August 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: August 2013

Oh I did figure it out, but his other grandmother tried to get him so sandals and he wanted NO part of it.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle! Yes Hats, those are the ones. Do they make them anymore? IMO they are a lot safer than the flip flops and the crocks the kids wear everywhere these days.

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

Oh Winter, your son is way too old for the kind of sandals we are talking about.  Seriously retro here...think Christopher Robin in the real books, not the Disney version. 

http://www.literatepackrat.com/blogs/scrapbook/archives/000475.html

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh I HATE crocs...

- Darth Vadar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well,Miss Hats, blueberry pie was not at all a TT breakfast this morning - I had healthy rice chex with blueberries from the freezer.  Followed, however, by the last poptart.

Delicious chicken salad lunch with a Asian sesame dressing.  Followed by a slice of apple pie with whipped cream.  And right now I'd love a cold beer, but I'm sleepy enough as it is.  Made decaf coffee this morning and there definitely is a difference in my "jet lag" afternoons when I make the regular.  Of course, the difference in the humidity makes a difference too.

As for shoes, I myself have mine off right now, walking around barefoot.

Oh, btw, car passed inspection and is all set for another year.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Crocs are comfy, but the dirt!  The holes are positioned such that dust/dirt from just walking around gets all over your feet.  I had a pair for around the house, but they are in the yard sale pile.

What a lunch, tt, yummy.  A beer would top that off nicely, and then a nap. ;)  Good the car passed - no wait?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, I think I knew from the time I got up this morning that I would be having a beer - put a couple of more bottles on ice almost as soon as I got up!

Nothing I have to do, but would like to go over the kitchen and hall floors.  Never got to do them the other day, and there is always that mounting pile of washes to do.  I am sleepy tho.  Wish I could lie down and really catnap, but all I do at best is nod away sitting upright on the couch.  To lie down is the kiss of death for any thoughts of dozing off.

However, the beer calls.  Wish there were something salty to go with, just have the redskin peanuts, and I've eaten all my system wants of them.

Are you taking a break in your canning, Kargiver?

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, your lunch sounds good. Glad your car passed inspection, mine is due in December, but I'd really like to trade in my car before than.

- Darth Vadar

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I would have liked to have gotten rid (too old to trade in) of mine a few years back, but it has such low mileage on it and I didn't want to take on the monthly payment.  When I was working would trade my Nissan in for a new one every 3 years.  Kept ahead of any maintenance, and I truly never broke down anywhere.  Rotting underneath, however, takes it's toll, and this little beauty is - let's see - 16 years old.  Luckily the style of the Sentras is timeless and by looking at it you'd never guess it's that old.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I know wine and cheese is tradtional, but I like beer and cheese, lol.  Hope you enjoyed a frosty one, tt.  

Yup, taking a break, but only because the 1/2 bushel of peaches aren't ready yet...tomorrow more vanilla maple peach jam is on the docket.  The tomatoes are not big producers this year; they are heirlooms and are evidence for why hybrids exist.  We'll be planting Jetstars next year like we have had coming out our ears in years past.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just watched a most bizarre Dr. Phil.  No idea if it was a rerun.  Strange, strange parents of a 15 year old daughter they say went to live with her grandmother, who records say isn't alive.  More to come on the case tomorrow, but I expect to have company.

Well yes, Kargiver, I did get out my block of sharp cheese and had a few slices, plus some more of those peanuts with my cold one.

Darn phone, just hurried out to another "blocked call" and they're smart enough to hang up before it goes on the message machine after 4th ring.  Even answering and telling them you're not interested doesn't stop them.  I still have a recorded "kevin" calling who seems to be an all purpose washman of floors, steam cleaning, siding cleaning,  heating vent cleaning - you name it, he cleans it.

Think neighbors are staying over at Foxwoods until tomorrow.  Their little Miss Fluffy who usually won't give me the time of day, was out there this morning, crying for food.  Harry came by too, but around 9:30 as I was going out.  Left food out there for M.F. until I went to bed lst night, but she never came around to eat it.  I'm sure they miss the routine C.L. has for them.

