August 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: August 2013

Oh, no, tt; I'd have tried the Mexican mix, too...no good, huh?  That stinks.  My soup wasn't that stellar, either, but it fit the bill.  I really only enjoy cooking when DH is eating, too.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Nice cool morning - not Fall like, but close. Already noticed some yellow leaves. I guess the summer is on it's way out.
    Woke up to find a mosquito had feasted on me during the night. Must have sneaked in through the window screen. Now, where is that banana peel? Just put a bunch in the freezer last night.
    tt, we had lasagna last night too. Leftover frozen away. I always mix in Mexican cheese in my mozzarella layers in my lasagnas. Not on the top, but in between.  It does give a nice taste. Maybe you didn't use enough.
    Kar, how is Gracie doing this morning? Is the red patch gone? Two weeks is up, now you can take her for a walk - or will you have to take her to the Vet first to get their approval?
    My SIL, who had a stroke, is at home now, but very week. Her lung capacity is way down. I guess it is just a matter of time now, and that the  importance is to keep her as comfortable as possible. Knowing her, she is ready.
    It's Sunday, what is everyone up to? We are going out for breakfast :), then spend a couple of hours at the office. Later this afternoon, we are having a couple over for a drink. Then we are taking them to our Sunday pizza place. They have never been there.
    Enjoy your Sunday.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

Gracie's red patch is better, not gone, but not nearly as noticable, thanks.  She gets her staples out on the 8th.  We'll talk to the surgeon about what's next for activities then; I know she can't add just yet, though.  It's getting harder to keep her quiet because she's feeling so much better...which is good, of course.

Sorry you SIL isn't doing better, Pingo, but at least she is home where she is more comfortable. Any damage from the stroke?  I hope she can communicate and move both sides at least.

Have fun at breakfast out!

Getting ready for aunt and uncle's visit...so much to do!  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

...and less time to do it - they just called to see if tonight works!  No problem - they are "easy" :)  YAY!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Where is everyone? Especially tt - missed you yesterday. Hope you didn't get yourself into some other trouble and are ok.
    Had a lovely evening last nigh with newly introduced friends. One of DH's tennis pals and his wife. But oh my, could she ever talk - non stop. My head was buzzing. But very nice people indeed. He makes his own wine and brought a nice bottle.
    Did aunt and uncle arrive yesterday, Kar? How do you manage to have staying guests and still keep your cleansing diet?
    One of our employees dropped off a beautiful Striped Bass, he had caught (all cleaned and ready to go). Never cooked Striped Bass. How do I treat it?
    Getting ready and will spend the day at my office. So much to do - it's never ending.
    Have a good day/week everyone.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, glad to see your post at "issues". Was worried about you, since there was not post from you here yesterday.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

No, no more trouble for me - as of yet!  Posting is in another downward spiral again here, and it's so much more interesting with everyone's posts about what's going on in their lives. 

My only interesting contributions yesterday would have been a drop in visit to one of my son's, and last night, me hauling my next door neighbor's table umbrella back up into their yard after it started blowing down the driveway.  I didn't think anyone was home, no car, curtains all drawn, and altho I plainly heard the loud crash, there were no signs of stirring inside.  Should have taken a minute to call, but seeing as the humungous thing was inches away from my car, I ran out in the rain and half rolled, half pulled it back up into her yard, behind their deck to keep it contained.  The wind before the rains must have lifted it (she hadn't closed it up) right up off the table, hurled it into the yard and on the way, shattered the glass top of the table.  Much later as I was looking out my window, checking that it was still secure, I saw her out on the deck, and went over to tell her what had happened.  She said with her A/C going, she had never heard a sound. - Next time I'll call, she's about 20 years younger than me, and hauling that thing would have been easier for her - altho when I asked her if she wanted me to help her try to close it up, she said, "No, DH isn't home, but I'll put a call into my BIL.  He'll come over and take care of everything" - which he did, including the sweepup of the glass.

Struck me then, that I've been alone so long and taken care of things for myself for so long, how strange of her not to 1) try to close the umbrella and put it in their utility shed, and 2) why couldn't she sweep up all the glass, as well as the next person could?  I think sometimes, women become so reliant on "the man" taking care of things, they forget that in most circumstances, they are just as capable of handling it.  -  I suppose the same could be pointed out in my calling my son with my car breakdown, but a little different circumstance, I have no AAA and I knew he did.

