Calling all chatters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Calling all chatters

I just thought I would put up a page for us to land on...Come join me!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: Calling all chatters

Hi Icer,

You and I had the same thought at the same time to try the boards - one more time!  Glad to see they're up and running.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hello Icer and tt, just so happy to see you both on the Chat. I am glad that you didn't go away. I tried o post a new post, but there was no place to submit it :(
    Hope you all are well - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hello Icer and tt, just so happy to see you both on the Chat. I am glad that you didn't go away. I tried o post a new post, but there was no place to submit it :( Hope you all are well - Pingo
    Posted by pingo

Hi Pingo - good to see Chatter noms again!  I was about ready to give up, what with all that is going on with layoffs with the Globe, I thought we'd been eliminated.

Baking for Easter this week.  Made half moons and froze them, and an Irish Soda Bread yesterday and froze it, now today have cookie dough chilling for sugar bunny cookies.  Tomorrow will be gingerbread bunnies, Friday we're going to the Deerfield butterfly place, and then Sat will be another of Icer's fabulous dough bread baskets and the saltine/choc/nut candy.

What plans do both of you have?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Hey , glad to see someone else has found these chat boards!

I sure hope they don't plan on keeping it a secret much longer.

So far , I like the new setup.

All you guys with the little "shadow head" near your name , you've just gotta find a cool looking avatar....Hope you like mine as much as I do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Well I know I am feeling better now...

I'll be back to check on you guys...I just want to make sure I get this page on my favorites

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I got it now !!! I think I saw Ken here...I will try to find him...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I got it now !!! I think I saw Ken here...I will try to find him...
    Posted by icer

Ken had posted on the same letter to users page that you had, I think it was the April 2nd date.  I posted how to get here at the end of that thread.  I just don't like the way it has been saved on my favorites -- not listed next to an "e" as all my other sites, but next to a "b".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Yipppee - the boards are back!  Nice to "see" everyone!  Laughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi Everybody -

I've missed you.  Let's see if this works.

mothermitzi

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Hi Chatters -- I don't want to intrude, but I want to encourage you to give these new boards a good workout for a week or so, and then please let me know what you think. It's important to me that I hear from our long-time regulars.

You can post your reactions here if that's convenient, or you can visit a thread I'm starting on the "Talk to BDC" board here:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=Forum&plckForumId=Cat%3aMisc.+MusingsForum%3a10091

Thanks a lot,
    Teresa

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Chatters -- I don't want to intrude, but I want to encourage you to give these new boards a good workout for a week or so, and then please let me know what you think. It's important to me that I hear from our long-time regulars. You can post your reactions here if that's convenient, or you can visit a thread I'm starting on the "Talk to BDC" board here: http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=Forum&plckForumId=Cat%3aMisc.+MusingsForum%3a10091 Thanks a lot, Teresa
    Posted by BDCDottie

Hi BDC Dottie,

Glad to know you are still around.  One question:  Before "forums" showed up on my "favorites" list as all my other favorites, next to an "e".  Why does "Boston.com" now show up on that list as a white b in a blue circle?  It's the only different listing out of all my "favorites".

Thanks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Hi BDC Dottie, Glad to know you are still around.  One question:  Before "forums" showed up on my "favorites" list as all my other favorites, next to an "e".  Why does "Boston.com" now show up on that list as a white b in a blue circle?  It's the only different listing out of all my "favorites". Thanks.
    Posted by toytrumpet

Ah, TT, that little white b inside the blue circle is our trademark for Boston.com -- it's called a "favicon" and lots of websites like eBay and Amazon and flickr use them. You probably have others among your bookmarks. I don't know why it didn't show up with the old forums.

The bookmark name "Boston.com" comes from the page title that is in our code. It shouldn't be that generic, to be honest; it should say "Boston.com Forums" or "Boston.com Discussions". I'll ask that it be changed.

I'm afraid you're stuck with the little b, but you can change the name of the bookmark. You probably already know this, but indulge me ... just right-click on the bookmark name and scroll down to "Rename".