I'm freezing the rest of the cranraisin loaf and also divying up the spaghetti sauce in containers to freeze.  No idea what's for supper tonight.  It certainly will be a later one than usual.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That WAS a very strange story on Dr. Phil.

I thought I was the only one who'd slice up some cheese to go with a nice, cold beer.  Kindred spirits think alike. :)

my mom got crank called at 3am here, also a "blocked call!"  What is the matter with people?!

roasting some chicken thighs for dinner right now to go with celery/cucumber soup I made yesterday.  Didn't intend to put cukes in it, but I had added too much spice and needed to tone it down somehow.  The puréed cucumber covered my mistake quite nicely and it's pretty hidden taste wise...don't think anyone would guess my secret ingredient.

Good thing the neighborhood kitties have guardian angels.

Speaking of feeding pets, my mind was highly scattered today and I THINK I was scammed into feeding Gracie two dinners.  Not sure, but if so she really made out like the queen she believes she is.

dh is out changing my oil...what a guy. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The only way I keep track for sure if I've given Cheerio her kibble at night, is that I use a 1/4 scoop and when I've fed her, I turn the scoop over.  More than once she's convinced me she's starving and hasn't had a thing since her f.f. in the a.m.

I ended up with one more slice of the cranraisin loaf (before going into freezer) with cream cheese, and a cold, cold glass of milk.  That will hold me for the night after my afternoon splurge!  haha

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Our pets are wily ones!

ah, tt, that sounds SO delish.  I love cream cheese on quick breads of all kinds.

I had 3 (yes, three) chicken thighs and a baked potato.  DH came home not terribly hungry so he's in the garden, now.  I suspect he'll smell the chx when he comes in and suddenly change his mind.  Smells pretty good!

oh, speaking of smelling good food, he's going to smell the food when he comes up the driveway - Percy's called to say the hood is in.  DH will install it when the garden slows down...next month probably.  We're getting along ok without it in the meantime.

ETA:  I posted this in LoseIt by accident.  Deleted there.

The Snuggie is finally a hit - maybe she was too young for it when I gave it to her.

I tried to post a photo, but the box is all messed up - it is unusable.  Maybe it will work, again, soon.  It really fits and looks great, thankfully.  And, there is definitely still room for her to grow with it.  And, true to Snuggie's mission, she's holding a book with it on and her arms in the sleeves.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just cut up a cantelope - just ripe enough.  Cut half of it into chunks in a container and the other half is seeded ready to be cut into slices for breakfasts.

No cats tonight.  I'm sure they are waiting down the road for their nightly handout.  She even warms milk for Miss Fluffy.

Jeff Lewis's Interior Therapy is on tonight, so waiting for that to come on.  Didn't get much accomplished today once I got home.  Back to regular coffee tomorrow morning.  Does give me a boost that lasts through the afternoon.

Hope it's not muggy tonight.  Hate sleeping with the A/C on.

ETA:  Was funny, I had changed the bed but forgot to get a clean pair of pillow cases.  Went to the chest where I keep them, and was about to close the sheet drawer when something moved!  Scared the begeezus out of me - Cheerio, nestled in their comfortably where I had taken the set of sheets out!  Couldn't pull out the drawer above for pillow cases or her ears might be caught!  She's gone right back to sleep.  Who knows if I'll get those clean cases tonight or not!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning all.  Sounds like you've all been keeping busy as usual!

TT & Kar - I'm with you on the beer & cheese, yum.  Well, maybe not this early, lol

I still can't post from work.  I can read your posts (luckily) though.  I am off today as we are going to Mass Gen to get a consultation on DH's hand . . hopefully it's good news.

It's nice to have a day off in the middle of the week though. 

Still working through my issues, one day at a time.

Hope you all have a great day!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning, 

Good to see a post from you, Princess.  I hope your DH gets good news on the healing and complete use of his hand.  Nerves sometimes take a long time to heal.

