August 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: August 2013

I love school supplies.  Waiting for DD to get up so I can sharpen all the pencils I used this weekend.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I meant to tell you Friday. We have a Simmons regular mattress set from Jordan's. We did not have any problems with it.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm not really a fan of having to buy paper towels, kleenix or clorix wipes. I thought it was just Catholic School, but I guess the same goes for public. I remember not having to buy half the stuff on his list, the school supplied it. Oh well, his stuff is done.

- Darth Vadar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, is it the one with memory foam and gel?  I read that those are the problem ones.  Anyway, last night was very comfortable, I had moved to the other side because Cheerio had beat me to it as I turned down the comforter, and she grabbed the top of the side I usually sleep on!  No back problems this morning, just a stiff neck, and I know that's because I have to get the slope at the top adjusted.  Last night rolled up an extra blanket and lay it across the top under the pillows to give a little more slope to the whole top of the mattress.  I'm hoping for the best.  Now the problem is to get rid of the musty smell from the foam.  Read that that may take 2 weeks.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

It is not the one with the memory foam. DH did not want a memory foam, so we got something else, but it's so comfortable.

- Darth Vadar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Sounds like everyone's weekend was fabulous. Sorry, you are not feeling well, Winter. Hope it didn't spoil your weekend.
    Hope you had a good time at the birthday party, tt - even thought the rest of the party goers were bleary eyed. Good you got a nice talk with the "dud" - I hope you praised TJ's customer service.
    Hats, you are flattering me. Thanks! When I do a "spread" I usually go for balance and colors. That usually works for me. Talking about Costco and spread. I found a Palmetto Cheese Spread at Costco, I mix half and half with salsa and serve on crackers. Delicious and so easy. Everyone loves it.
    SAW your cook out sounds delicious. I have never grilled in parchment paper either. Would be afraid of it burning. I usually do foil packages.
    Sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you, Kar, with all the harvest getting ready at the same time. Hope your new stove makes it easier for you. Nice interaction w/ another customer. Good you could help her. It has happened a few time to me, where another customer has asked me, how I cook this or that, careful y writing down recipes and instructions. I never gave out my phone number though.
    We did not get to go to RI yesterday. Our friend was not feeling so great. We did speak w/ him. He sounded a bit off. On lots of pain killers, I expect.
    Instead, we took DH to the new WH. Again the males had a ball, picking up beer and wine. We picked up a bottle of Cabernet, they were promoting and selling for $2.99 a bottle, just to try. We had it with our dinner last night, and it was very good. Not a full bodied wine, but for an everyday meal - not bad at all. DH is going back to pick up a case. Could be a one time deal.
    I had a run in with another customer. I was trying to move by a cart sitting half full in between the cheese counter and one of their wine towers. People were at the cheese counter trying cheeses, and I didn't want to hit the bottles that were stacked up. So I had hardly any room to pass. There was a customer behind me waiting as well. I turned to her and said, " I wish, people would just not leave their carts where ever they please, while they run around picking up the rest of their grocery." She frowned at me and said, "I do that. That's my cart." Oops! I find it is worse at MB. Lonely carts all over the place. S&S rarely. 
    Must go to Costco today. Have to pick up meds and a new cartridge for my printer. DS wants to go for a run and needs to do some work, so I will end up at the office later this afternoon.
    Have a good day everyone.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

I should have clarified the type of camo. It is hunters camo not military camo and if DS had his way and I had had more time, the frosting would have been Duck Dynasty and not chocolate!

This was the first time I put the sage leaves between the slices, usually I simply cut the potato in half and throw the leaves in the middle before wrapping them in foil. You can also do them in the oven without foil and small slices, their called hasselback (sp) potatoes and I found a recipe on Pintrest.

Thanks for the Edaville link, we may try to get there at Christmas time this year. In the past DH worked nights and we don't to weekends, way too many people. October is busy for us since we are usually picking cranberries so we don't have the time to go to a cranberry festival. DS and I have been to Makepeace's Harvest festival in the past, when he was too little to help with Grampa's harvest. But this year I will be ordering kids sized waders so he can really help.

I am having a really hard time today staying disciplined and working, so much to do before Wednesday! Okay I am not going to read any more until the kids bedtime, you are all addictive!

Have a great day!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sun is out, temp is rising, and no rainfall here.  Too bad, the lawn could have used some.

Heating some of the eggplant parm and will slice a dish of cukes with salt to go with, for lunch.

Got a little cleaning done this morning, and will tackle some of the washes this afternoon.  Good not to have to run out anywhere, seems as tho the past few days that's all I've done is run here and there.  Like my home time.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

When DS was little he was a BIG Thomas fan. I took him to Edeville when he was there, he LOVED it...

- Darth Vadar

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hi Everyone.  SAW - I'll have to print out that cake trick for my Dad's bday.  He's a big hunter.  Think I'll do that with bright orange frosting. 

Too bad your party was underwhelming, TT, but at least you had a breakthrough with the dud!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No, not with the "dud", with the "odd duck" !  haha  We have another family gathering coming up the middle of Sept., we'll see what happens then.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, how is pumpkin's family doing?

