August 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: August 2013

Oh TT I know you will miss seeing him at Easter was it; weren't they so appreciative of your baking - or was it your THXgiving soup?

And PC, I hope the news on your DH's hand is positive.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I will keep all of you in my prayers.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

There's a vulnerable young woman in Love Letters today who could use some down-to-earth advice from some of the down-to-earth, practical CCers today. Srsly. The LW is possbily about to get herseld into some big trouble.

Out beyond the ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there. -- Rumi

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Rdg, I don't know where LL is...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

Rdg, I don't know where LL is...

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/relationships/blog/2013/08/hes_moving_here_to_be_with_me.html?comments=all&page=8&sort=OLDEST_CREATE_DT#go-to-comment-19960942

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

Oh TT I know you will miss seeing him at Easter was it; weren't they so appreciative of your baking - or was it your THXgiving soup?

And PC, I hope the news on your DH's hand is positive.

Yes, at most every function/dinner G.T. had, these friends of theirs were there.  He loved my half moons, and I would make a batch every time I knew I was going to see him, just to be able to give them a box with 4 or 6.  They had a wonderful life together and I'm hoping when it's time for the remembrance service it will be filled with joy and laughter at remembering all the happy times.  If it seems appropriate, there will be a tray of half moons taking center stage.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, definitely, half moons will be greatly appreciated and so appropriate at the get together celebrating his life.  How sad for such a happy life to end without his own rememberance of it...what a horrible disease.  Thinking of everyone impacted directly by his imminent passing.  Hugs and prayers

Thanks, rdg.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I think the half moons would be a welcomed and comforting gesture for all. You are all in my thoughts.

- Darth Vadar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good afternoon,
    Sorry to hear about GT's friend. Sending my thoughts and prayers along, hoping he and his friend will have him pass peacefully. I am sure the half moons will be appreciated. Nice thought, tt.
    Good to hear from you, princess. How are the new meds working for you? Hope they make you feel better. Best wished for yours and DH visit to Mass General. Hope you will get good news, and that DH will have no permanent nerve damage in his hand. 
    Very lazy morning - except for a my daily stint on the elliptical. Picked up DS late last night. He devoured my lasagna and salad. He was hungry. Then we sat around chatting until 1 am. Hard to get up this morning. DH had already brewed coffee, before he left. That was needed. Spend the morning on the deck w/ DS, but it is now too hot and getting humid. Threw a couple of loads of his laundry in - now waiting to put the last one in the dryer.
    DS want to do some shopping, so we will probably hike out to one of the malls this afternoon. He also wants to stock up at TJ's for stuff to take to UK, but that can wait until later.
    I sowed two large deck pots w/ wildflower seeds. The birds love them. Funny to see them sitting on the tippy-top swaying back and forth picking the seeds. They prefer them for the feeder. Last year we had sunflowers coming up as well, but there are none this year. Will have to throw some sunflower seeds in next year.
    Have to make lunch. Have a god day all.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo glad your son has arrived, nice that you'll be doing some shopping together. When does he go back to the UK?

We saw Cats last night at the North Shore Music Theater, it was ok. Cats isn't our favorite, not enough singing and too much dancing for us I think. Is anyone reading Dan Brown's new book, Inferno? I'm about half way through, it's good.

- Darth Vadar

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, did you know that Whole Foods at the new Lynnfield marketplace opened this morning?  C.L. and husband were going out.  She's coming up later this afternoon, so I'm anxious to hear what she thought about it, and also the prices.  Might be a place you and DS would like to take in while he's here.

I went out to CTS, first time in months.  What a field day I had!  Wanted to get some of those gel window stickums to bring out Sunday for the GGkids, and came out with 5 bags full of stuff, including a new lampshade for the lamp in this room.  So hard to find one with the recessed bulb fitting.  Picked up some pencils for the kids for school, and have to send SS an email about the UTZ ind. pkgs. of chips (she gives them out at Halloween).  Price on bag is $4.99, but CTS is selling them (12 ind. pkgs in a bag) for $2.99.  Sounded like a good price to me - of course,mine I picked up for me, to keep me from dipping my fingers in too often for too many!  Bags of little treasures, I got, including Pam "baking" spray.  Picked up the Pam " butter" spray at S&S and the smell sickens me.  Like this "baking" one to spray cake pans.

Have left the bags I brought home on chairs and kitchen table, (is killing me!) because C.L. has made a few comments about me being a "neatnik" and saying their house is not nearly as "neat".  This will show her I'm not always so "neat" - but in truth, I am!  It's my nature.  I don't care what their house looks like, how tidy or untidy, but want her to feel comfortable about it all before I go there.

