and race around.  Maybe the coffee will kick in as will the time crunch...hopefully soon!

How was your night post-decaf, tt?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I had a wonderful night's sleep, thanks, Kargiver.  Stayed up til 10:00 to watch Jeff Lewis' "Interior Therapy".  Had changed the bed too, so I'd have nice crisp sheets to aid in sleep, and don't think I moved much all night long.  Could have laid in bed all morning, but I've never been one to do that since I got out of my teens.  You can guess what my breakfast was - - -

Hope your headache is gone after a good hot strong cup of coffee.  I know what would do it, a thick slice of my choc frosted yellow cake!  I'm hopping in the shower now, but will leave the cake tin on the kitchen table, help yourself.  Coffee press is on the counter, rinsed it out for you!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's great, tt, you must feel so refreshed after 4 bad nights.  

Hope you could understand that - my mouth was full of yummy cake, thanks!!  You can have the leftover coffee I pressed.  I made decaf. :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    You are right, tt, it feels like September this morning. Had to get up and out early. DH had a flat late last night (tg for AAA) and he was driving on the balloon tire. So we had to get the car to the tire place, and I dropped him off at the office. Someone there will give him a ride later to pick it up.
    Came back home and watered and fertilized my out door plants. The rain we had lately was not enough. We need a good down pour. Cut flowers for my vases while out there.
    Your peach preserve looks beautiful, Kar. What a treasure to have for the winter. Hope your headache is on it way out by now. Enjoy your family company. Saw your post on Loseit!. Your mom must feel like a million in that pencil skirt.
    Glad you had a good night's sleep, tt. But after 3 awful nights, it had to happen. I always make my own frosting. I don't recall, I have ever bought the canned stuff. Usually a butter frosting. I do a cream cheese/butter frosting most of the time. I feel it stays better on the cake at room temperature.
    Must be nice for you, princess, to be back at work. To have nice working conditions and a nice staff is a plus. Glad you are enjoying your new job so much. And especially, that they understand you, when you need time off. Not many places would put up with frequent absence.
    Getting ready to go to the office. Was not there yesterday. I needed some time to wind down for myself. Was a very busy week. Company Sunday and a late night Monday at the office. It all added up. But I feel like I can take on the "world" this morning. Have a good day everyone.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I toyed with the idea of getting to the supermarket to get some fresh salad supplies, but so far haven't made it.  It's amazing when you stand in a room and look around, how many things you can see that need to be picked up and put away.  Also had a basket of dryer clothes (dish towels, that sort of thing) that needed to be folded and taken care of.  According to the air coming in this window, it's staying kind of cool, tho I see the walkers going by in shorts now.  Could run out now and be back and have a salad made in time for my "program" - -

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, especially when your folks are due in a few hours...EVERYTHING needs doing!

There is definitely a touch of Fall in the air - I put a shrug on to go out at 11:30 and didn't take it off.  Got lunch and intended to buy my strawberry ale but ended up with my first pumpkin ale of the season.  The final Fall touch of the day?  The leaves are starting to change.  Nooooooooooooo!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just letting you all know, I'm off for the rest of the day.  Have had to login 3 times.  That's enough.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Argh, how can they have so many issues for soooooo long?!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Because they started with bad software and layered more badness onto it?  Then decided to start again and try to duplicate the same functionality?  Instead of finding the best to begin with?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

sorry I missed you tt. I think I'm just about caught up here. Have a good evening with your parents. What's for dinner kar?

- Darth Vadar

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Glad you had a good sleep tt. I did too.

- Darth Vadar

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks!  Dinner will be tomato, vegetable, chicken soup...oh, that reminds me, I better put the chicken in the oven or it's just going to be tomato vegetable, lol.  And biscuits.  My folks eat sprouted spelt at home so no problem of making two batches.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, am I reading this right? Do you bake your chicken for chicken soup? That's a new twist, I haven't heard of before.
    Your soup sounds delicious. Do you have your own tomatoes?
    I am up to my ears with zucchini. And it is not my own. People bring them to me. Apparently it is a banner year for zucchini. I need to make  a few bread this weekend to freeze away. Anyone know, how long they will last in the freezer? I am thinking hostess gifts for the holidays.
    Waiting for DH to come back from Boston. We are doing another project tonight. Have a good evening everyone.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Sections
Shortcuts