August Chats!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: August Chats!

In Response to Re: August Chats!:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]

That's gorgeous, Icer.  Made me poke my head out the window and see if my plant was doing anything yet, but it's only about 10 inches high, I'm guessing, and no sign of any buds, at least from here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Mothermitzy, I know! I got a new computer. My old PC was dying and my boys were tired of keeping patching it. So they gave me a new one. An Apple Mac - so it converse with theirs.
    Well, a lot of things changed. And I think the 'ignore button' stuff did not follow, when they installed all my old programs on the new machine. Anyway - I have abled it now.
    Even though I can't see his posts, all of you can. And it bothers me and embarrasses me, that he is so obsessed with me. Good or bad. Just please don't reply. Hopefully he will go away again. Or maybe the time has come to start your blog.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August Chats! : Hi pingo - The ignore button works very well in this case.  I have used it on a couple of posters who have been problems in the past and it's a great feature.  You never see anything they post.  Out of sight, out of mind. mothermitzi
    Posted by mothermitzi[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I was having a lot of computer trouble, not really my computer but a problem with the host of my e-mail..You guys will get a kick out of this.

So I have this problem with my business web site and e-mail going through it..grrrr This stuff is so complicated now so I hire a "guy" ...the guy takes $ from me, changes all my passwords then drops off the face of the earth. This left me to deal with this company..Midphase
    Midphase doesn't recognize me at all until I point out how I paid them...Now , I am not communicating well so I am an idiot I suppose...guess again. Icer has a mind and is not afraid to use it!

I went to THEIR message board...cut and paste a few comments of other users and how they fixed our mutual problem...The tech support was kind of funny at this point..."Thank you for making it so clear Icer" they said "Where in the world did you come up with this wealth of information" They got real quiet when I pointed out that the info came from their message board complaints

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

And the lesson is:  Don't mess with Icer!
    Good for you.  Hope they have it straightened out now (thanks to you and "cut and paste" - gotta love it!).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

[QUOTE]And the lesson is:  Don't mess with Icer! Good for you.  Hope they have it straightened out now (thanks to you and "cut and paste" - gotta love it!).
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

You know Pingo...its a good lesson

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Oh does my wife spoil me. Made me blueberry cake from fresh blueberries.  WHat a breakfast.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Oh does my wife spoil me. Made me blueberry cake from fresh blueberries.  WHat a breakfast.
    Posted by Ken1935[/QUOTE]

I imagine you never gain a pound either!  It's not fair.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August Chats! : I imagine you never gain a pound either!  It's not fair.
    Not usually, so long as I keep exercising...I don't dare stop. I would blow up like a baloon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh Ken,
    That sounds lovely. From where do you get the fresh blueberries? Maine? They are so abundant here right now - that I am buying them several pints at the time and freeze some to have for later.
    I just read this morning in my 'Norwegian?' (lol) paper, that 1/2 cup of blueberries give you more antioxidants, than 5 servings of any other fruit. I have been stuffing Mr. P with them every morning ever since they came on the market. Want to keep him as long as possible. When I cannot get the fresh ones any longer, I will use the frozen ones to make morning smoothies.
    Mrs. Ken sounds like a gem. - P

[QUOTE]Oh does my wife spoil me. Made me blueberry cake from fresh blueberries.  WHat a breakfast.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

[QUOTE]Mothermitzy, I know! I got a new computer. My old PC was dying and my boys were tired of keeping patching it. So they gave me a new one. An Apple Mac - so it converse with theirs. Well, a lot of things changed. And I think the 'ignore button' stuff did not follow, when they installed all my old programs on the new machine. Anyway - I have abled it now. Even though I can't see his posts, all of you can. And it bothers me and embarrasses me, that he is so obsessed with me. Good or bad. Just please don't reply. Hopefully he will go away again. Or maybe the time has come to start your blog. In Response to Re: August Chats! :
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

Hi pingo -

Don't worry, I'm not seeing them anymore, thanks to the ignore button.  I have no intention of replying. How do you like your Mac?  I love mine.  I have a pc at the office, but I am partial to the Mac at home.  Like you, I rely on the kids to set up and manage all this for me.  While I am grateful, it also puts me at a disadvantage because I never learn how to fix anything or troubleshoot.

