August 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: August 2013

Well if it's one roll of paper towels per kid and they are 15/16 or someimes 20 kids that's 20 rolls of paper towels. My DS also has a small packet of tissues in his desk, but he gets a runny nose alot int he allergery seasons. I think most private schools now have to send it in, but I know that some public schools do. He also has to bring in 24 pencils, seems like a lot of pencils just for him, but he is ready. Also, two packages of college ruled paper, one to turn in to be used later in the year.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Must be all the budget cuts.  Of course the schools get hit, and then push it onto the parents to send in supplies.  I can remeber when we were little they handed out pencils, pens and crayons TO us on the first day.  Walked in with just a lunch box.  Now I sound old.  LOL!

Pingo, a dinner idea for you:  Chicken alfredo pizza.  One of my new "go to" recipes.  Store made pizza dough, rolled out, cover with a thin layer of jarred alfredo sauce, chopped steamed broccoli, and chopped chicken (perdue shortcuts or the costco/MB rotisserrie do fine).  Drizzle a little more alfredo, spinkle with mozzerella, and into the oven for 20 minutes at 375.  Presto!  Make a salad to go with while it cooks and call it a meal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh man that pizza sounds good, but DH would never eat it! I remember that too Northern, that the school handed out that stuff. But it makes sense since he goes to Catholic school, but the fact that cities/towns are doing it is suprising. This is the first year we haven't had crayons, markers, or colored pencils on the list.

- Darth Vadar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

November, that sounds really, really good. Of course, I just threw out leftover Costco chicken this morning cleaning the ref.  I thought I would never use it, b/c there wasn't enough for 3 people. Oh well, I know where I can get more. Or even poach a chicken breast. Was thinking of making pizza for TXS and DIL, when they get in here late Saturday night. Now I know, what I will make. I know they will love it. DIL always prefer the white sauce. I will probably sprinkle in some chopped Jalopeno pepper. Yum!
    Has anyone been outside? It is MUGGY big time.
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just got back in and ready to make up something for lunch.  Think I'll take those 3 cooked scallops out of the freezer for supper tonight.

Came home to some more pics of the baby, and pumpkin.  Little cutie pies.

Seems as tho my craving for peach pie has spread, a friend told me she's been dying for one, couldn't find one last week, but is going out looking again this.  The one I got at S&S a few weeks ago was very good, but they don't always have them.

Had a call from youngest son before I went out this morning, catching me up on what's going on with the kids.  OLA starts up classes tomorrow, and GS hasn't done all the reading he was supposed to do, he's minus one book still, and his journal that he was supposed to keep during the summer, stops on page dated June 29th!  His younger sister is taking a few golf lessons and I asked if he were - no,will be 13 this Fall and his father says his interest lies strictly with basketball and now GIRLS.  He was going to the mall with a couple of THEM this afternoon.  I asked him what I always ask him, "Have you had 'the talk' with him yet?"  "I've got to go, Ma," was his answer.  Told him pretty soon either his other grandmother or I will if he doesn't hurry up and cover that topic!

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

If I made that, Novem, my husband would probably kiss my feet, Chicken/Broc/Alfredo Pasta is his favorite restaurant meal.  I will make it next week when we are alone....when I pick my Cosco chicken tomorrow I will put chicken in the freezer just for that.  Of course, I am on a diet where I shouldn't eat any cruciferous veg, but I'll just leave the broc off for me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hats, I must be dense. Copying your book link, I get it - but it does not show up on my Chat, nor the book thread up above. ????
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I think your GS and my DS are a lot alike. DS was finished with his final book, but when I started asking questions about it, he couldn't answer. He admitted that he may have forgotten to read some of the "middle". Well he finished the "middle" Sunday and he will write his notes and answer the questions. Oh the "talk" I keep telling his dad he better finish the talk (He's had smaller versions) soon or I'm going to have DH do it. Man I want that pizza, but DH doesn't touch brocolli.

- Darth Vadar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, gosh, I'm glad I don't have to give anyone the "talk"!

Nov, that pizza sounds great.  I just discovered pesto Gouda cheese at TJ's and had some mixed into a mac and cheese.  I can imagine how awesome it would be with that pizza recipe!

More canning - pickles today...sigh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, you are lucky in that regard. I would give it to him in a hearbeat, but I think it's best if it comes from his dad or DH. He has asked me some questions, and I answered him, but I'm sure the look on my face was priceless!

- Darth Vadar

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, what they don't realize is that girls mature a lot faster and their hormones kick in faster than boys too.  He still thinks of his son as a "young kid", but I can guarantee the girls in his group don't. 

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Variation for the non-brocs in the group = spinich.  It is also a great pizza to grill.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, def, I agree, dads should talk to their sons, moms should talk to their daughters.

Nov, did you see my post about the pesto Gouda?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Pingo, try this.  (You might want to write this down or cut and paste it into an editor so you don't have to remember all the steps.  I seem to remember you are a MAC person and have lots of blockers and protection set up, so that could be your problem.)

Go to the top of this page, where it says

Forums>>Lifestyle>>Confidential Chat>>General>>August 2013

Click on the 'confidential chat' portion.  Then it should take you to the top level of CC.  Scroll all the way down to Book Club.  Click on that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Saw it Kar.  I don't think I've ever tried Gouda, so maybe someday when I am feeling brave. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Very mild, melty, creamy.  It wouldn't take much bravery, lol.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks Hats, I found it. I may not have much to contribute, but I will take notes from you ladies.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

November, like Kar said, it doesn't take much bravery to try Gouda. It is a Dutch melt in your mouth cheese. Just like cheese should be. Unfortunately not many European cheeses are allowed to be imported here due to the bacterium Listeria. Your spinach version sounds great too. I generally make my own pizza dough in the bread-maker and add flax meal to the flour. Enhances the taste.
    Baked breaded pork chops with a melange of roasted cauliflower, zucchini and red pepper for dinner tonight.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Pingo, we had pork chops in a hot pepper jelly sauce!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hats, I have Hot Pepper Jelly in the pantry. Was a gift from a friend, and I really didn't know, what to use it for. Why didn't you tell me earlier? Sounds yummy.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I like hot pepper jelly on crackers and cheese of all kinds...one of my favorites.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Pingo, hot pepper jelly poured over a block of cream cheese, or served with cheddar or gouda or what have you, plus crackers, is an easy and delicious appetizer/snack for unexpected company. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hats, that's exactly how I tried it first - it was at a tasting station at Whole Foods right before Christmas and selling like wildfire.  People, including myself, were commenting on how difficult it was to maintain decorum and not just stand there and go hog wild with the samples!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

MB sells the Trappist brand for $3/12 oz. jar: cheap and good and locally made (Spencer, MA.)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Novem, DH doesn't eat spinach either :( That Gouda sounds good.

- Darth Vadar

Sections
Shortcuts