August Chat!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

August Chat!

Sorry, was ahead of myself. Good grief! - Pingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: August Chat!

Pingo!  What are you doing?  You've skipped over the last week in July!!

Not that there's anything wrong with starting a new thread, but - - - -

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh my, my, my! Was truly ahead of myself - tt, thanks for setting me straight. Will try to delete it, if I can - Pingo

In Response to Re: August Chat!:
    Pingo!  What are you doing?  You've skipped over the last week in July!! Not that there's anything wrong with starting a new thread, but - - - -
    Posted by toytrumpet

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I about had a heart attack!  My mom's birthday is July 26, and I thought I'd missed it.  Oh, goodness, that's TODAY!  Phew. :)

Haven't caught up yet, but did notice Pingo asked about their accomodating our purification.  They were so gracious even insisting that we come after we told them it's not a convenient time to try to feed us.  They said they'd welcome the excuse to have to cook healthier food and took care of us in great shape.  Grilled salt-free veggies, butter-free green bean saute, and a lovely fruit platter.  They had the veggies as their side dish so everyone was happy and satisfied.  Very nice!

Must continue cooking DH's lunch veggies before he rushes off - there's the timer.

More later after I read the goings on of yesterday.

~kar

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No need to delete - besides you wouldn't be able to delete my post.  We can just get an early start on this thread, the July one was long enough anyway.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"I about had a heart attack!  My mom's birthday is July 26, and I thought I'd missed it.  Oh, goodness, that's TODAY!  Phew. :)"

I felt the same way, Kargiver, one of my son's birthdays is the first week of August and I thought, "what?"  I don't even have his card yet!  Have been trying to get a convenient date from him and his daughter who just got her Master's, to take them both out to lunch to celebrate both occasions - "phew", is right!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It wouldn't have been the first time I'd forgotten - isn't that terrible?!  Embarassed

Glad neither of us are actually late!!

Pingo, no worries - you started the day off with a chuckle.  Let's not push Summer ahead, though, it feels like Fall this morning as it is!  "Suddenly" it will be cold before we know it.  Gracie is in her glory.  It was 58 when I put her out this morning!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I've no birds anywhere in the yard this morning - yesterday the feeder and backyard were filled all day with all kinds, so strange.  I did wake up at 4:00a.m. with what must have been a pack of coyotes going down the street yipping and howling.  Got all the neighborhood dogs barking in their houses.  By the time I got to the window to see how many there were, they were beyond my sight.

Lovely cool morning.  I'm moving slowly tho.  That's me, up and out one day before 7:00 and the next poking around til who knows when in my robe.  Putting a list together in my mind of the route I want to take on various errands and pick ups.  Also want to wait to catch any email from G.T. on how their NH week-end was.

Just thinking, maybe all those birds yesterday emptied the feeder, even tho I had put 6 cups in first thing in the morning.  I'd better go check.

8:45  That was it, it was completely empty.  They're all lined up on the fence now, and the squirrels are feasting under the feeder on what they spit out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Warming her belly in this morning's sun - -

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Award winning photo, tt!  Adorable and perfect composition.  You're a real photographer!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

(Pingo, I just noticed and responded to your question in Artichokes)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Friends,
    I confused you all. I am sorry, I am sorry, I am sorry - I apologize, I apologize, I apologize. You must have thought, I have started having dementia. Fortunately I know, you are a forgiving bunch.
    Only excuse I have is, that yesterday we booked tickets to everywhere and dates were flying around.
    Going to PB for Laborday weekend. DH is going abroad. Older son is coming from TX to give me company, and to do some work at our office. Then going w/ us to PB. My DIL will come directly to PB, and the two of them will return to TX together - we will return to  Boston. Phew!
    One good thing is, I thought DH would be leaving next week - but I now realize, he will be here for another week.
    tt, I certainly did not want to delete YOUR post. I wanted to delete my own, but the BDC wouldn't let me. Instead I edited it and erased the entire post.

Kar, I love your in-laws. Trying to accommodate you and DH was not the easiest for them (boy, do I ever know), but they did it. You are so lucky. How did your swimsuit hold up?
    I am sure Gracie must love this weather. I do. Are you still feeding yourself from the garden? Just finished making up Mr. P's lunch. He will have leftover lobster bisque plus fruit - a pear and a plum. I am so surprised. He never wanted to bring lunch. But now he loves it, as long as it is something he can heat up.
    And now off to a Dr.'s appointment - chat later.
    - Pingo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We begged them to let us sit this get together out, but they insisted.  Even so, I know it was a sacrifice to bother with our diet, and we gushed over their effort and graciousness - they deserved many accolades.

The swimsuit held up beautifully!  I never wore that bra, anyway; it dug into my ribs.

Really, no worries about starting August early!  What a hectic schedule you are planning!

Have a good appointment.  Chat later.

~kar

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"tt, I certainly did not want to delete YOUR post. I wanted to delete my own, but the BDC wouldn't let me."

I know, that's what I meant by not being able to delete my post, BDC wouldn't let you delete the column because someone else (me) had also posted there.  No problem.  Reminded me that I have to get the car sticker in August, so wrote that on my calendar.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Ran over to Brooksby while I was out and about, hoping there'd be more of that delicious corn, and cooked an ear up for my lunch when I got back.  Also picked up a fat white cuke - had never seen one before - sliced some of that into my salad.  Went up to Home Goods looking for some new towels, but I think it's impossible to find any made in USA.  I'll try T.J. Maxx on another day or maybe even Sears. Time to get a new mattress pad too, but again, didn't have any luck today.