Well, I think this post makes up for none yesterday, and probably will take care of any others I might have done today.  Do hope Princess checks in, I'm concerned she is hospitalized again, and hope Tulips and Novem will find time to pop in on a regular basis.  Slept until 8:30 this morning, so really behind the 8 ball as far as getting around.  Such a nice day, will get out for a bit.  Enjoy your company, Kargiver.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good to get a nice long post from you, tt.
    You know, there are these women, who's DH takes care of everything, and they just don't have a clue, that there are lots of things, they can actually do themselves. They are the ones, who stand in front of the car door, and wait for their DH/boyfriend to open it for them. Heavy lifting is one thing, but close an umbrella or sweep up glass is something else.
    I once dropped off some stray mail at a neighbor's. She was sitting in the dark w/ a flashlight, b/c a fuse had blown, and was waiting for her husband to come home and reset it. It happened every time she use her vac. I asked her, where her fuse box was. She didn't know of course, but I found it w/o any problem, where I thought it would be, flipped the gone-bad switch and told her to get a new vac.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hahaaa.  Good story, Pingo.  Both DH and my Dad would have my head if I sat around and waited for one of them to flip a circuit breaker for me.  Granted, either would absolutely do it if they were there, but thier not being there is no excuse for me not to do it.  I'm all for chivalry, but playing helpless does not sit well with me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Nice day out there.  Stores were shopper free, practically, everyone waiting for next week-end I suppose.  Got a beautiful shade of seafoam sheets in BB&B.  Pillow cases will wait until the next coupon appears, $25 for pillow cases?

Emailed G.T. and they will come down one of the two days next week and go out with me to look for a new kitchen table set.  Realize I probably will have to forego the original design I had in mind, but at this point, just am sick of looking at that big orange bungie cord type thing tied around the pedestal, and want a new set.

Had a salad when I got in, but time now for a cuppa and maybe a brownie.  Lasagna for supper tonight, and then I'm freezing the rest.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

TT, if you care to poke around before the frenzy, I think the furniture stores do pre-orders and will then put the sale through on the weekend.  We are (finally) getting the nightstand that matches our bedroom set, but will be away this weekend.  Or maybe browse, then buy online?  I have to look into it myself...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I see Jordan's is advertising double sales tax credit this week, but I need to see and touch it in person, and they couldn't get down before the week-end.  I want their opinion.  Sometimes someone else thinks of a feature that you haven't considered.  I'm toying with the idea of turning the room off the kitchen (white wicker now) back into a dining room, but since G.T. bought and decorated that room, he bristles a bit when I mention it.  In my mind, I see a butcher block top white cabinet (lots of the extra storage space I need) against the wall where my kitchen table set is now, and then the room off it becoming a dining room where we would gather as we do now, around the kitchen table.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I couldn't live w/o a formal dining table, tt. I use mine every time we have company. I can set the table and forget about it until dinner is ready.
    Do you use that sitting room a lot, or has it become just for show? I understand you don't want to hurt GT's feelings, but it is after all you, who live in the house. It is a difficult choice.
    Won't you still need an area in your kitchen though, where you can intake your own meals?
    Re buying furniture. You could always pick something out here and then have the guys take you to NH to actually buy it. NH is sales tax free all year round. Friend of ours did just that and saved a bundle. Jordan's have a store in Nashua.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Any large company gatherings I have, Pingo, are family.  I do use that room as it is now, to sit and read, and it is an "overflow" room at the holidays, with extra seating space.  Just an idea I'm toying with, I've sent it out to G.T. to think about, and I'm sure he'll come back with other disadvantages I haven't thought of.  Most likely the set up will stay the way it is now, only difference being a table for the kitchen that has a bigger insert. 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Unless you can take the furniture you buy with you in NH I believe they tack back on the sales tax to deliver to MA.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