- Darth Vadar

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

They are well.  I used to see him more before the new baby came along.  But his mom and I email back and forth and she sends pics.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

As you know, tt, two is "double trouble". Especially since Pumpkin is almost a baby himself. I am sure you get to see them more, when mom goes back to work and your son and DIL will baby sit for them again. How is the little guy doing?

So glad I am over "buying stuff for school". Winter, are they really asking the kids to bring in paper towels, Kleenex and and Clorox wipes? Where are they going to store all  that stuff?

It warmed up quite a bit since this morning. Now ready to go home, but have to go to the banks first. Hope I will get some time to sit outside w/ DS. He is at home working. What is everyone having for dinner tonight? I am out of ideas right now.  Will stop by the market on my way home to see what I can find. DH and I can always have a large salad w/ the kitchen sink, but that will not be enough for DS.

Have a good evening everyone.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My supper wouldn't satisfy him - or you - either.  So much eggplant parm (sat night and for lunch today) and lasagna yesterday that tonight I just had rice squares cereal with some of this summer's strawberries I had frozen, thawed, with sugar and milk.  It tasted darn good.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Gosh, I get behind here so quickly...I hope you'll all forgive me and my canning task.  :(

Thank you - I did read a little about the lady I helped - it really does make my day so it isn't all so altruistic, lol.  I hope she calls if she needs help.  Canning, at least getting started, I found to be VERY intimidating.  Botulism is odorless and tasteless.

peach jam is processing right now.  I just realized that I only doubled instead of tripled the amount of maple syrup the recipe calls for last time for my triple recipe.  I have to read up on how important the sugar is to safety.  I think it's ok; it's the lemon juice that guards against botulism and processing time that kills bacteria so if I'd made a mistake with the lemon I know that would be a disaster.  Sugar, on the other hand, I think is mostly a matter of taste...I'll check my Put 'Em Up book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You won't believe what I just pulled out of the cedar chest - my knitted purple square afghan.  Sat on the l.r. couch with it over me, felt so good.  Smells deliciously of the cedar too.  Time to get to work once more on the afghan whose colors will go with the furniture in the l.r., if I ever get it anywhere near done.  By that time I'll be buying a new set.  It's been about 5 years now that I've been knitting a square here and there on it.

Found out Harry's owners had gone to the Cape for the week-end, leaving him outside - said he got out and they couldn't get him in again.  Owner went to C.L.'s house to see if she/we had seen him, she had just gotten home tonnight at 5:00.  No wonder he tried to come in this morning, poor baby. 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Poor Harry!!  He is truly blessed to have you and Cat Lady as guardian angels.  Our neighbors give the same excuse about Gracie's buddy, they "can't" get him to come inside.  Um, have they tried liver?!

Very cool re your afghan, tt - lovely cedar scent, I can almost smell it.  I recently came across my rooster that lacks a mate...I need to get going on the other curtain panel.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

Poor Harry!!  He is truly blessed to have you and Cat Lady as guardian angels.  Our neighbors give the same excuse about Gracie's buddy, they "can't" get him to come inside.  Um, have they tried liver?!

Very cool re your afghan, tt - lovely cedar scent, I can almost smell it.  I recently came across my rooster that lacks a mate...I need to get going on the other curtain panel.

We do all that kind of handiwork when the cooler weather gets here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, it is far more enjoyable then.  I was hoping to have kitchen curtains before now, though, lol.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT there's a book recommendation for you over in books.  I think Icer and SS would like it too....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, Hats.  I'll give her a look/see to see what my local library has of hers.  Not going through a reading phase right now, but maybe she'll put me back in one!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. Yes Pingo, DS has to bring in one roll of paper towels and two boxes of tissues. Last year he had to bring in one container of Clorix wipes and from K-4th grade had to bring int he above mentioned stuff and Santizer. I'm not sure if all public schools ask for stuff too, but I know some towns do. DS uses alot of tissues in the winter so I always send in three boxes. He has about 15/16 kids in his class.

tt, poor Harry, no wonder you have seen him so early out there. Maybe his ownner shouldn't let him out at all!

- Darth Vadar

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Winter, I never had to send those items. But I always made sure the boys had tissues in their pockets and school bags. Whoever supplied the rest, must have been the teachers. One box of Kleenex or Clorox wipes doesn't last an entire school year. What then? Do you have to send the same stuff after the Christmas vacation?
    How did you sleep last night, tt? Feeling better about your new mattress? Poor Harry, good he has friends, that take care of him. Can't believe his owners would leave w/o knowing he was safe inside. Maybe he is indeed an outdoor cat and knows how to fend for himself. One of my sister's kitties never wanted to come inside.
    Hats, I have been looking for your book thread. I thought I saw a glimpse of it on the Chat, but can't find it now. Where is it?
    For those of you that may be interested, I saw a large banner on CTC that said: CLEARINGS EVENT, when we drove by yesterday. I know some of you like to shop there. I go there occasionally. They have good stuff, but I hate their parking lot. There is a lot of crime and theft going on there. Unless I can get a spot in the front of the store, I won't stop. I would never park out back. Never mind the extended lot.
    Don't know, what DS and I will end up doing today. I need a few staples from TJ's, so we might stop by there, so he can stock up for his trip back to UK.
    Hope you all will have a good day.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/lifestyle/confidential-chat/cc-book-club/60/2120

Pingo:  The link above is to the book club.

Sections
Shortcuts