Evidently this little temperature change is too much for the cat, looked around for her and found her curled up between the sheets on my bed!  She's cold?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Anyway,Kar thanks so much for the veggie spice recipe. Loved it! Only two days and I feel better already except a mild headache.It may not be from the food plan though because I am prone to migraines. This headache isn't migraine,so it may be caffeine withdrawal? b.g.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Good Morning all. Hope todays weather is like yesterdays. Kar, my headache is gone now so maybe my system was adjusting to the change in the diet.  have a great day everyone.b.g

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

When I first started doing the cleanses, I always got a big headache for the first 2 - 3 days.  For me, it was a combination of caffeine withdrawal and general toxin release.  So, I bet you are home free for headaches from here in. YAY!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    BG, great you are doing so well on your new way of eating. Keep up the good work. How is the sightseeing going? There is a piece in the globe on Fort Point in Boston:

http://www.boston.com/travel/boston/gallery/Fort_Point/?p1=Well_Travel_links

That may be a nice day trip as well. If you are going to have an overnight in Salem, you could also include Rockport, which is about 1/2 hour away. We must have been there a zillion times, but can never be tired of it. Then take the scenic route (Rt. 127A) back. Lovely houses and ocean views. You will reach Gloucester before you get back on 128.

tt, loved that picture of Cheerio. Kar is right - such a professional shot. We have seen less birds recently, even though we still have plenty. But I figured, the families have grown up and the doing their own thing. I have also spotted a couple of hawks swirling around now and then. That would keep them hiding.  My little experiment of putting a dish with sunflower seeds on my railing for the cardinals and titmice, didn't last long. It attracted the larger birds - like the mourning doves, bluejays and blackbirds - so the small songbirds stayed away, waiting on my roof edge for them to leave. Then Sunday morning one of the turkeys must have been there. My feeder was all askew and the dish was laying on the ground - broken. So much for that.

Kar, I am doing a 10-days Acai berry easy-cleanse, and it is doing it's job - gently. 2 lbs. gone already. After I am done with that, I am anxious to do my juice fasting. Looking forward to it. I will be a new person when DH return.

I am having my guys working at our house these days. We had a small leak near one of our skylights. When they opened up yesterday, it became a larger ordeal than anticipated. The water had gotten in and large parts of the framing rotted. Now it all have to be replaced. It is in my computer room and we spend the morning moving stuff and furniture. I am now sitting at my dining table.
    I know, what I will be doing today - hope you all have a better day - Pingo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt great picture of your cat.  How I long to get a kitten...oh well maybe next year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, Pingo, water can be a sneaky devil, indeed!  Sorry to hear they've discovered a wider problem.  At least you found out before the ceiling caved, though...scary!  Too bad about your feeding dish and plan having gone to the wrong birds.

Good luck with the acai cleanse - glad it is gentle.  Congrats on the 2 lbs!  I find that any weight loss makes a difference in how my clothes fit even if no one notices but me.

We're done with "cleanse" and moving on to "support" - the supplements are super nutritive not cleansing at this point.  2 weeks of that, and we're done with Cleanse 2010.  Day 9 and counting!

BG what system did you settle on trying?

Blessings to all - have a great day! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Well, I have the largest skylight around right now (and a huge mess on my floor). The entire ceiling is gone. But I am lucky. Really! I don't have to wait for a contractor for 3 weeks, that never show up to finish what he started. They say it will be done by tomorrow afternoon before the rain starts. I have heard horror stories. My girl friend had her kitchen redone. Nothing major like moving plumbing and such and it was 7 months before she could use her kitchen again.
    It is a real pain, but we needed it done, before - like Kar suggested - the ceiling caved down. It was just about to. When they went to check the leak, they said the roof was "kind of soft" - that's when we decided to open it up. Besides the rotting, ants had a feast. We have a flat rubber coated roof in that particular area - so it is not hard to work on.
    Kar, I was searching for your banana bread recipe, but it didn't come up in the search. Instead I am now having a bread in the oven from a recipe I got from Hannaford. Not the slimmest recipe. But at least it has nonfat buttermilk and I cut down on the sugar. I am planning on cutting it in half and send it home with the two guys, I have up on my roof.
    Now off to make sandwiches. They must be hungry by now. - Pingo

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, my, what a mess, Pingo!  Hope they finish on time as expected.

I thought you weren't a fan of my banana bread...didn't you think it was too heavy and dense for your taste?  I'll post it again, if you want it, though.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh I make a very good banana bread, but the recipe is at home.  I could post it tomorrow.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, Winter, re compliment re Cheerio.  She's an old girl, 10, but still proud of her looks!  Can't you have animals where you are living?  Some places are more tolerant of having one these days.

Saw a piece on the noon news re swimming in the old quarry at Lanesville - reporter described it as a "hidden treasure".  I'm amazed, because I had always heard that swimming was illegal in old quarries because it was too dangerous, bottomless practically, and jagged rock croppings - not to mention old cars etc that had been abandoned there.  Hopefully the Town of Gloucester will see the piece and clarify what the present rulings are.  "Hidden  treasure"?  I don't think so, more like "Dangerous swimming zone".