Watching goldfinches outside my kitchen window, eating the seeds from the center of the sunflowers.  There are loads of seeds in the feeder and on the ground, but I only see them climb among the actual sunflowers to eat.  Maybe the seeds are smaller and softer?

Calling my gutter guy and see if he can check the gutters.  He didn't clean them last fall because I was assured the roofers would clean them out when they were finished.  In actuality all they cleaned out were any nails or roofing material that had fallen in there.  I think they're full of sludge.  Globs of mud on my bulkhead this morning, birds probably pecking around in them for water or mud.

Comfortable night for sleeping, no A/C needed, just the open window that had cool air coming in all night.  With 90 forecast for today's temp, not attempting to bake.  If C.L. comes up, I do have half an apple pie I can put out, also sliced melon, which I'd normally pair with sliced cheese, but I think cheese is probably on her list (lemon - nuts) of migraine triggers.  Waiting to hear how they made out at Foxwoods.  They go free quite often so I'm sure they must win big at least once in a while.  She helps her family out, so I'm hoping this was a profitable couple of days.

Speaking of which, no cats when I got up at 7:00 this morning.  They're probably both rubbing against C.L.'s legs telling her of the terrible conditions they had to put up with down here while they were away!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning! Can't beat this August's weather, huh?!  Seems like it's usually either insanely hot and humid or cold.  And, since I have to walk Gracie every time she goes out I'm appreciating it even more.

tt, that is hysterical about Cheerio and the sheets!  Gracie will sometimes pull Daddy's fleece throw off his recliner to sleep on, lol.

Prin, glad you are able to work.  Any evidence the new therapy is helping yet?  Best wishes for DH's appointment.  Can't do better than Mass General imo.

Another half bushel of peaches is ripe and calling my name.  I'm enjoying making jam very much. Last year I forced myself to deal with those tomatoes...that wasn't fun at ALL, although, it sure was nice to use it later.  

Pickling cukes are ready to live up to their namesake, as well.  Not sure I can do two different items in one day, though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Save the cukes for tomorrow, imo, Kargiver.  They'll keep and today is supposed to be in the 90's.  Forget if you have central air, but even if so, don't push yourself to the point where you'e too fatigued to enjoy the pickling process.  How I'd love a jar of them.  I keep saying I should take a course and reacquaint myself after more years than I want to mention, of making pickles.  If you were only closer - - - -  I need hands on guidance - such a scaredy cat.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tt, we were posting at the same time.  :)

The finches are eating the seeds from our flowers, too - cone flowers and black eyed susans.  Maybe the sunflowers, too, but they are in the garden out back this year so I can't see.

Cheese as a migraine trigger?  The travesty!  I'd be sad to miss out on cheese.  And, chocolate, too, a trigger for a good friend and fellow migraine sufferer.  

Oh, yes, I'm sure the "abuse" they suffered is being meowed next door - Graice tells Daddy she's starving when he gets home every day...scammer!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Yes, thouse pets are sneaking creatures when they try to get more food. A friend checked in on Yoda while we were away and I'm sure the cat meowed or something to get extra treats!

We have a cantaloupe, think I'll cut that up tonight with dinner. I'd like some peach jam please. I can trade you with some brownies that I made?

Princess, hope your DH hears good things at his appointment. Hope you are feeling better as well.

- Darth Vadar

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, I'd be happy to trade; in fact, the peach jam would be awesome on brownies, especially the ginger version.  Ginger and chocolate...yum!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Souinds good, though I'd like the peach vanilla. :) I can bring you some Pumpkin Ale.

- Darth Vadar

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oooooh, man, I wish we could have a beer, brownie, and jam party!!  The vanilla maple would be good with the chocolate, too.  :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just had word from G.T. that our elderly friend suffering with Parkinson's, is near the end.  Please offer a pray for an easy passing.  He's such a fine gentleman, as is his partner.  Thank you.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

So sorry to hear that, tt - will do. 

Sections
Shortcuts