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Ah, TT, that little white b inside the blue circle is our trademark for Boston.com -- it's called a "favicon" and lots of websites like eBay and Amazon and flickr use them. You probably have others among your bookmarks. I don't know why it didn't show up with the old forums. The bookmark name "Boston.com" comes from the page title that is in our code. It shouldn't be that generic, to be honest; it should say "Boston.com Forums" or "Boston.com Discussions". I'll ask that it be changed. I'm afraid you're stuck with the little b, but you can change the name of the bookmark. You probably already know this, but indulge me ... just right-click on the bookmark name and scroll down to "Rename". Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.
    Posted by BDCDottie

By the way, the little "e" is from your browser, Internet Explorer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

By the way, the little "e" is from your browser, Internet Explorer.
    Posted by BDCDottie

Thanks for the explanation.  It's strange, because  Amazon is also on my saved favorites list and all, including Amazon, are preceded by the blue e, all except for this new Boston.com. that I've saved to get to the forums page.  When I click on my "file" icon, "Boston.com" is listed there under "properties".  Is this just some fluke with my computer set up or are others experiencing the same? 

Don't mean to tie you up.  I'll check with one of the guys in my family next time they're around. They know their way around the computer much more than I.

Good to know you will still be around should we need you, BDC Dottie.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

hi everyone...I'm back too.....finally
    Icer, does that lilly pad say that you think we are frogs to land in it :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

I just thought I would put up a page for us to land on...Come join me!
    Posted by icer

Hello to all my board friends:

I am so happy to see the boards back.  I almost gave up but thought I would give it another try tonight. 

Seems as if I have been in a fog these last few weeks but I am starting my exercise classes again and getting together with friends.  I cannot imagine what I would ever do without family and friends. 

Nice to see everyone again.

putt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I have the blue "b"...I am trying to get rid of the big lily picture I mistakenly put on the page...Sorry I am taking up so much room...but I think I will be able to post my Easter goodies

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Hello Ken...I went looking for you...glad yoou made it!

Yes the water lilies were supposed to be a place for us to land...very astute of you...not no frogs here...We are all princes or princess' in our wn BDC kingdom lol

Putt so nice to see your nom...I have thought of you often...Yes, my dear, thank goodness for friends and family live or cyber friends and family ,,,,,it is the caring that counts

We care about you!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Hi, Icer ... I wonder if you made your photo your "signature" as well as your avatar? You can look on your Profile Page, under the Profile tab, to check ... I think if you leave it as your avatar image, but remove it from the Signature box, you should be all set.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

Is this really happening?
    I really hope it is. 
    It was my birthday on Monday and I was so hoping that my gift was going to be getting back the boards. I really didn't expect them to be here now, frankly.

Oh well, moving on.
    Things have been busy. More meetings. Just got back from one with the AZ Board of Regents. 
    Have an order for one dozen cupcake soaps to deliver tomorrow.
    Made a Facebook business page. Still haven't gotten a "real" job, but still working on it. 
    Easter is coming! I did make my daughter a dress and matching flowers to update last years' hat. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Is this really happening? I really hope it is.  It was my birthday on Monday and I was so hoping that my gift was going to be getting back the boards. I really didn't expect them to be here now, frankly. Oh well, moving on. Things have been busy. More meetings. Just got back from one with the AZ Board of Regents.  Have an order for one dozen cupcake soaps to deliver tomorrow. Made a Facebook business page. Still haven't gotten a "real" job, but still working on it.  Easter is coming! I did make my daughter a dress and matching flowers to update last years' hat. 
    Posted by circles82

Happy Birthday
    It was also my oldest brother's b-day- he is 81

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

Thank you, Ken!
    Happy Birthday to your brother as well Smile

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Tomorrow and Friday are big days for me. My choir etc is putting on a passion play. I am Joseph of Arimathea. i have 10 songs I am suppposed to have memorized...well I got most of them. What I am not sure of, i just shut up and follow the guys that know it.

Hey  i tried to use the smileys but they don't seem to work.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

I just clicked on the below. It goes to a pop up, so you may have those blocked. I'm surprised mine popped up because this computer is so heavily firewalled etc.
    Love your avatar! Really makes me smile!

Sections
Shortcuts