Well, do want to give the bathroom a quick once over, basin, etc., so will get off computer after one last email to G.T.  Kargiver, if you happen to watch Dr. Phil this afternoon to see the ending to that bizarre family/missing dau episode, please take a few notes for me.  Thanks.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sounds like you scored a great haul tt. I haven't been to CTS in a while, I'm due. Maybe this since I have to get school supplies as well.

- Darth Vadar

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

Sounds like you scored a great haul tt. I haven't been to CTS in a while, I'm due. Maybe this since I have to get school supplies as well.

- Darth Vadar

I was surprised, saw very few school supplies.  I had to really hunt in bins for the pencils I got.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT, going up RTE 1 this morning I saw the clearance sign at CTS and itched to get in there and get shopping; perhaps knowing that you got some bargains will help me resist.  I don't have the time, the needs or the $$ right now, but will be looking to go at the end of Sept for my Halloween/Thanksgiving needs.  A friend and I make a day of it and have lunch too. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

So it was BLT  for lunch. First time I used Costco's apple smoked bacon - it was delicious an not much grease.
    Yes, tt, I am aware Whole Foods opened this morning. Will definitely stop by, but I suppose it is an ants nest today. DS is not leaving until the 4th - so we have time. From what I have learned from other Whole Foods, the prices are not such, that I will shop there much. For special items yes, but in general no.
    TXDS and DIL will be coming on the 31st and they will all leave on the 4th. Looking forward to have them all around me.
    DS wants to get out of here, so I better get going. I m still dragging it though. Too much entertainment this weekend - plus late last night - will take me some time to recover. I feel best, when I have my regular schedule. Any variations from that is difficult for me to deal with. Guess I have become and old party p00per.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I was thinking I'd hit CTS after getting the school supplies, though I have boxes of tissues to bring in, I can get those there.

- Darth Vadar

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh, I forgot. One of my employees gave me some fresh caught striped bass yesterday. Will have that tonight. It smells of the ocean. The last time I floured it and pan sheared it on a very hot pan. Took only a couple of minutes. What a delicacy. Will serve it w/ coleslaw and whatever veggie DS wants.
    What is everyone else having for dinner tonight?
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Well if no one has read Inferno, I reccomend it. I'm not siure what's for dinner, I took hamburger, so I'm thinking I'll throw a meatloaf together.

- Darth Vadar

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be headed out in a few. Have a good night everyone, it's very quiet on here today.

- Darth Vadar

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good night, Winter

I've been making peach jam. :)

tt, Dr. Phil was lack luster.  Turns out "Nana" has been dead 5 years so obviously the girl can't be with her.  They maintain she is.  Only one, the man, took a polygraph.  He failed "definitively" indicating that he DID conspire to cause the girl's disappearance.  The woman claimed she was in pain, which would render the test inconclusive, so the test could not be administered and she did not do anything to remedy that.  And, a woman who paid the mother to be a surrogate accused her of being deceptive regarding a mc and a plot to sell her baby.  Missed most of that side story because I was in the kitchen jamming the whole show.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

TT, going up RTE 1 this morning I saw the clearance sign at CTS and itched to get in there and get shopping; perhaps knowing that you got some bargains will help me resist.  I don't have the time, the needs or the $$ right now, but will be looking to go at the end of Sept for my Halloween/Thanksgiving needs.  A friend and I make a day of it and have lunch too. 

Surprise !  All the stuff is out now!  All fall and halloween decorations for around the house, platters etc.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I've lost another post - thanks, Kargiver.  Was Dr. Phil going to do anything more about following through on what happened to the little girl?  Seems as tho the authorities would be opening up an investigation, just on the results of Dr. Phil's show's findings.

Did you decide to wait another day for the pickles?

C.L. said the prices of produce and the fish were very high at Whole Foods.  She did bring me up a cuke from her own garden tho, and some banana bread she had baked.  Laughed when I told her I had left the bags out just so she'd see I was not always a neatnik!  Next time I'll go down there.

Don't know what's for supper here.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I find Whole Foods aka Whole Paycheck to be very expensive myself. Meatloaf is in the oven.

- Darth Vadar

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Whole Paycheck...apt nickname.

Yes, tt, the authorities are following up, but not sure what else, if anything, Dr. Phil is planning or can do.  He did ask the parents' lawyer what he thought of the definitive polygraph test on the father, and he said that Mr. D'Marko (sp?) was clearly an expert tester, but that polygraphs aren't admissible in state court.  He totally dodged the obvious answer.

ETA:  I'd probably know more had I not been trying to take notes while canning!  I'm not a very good multi-tasker, lol.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

As long as you didn't skip a step in canning !

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

Sections
Shortcuts