Camp Chanrudoma

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Camp Chanrudoma

What is exactly this Camp Chanrudoma. Have heard it mentioned several times on these boards. Is it some kind of phantom camp - or does it really exist. I don't mind to look stupid - please inform us.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitefoot. Show whitefoot's posts

Camp Chanrudoma

I am a few years late to the conversation but I went to Camp Chanrudoma and would love to hear from anyone who went there too. It was a special place with great people and lifelong memories. Let's reconnect!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitefoot. Show whitefoot's posts

Camp Chanrudoma

I was there the same time. I was a camper, CIT, and counselor. My first name is Elaine.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitefoot. Show whitefoot's posts

Camp Chanrudoma

Yup, that's me. I think I remember you too. This is so funny. Do you live in the area? It would be nice to chat more directly. Maybe we could meet somewhere?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from necookielady. Show necookielady's posts

Camp Chanrudoma

I went to Chanrudoma for 4 years in the mid 60s. I have such great memories of the place. I was both a Chippewa & a Comanche. I did extra riding (loved Sweetpea & Ali Baba). Anyone remember Tippy?

jan

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from necookielady. Show necookielady's posts

Camp Chanrudoma

To be honest, after all this time, the only people I remember right now are Emmy N., who I went with my 1st year, Karen (Barbara & Dick's daughter) & Jimmy S. I was a short, fat girl with long dark hair. I went for 1 month my 1st 2 years & the whole summer my last 2 years. Tippy, I believe, was the name of the black dog with white on the tip of its tail. Do you remember where in Winchendon the camp was? I have a friend who lives in Gardner & I'd love to go visit the camp area next time I go visit her. Do you know what happened to the owners & their kids (if I remember correctly, Barbara, Dick, Karen & Russell(?) & Chas, Allie(?) & their baby)? It's so nice to find people who remember the camp.

jan

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from necookielady. Show necookielady's posts

Camp Chanrudoma

Oh, & I wore glasses!

jan

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonmoejo. Show Bostonmoejo's posts

Camp Chanrudoma

[Quote]If this is the same Laurie Kepnes I knew from Newton she lives down on the Cape somewhere. We dated and were going to get married and didn't unfortunately. I have been trying to find her for the last few years to reconnect. Her parents were William and Anita.[/Quote]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bonniecibley. Show bonniecibley's posts

Camp Chanrudoma

I was at Chanrudoma in the 60's. I am Bonnie Weiner. I was in the same cabin as Karen--peepot--Porter. I now live in Mobile Al. I would love to hear from felow campers. My brother is Jonathan. He once set up a ham radio at camp!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from necookielady. Show necookielady's posts

Camp Chanrudoma

[Quote]Hello Chanrudoma campers. I am so happy to hear about this site. I am the daughter of the camp owners for anyone who remembers me, Karen.

My family often talkes about those wonderful camp days and all of the people who made such an impact on our lives.

Just an update: I am currently living in PA and my mother Barbara spends her winters with my husband and I. My Dad, Dick passed away some years ago. Both brothers still live in New England, Chas and Alli are still in Gardner.

I hope to see more comments on this site from past campers.

All our best from our family at Chanrudoma.[/Quote]

Hi Karen,
    Don't know if you remember me. My name is Jan (Janet in those days) Perlmutter. We were in the same cabin a few years & did extra riding together. So sorry to hear about your dad. I have such great memories of the camp & your family.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from necookielady. Show necookielady's posts

Camp Chanrudoma

[Quote]Hi everybody. I went to Camp Chanrudoma from whatever year Chas & Allie got married (1960?) until forever, camper, CIT, counselour, friend. I live in Baltimore and get to see Kristin and her family. I've stayed in touch with Chas & Allie all these years and just saw them recently. There was a group of us from Brookline that went to Camp. If anyone can track them down, go for it. A few years ago I came across Jimmy S. who is now Dr. S in Florida! SweetPea was the sweetest but Popeye was my favorite horse - even after he stepped on my foot. Hi Kris![/Quote]

Jimmy is now a Dr?!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from necookielady. Show necookielady's posts

Camp Chanrudoma

[/Quote] Hi...I'm Charles and Alice' "baby" (44 years old, now:), Kristin. I just heard about this site from my cousin, Russell, and have just begun reading...brings back tons of memories! We sold the camp when I was about 10 and my brother, Javan was 4, I think. We brought Sweet-pea and Pistol to Sturbridge with us, but the riding bug didn't stay with me much longer after that. I live in Maryland now, but my parents are still in MA, and I plan on sending this link to them, too. They've been on line for a while, but just got DSL, so this kind of thing will be new to them. Next time I'm home (likey this summer), I'll show them how to access it if they haven't already (and if I'm doing it right, too:)). Will be in touch...

[/Quote]

Hi Kristen! Wow, I can't believe you're 44 now! At times I remember the camp like it was just months ago.

jan

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cereh. Show cereh's posts

Re: Camp Chanrudoma

I went to camp Chanrudoma from probably 1962 to 1966.  I'm Connie and I was in the Apache and then the Comanche cabin.  My sister was Meredith.  I remember Karen Porter, Bonnie, Maura, Karen M. and lots of others.  Camp was the best part of my childhood; I couldn't wait to go every year.  Eddie was my favorite horse because he'd been a racehorse.  I remember Tippy, too.  It would be great to hear from someone who remembers us.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bonniecibley. Show bonniecibley's posts

In Response to Re: Camp Chanrudoma:
    [QUOTE]I went to camp Chanrudoma from probably 1962 to 1966.  I'm Connie and I was in the Apache and then the Comanche cabin.  My sister was Meredith.  I remember Karen Porter, Bonnie, Maura, Karen M. and lots of others.  Camp was the best part of my childhood; I couldn't wait to go every year.  Eddie was my favorite horse because he'd been a racehorse.  I remember Tippy, too.  It would be great to hear from someone who remembers us.
    Posted by cereh[/QUOTE]

I am Bonnie and I remember our sumers as an Apache and Comanche.  I would love to hear from you.  I am now Bonnie Cibley and live in Mobile Al.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cereh. Show cereh's posts

In Response to Re: Camp Chanrudoma:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Camp Chanrudoma : I am Bonnie and I remember our sumers as an Apache and Comanche.  I would love to hear from you.  I am now Bonnie Cibley and live in Mobile Al.
    Posted by bonniecibley[/QUOTE]

Hi Bonnie!  My e-mail is cereh@hotmail.com if you want to write.  I live in Austin, Texas - we both went south!

Sections
Shortcuts