We wouldn't be going to NH.  They come a long distance, as it is, to come here and cart me around wherever to look.  We'll look - find - buy.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Am I the only warrior? Had a heck of a time to get into the Forum this morning. Only to get in and find, there were no new posts. Looks like you all are having similar problems.
    I thoroughly enjoyed the cool morning. This is my kind of weather. Too cold to sit out, but the windows are open, and I could feel the breeze as the steam evaporated from my cuppa.
    How is your visit going, Kar? Aunt and uncle having a good time? And how is dear Gracie? Been to the Vet yet, so you can let her lose again?
    Saw an add for Jordan's last night on the TV, tt. They will give you double tax credit this weekend. Hope you eventually find a kitchen table, you will be happy with. We have gone to Jordan's several times, but never found anything we fell in love with. Besides, the store is so large, I get tired walking around browsing there. It is quite a hike. We do enjoy Richardson's ice cream afterwards though.
    Office is calling. Have to get ready and on my way. Have a good day everyone.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hi everyone!

I am here, and yes in the Hospital. However, we may have found a new med to help me. Things have been crazy. MIL had her heart surgery and is doing well. However, DH got a terrible injury on his arm from a saw. He will need multiple (more) surgeries and we are praying for no permanent damage. 

Anyway, Spencer is doing well!  Kar, hope Gracie is still on the mend, poor thing. 

Need to get caught up on all of the posts, but just wanted to say hi and that I have missed you all!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just got back in from errands and so glad to see a post from you, Princess.  Sorry you ended up in the hospital again, hoping new med does the trick.  Your poor husband, how in the world did that happen.  Usually construction guys are sooo careful.  Glad to hear your MIL's surgery went well.  So much to contend with at once.  Stay well.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Glad to see a post from you, princess. We have been worried about you. You certainly have a lot to deal with, and I am sorry to hear that our assumptions were correct, that you were hospitalized again. Hopefully this new meds will help you.

So sorry to learn bout your DH's accident. Was it the left or the right arm? No matter how careful one is, accidents does happen. Hope he has some good guys workking with him, that can carry the slack and that your business will not suffer. Hopefully, he will not have permanent damage in his arm.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately it is DH's right forearm. He cut a nerve and as of right now has no  feeling is his ring and pinky fingers. We are in the process of getting consultations from a few surgeons to hopefully get it fixed. 

I was in the hospital when it happened, MIL was in a different hospital and DH in a third!  So,I signed   myself out against Drs orders to go be home with Spencer, lol. Once we got MIL and DH home I had to go back. Crazy times!!!!  

We'll get through it. Thank you all for thinking of me!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

@princess-cal,  Philip Blazar, MD  Brigham & Women's Hospital is the best imo.

http://physiciandirectory.brighamandwomens.org/Details/1231?index=1&specialties=24

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What a merry go round you've been on, Princess.  Are you posting us from the hospital now or have you been discharged home?  I can imagine that everyone's been worried about the other people, and that slows down their own recovery.  Thoughts and prayers are with your family.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Princess, how terrible!  I hope DH improves and you get better and better on the new meds.  Blessings on you  three and the rest of the family too.

Now I am worried about tulip and her DH!  With TT having faced her own triple threat, it seems as if it's been one long series of misfortunes for the Chatters...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

Princess, how terrible!  I hope DH improves and you get better and better on the new meds.  Blessings on you  three and the rest of the family too.

Now I am worried about tulip and her DH!  With TT having faced her own triple threat, it seems as if it's been one long series of misfortunes for the Chatters...

Hats, perhaps you missed this post from Tulips back in May:

"Hello old friends--I have come on several times, trying to catch up, and to  tell you my news, but I chicken out and give up. Now I am just jumping in.  I lost my DH a few weeks  ago. After several more hospital stays, since the holidays, it was just his time. He was comfortable, and DD and I were with him round the clock for his last days.  Our sons were in and out, and lots of friends were visiting. We are so blessed to  have such close family  and friends-I don't know what I would have done without them. OK--finally got it out. I  am back to work, so that helps fill the days--I was so lost the first week. Still have my moments where I tell myself I don't know what I am doing-I do some crazy things that make no sense.  Now I am going to make an effort to get back in--at least start with May, or mid april.  Look forward to being back on here!"

Sections
Shortcuts