mothermitzi    

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi Ken -

I love anything that contains blueberries.  My favorite breakfast is blueberry pancakes with real maple syrup.  I thought of you the other day.  My father and I were out and stopped at Brigham's on Mill Street in Arlington.  They still have a restaurant at this location and the usual ice-cream shop.  I'm sure you remember when it was Buttrick's.  Sadly, the whole place looks a bit run down and I wonder if they're going to close it.  There aren't many Brigham's left, although there is another in Arlington Heights on Mass Ave.  My choice was maple walnut - yum!

mothermitzi

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August Chats! : Hi Ken - I love anything that contains blueberries.  My favorite breakfast is blueberry pancakes with real maple syrup.  I thought of you the other day.  My father and I were out and stopped at Brigham's on Mill Street in Arlington.  They still have a restaurant at this location and the usual ice-cream shop.  I'm sure you remmeber when it was Buttrick's.  Sadly, the whole place looks a bit run down and I wonder if they're going to close it.  There aren't many Brigham's left, although there is another in Arlington Heights on Mass Ave.  My choice was maple walnut - yum! mothermitzi
    Posted by mothermitzi[/QUOTE]

She makes me blueberry pancakes too, on Sundays sometimes..Oh yes, Brighams. When it was Buttricks I think just about everyone in my family when I was younger worked there for some time or other, except my Mom. Even my wife before she was my wife. And black rasberry was my favorite, or if I was to make a frappe it would be chocolate with peppermintstick ice cream

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

[QUOTE]Oh Ken, That sounds lovely. From where do you get the fresh blueberries? Maine? They are so abundant here right now - that I am buying them several pints at the time and freeze some to have for later. I just read this morning in my 'Norwegian?' (lol) paper, that 1/2 cup of blueberries give you more antioxidants, than 5 servings of any other fruit. I have been stuffing Mr. P with them every morning ever since they came on the market. Want to keep him as long as possible. When I cannot get the fresh ones any longer, I will use the frozen ones to make morning smoothies. Mrs. Ken sounds like a gem. - P In Response to Re: August Chats! :
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

These blueberries came from Oregon.

Still no computer. Now they tell me it went from Avondale, AZ, about 20 miles from me, to CA first and then will get back to Phoenix this Friday..BOy I will never reccomend Best Buy again to anyone. That was so stupid. The salesman apologized to me, but nothing he could do. Had I known it would take so lone I could have gone to Avondale myself and picked it up. Woulda, shoulda, coulda, UGH!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi putt -

Just catching up on posts here.  I'm glad you enjoyed Nova Scotia.  Also happy to read the crossing was calm.  Did you do any shopping?  Buy anything interesting? Reading about your trip makes me want to go back, just like pingo's trip to Ireland and yours before it. I'll get back one of these days.  

I'm glad to read your sister's surgery went well. You are good to help her. Do what you can and have no regrets.  I've always thought that's the best way. Sounds like you need the patience of Job with that bunch.

At least it's cooler today.  It was hard getting back into the swing of things.  By lunchtime, I drank two iced coffees. One had an added shot of espresso. It's been so hot I've had no interest in exercising.  Yesterday, I walked some and tonight I went to the Y and got on the treadmill, at a very leisurely pace, for 30 minutes.  It was nice and cool at the Y. In Maine, I swam everyday, so I guess that classifies as exercise!  It's a never ending battle.  Talk to you later.

mothermitzi     

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Hi mothermitzi

So good to hear from you..We were very happy with the ferry crossing but can you imagine with Hurricane Bill blowing through that area how rough it would be..Maybe they would not even run the ferry.

We really did very little shopping in Nova Scotia.  At my stage in life right now, I am downsizing like you wouldnt believe but my daughter bought me a beautiful pewter Christmas ornament with Nova Scotia printed on it and I got each of us a small blue glass whale because driving along the coast we bet the guys we saw a whale tail only to find out it was fake..  That's why I love being with kids..we laugh so much.

Thank you for the encouragement with my sister..it is quite a bunch to say the least..she needs me right now and was there when my husband passed away so will do what I can within reason.

I can totally relate to getting back in a routine..I would need more then espresso to get me on the right track, that's for sure.

I started back to exercise class yesterday after a two week break because of the humidity and do think I need to start eating a little healthier..I've been doing pretty much what I wanted for the past six months and break out in a sweat when I go near the bathroom scale.  Swimming was great exercise for you..

I have a very exciting day planned.  I'm taking my grocery list to Market Basket and compare prices to Stop and Shop..how's that for excitement!!  I've been wanting to do this all summer and today is the day. 

I'm on and off with the Sox lately..did watch the kids from West Peabody a few times.

Good to hear from you.

putt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

MM & Putt.....glad to see you girls are exerxcising. 30 minutes walk MM is great. That's what my wife does on the TM and she's a prety heft gal....biut of course I know you gals NEVER talk about weight....Wink

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I was reminded yesterday again, that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder -
    In our neighborhood is a piece of property that seems to have been abandoned.  The once manicured lawns and gardens are for the most part now waist deep in weeds.  Neighbors are wondering just what is going on, mail seems to still be delivered, but no signs of anyone there, other than a car that pulls up to pick up the mail daily.  Inquiries have been made at the town hall and we are told the taxes are still being paid on the property. Such a shame for such a nice spot to go to ruin, when I'm sure, even in this economy, if put on the market, someone would see the beauty in it and buy it.  However, I diverse -

Late yesterday afternoon as the sun was starting to change position in the sky, I noticed a car stop and a man take something out of the trunk.  He hopped the fence and momentarily disappeared in the weeds.  A few minutes later I could see that he had set up a tripod for his camera, and for the next 20 minutes or so, took various close up pictures of the "weeds" as the sun's position on them changed.  I think he may be a local photographer whose work we see now and then in the papers.  It will be interesting to see the "beauty" he captured in what we as neighbors have been considering an eyesore.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, the mystery of the "abandoned" property has been solved.  As I drove home this morning I saw an elderly man wrestling with a power mower, trying to cut the grass.  I pulled over and inquired if the young couple who owned the property were OK.  Seems as tho there is serious illness in the family and they are spending time out West with family members.

Sad news, but good to know they will be back, and I hope hearing that their neighbors have been concerned for their well being will be of some comfort to them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

[QUOTE]Well, the mystery of the "abandoned" property has been solved.  As I drove home this morning I saw an elderly man wrestling with a power mower, trying to cut the grass.  I pulled over and inquired if the young couple who owned the property were OK.  Seems as tho there is serious illness in the family and they are spending time out West with family members. Sad news, but good to know they will be back, and I hope hearing that their neighbors have been concerned for their well being will be of some comfort to them.

YOu mean you didn't offer to mow the lawn for the OLD man..  Oh MyCry

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Weeds can be pretty - I remember asking my granddad why he hated the pretty yellow flowers in the yard so much.  They were dandelions.  ;)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Weeds can be pretty - I remember asking my granddad why he hated the pretty yellow flowers in the yard so much.  They were dandelions.  ;)
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Along the same line, I remember my mother entertaining ladies for lunch and me proudly coming in with a red wagon full of dandelions I had picked in the back yard for her!  They actually all "ooh'd" and "aah'd" and made me feel pretty special.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August Chats! : YOu mean you didn't offer to mow the lawn for the OLD man..  Oh My

Ken, the "old man" I saw mowing the grass, unfortunately, is probably younger than me!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August Chats! : Ken, the "old man" I saw mowing the grass, unfortunately, is probably younger than me!

LOL

Hurray, my new computer finally arrived. This is from my lap top because my new one is in the hands of my son doing all the installing that needs to be done. We worked on it for about 3 hours and still there is another 2 hours or so that needs to be done. I will probably be picking it up tomorrow morning. At least we have it. I love it already..It has a touch sensitive screen 19 x 12, is only about 2 inches, thick, yes that's screen and CPU all together in one.It's amazing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Congrats on your new computer, Ken.  My girlfriend got a whole new system too and she's amazed at how much faster everything is.  Mine are hand-me-downs from a son when he gets a new one, but they don't break down and have all I need with abilities that match mine.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

[QUOTE]Congrats on your new computer, Ken.  My girlfriend got a whole new system too and she's amazed at how much faster everything is.  Mine are hand-me-downs from a son when he gets a new one, but they don't break down and have all I need with abilities that match mine.

YEAH!!!  This is my first post from the new compute...I  LOVE IT /> Still a few kinks to work out, and I think i might have lost a few things when the old one crashed, but not too much, at nothing terribly important

Sections
Shortcuts