1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Changes to the forums and article comments

Hi everybody,

As you can see, we've launched new discussion forums, article comments, and personal profiles on the site. We've always relied on software from other companies to power our user tools.  But during the past few months, we've built our own – we think this will give us more flexibility and control over these features.

Here in the forums, we had to delay the implementation of some of the features that you like: The gold star that brings you to the first unread comment, Ignore this user, spell check, add an image, and some others. We have a working list of items to restore in the coming days and weeks.

There’s a fuller explainer here: http://www.boston.com/community/note_to_bostoncom_users/

Please leave a comment here about any features that are missing that I didn't mention in the note linked above, or if you're having any technical issues.

Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

Re: Changes to the forums and article comments

Bring back edit.
    And the star that shows the ones I haven't read - bring that one back first!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Those two are at the top of the list, CT.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Clicking on a thread to get in to post, instead brings up just the ads that are alongside.   This has taken me 15 or 20  tries, and the only way I got in this time was to be able to get to my profile and click on my last post - even tho I had tried that before, and couldn't even get to my profile.  Tried using both IE and Chrome, and same results with both.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

OK, tt -- have that one recorded. That's a new one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It happened to me, too, but its working, again, seems totally random.  I'm using a browser called Ghostery.  When it was happening to me (maybe still is) it happened with some threads and not others, sometimes the main forums page, sometimes not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Problem with being able to get in to thread again.  Get as far as September 2012, click and up comes a page with all the BDC headings, but the page is blank save for whatever ad chooses to come up on the blank page.  Tired of it all, in and out, logged in and out, in and out of Chrome and IE - whole set up stinks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnjohn. Show johnjohn's posts

Are you checking the article comment sections for input?  The new format is completely buggy across browser platforms and doesn't perform well.  The list is too vast to repeat here.  Hope you guys are actually watching.  I won't speak for others but my "contributions" to the comment sections have dropped off dramatically as a result.  I doubt I am the only one whose patterns have been changed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Yes, johnjohn, we spot check the article comments as well, particularly on the more popular blogs. I think we've recorded all of the issues that people are having. Thanks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Dottie, thanks for "recording" all of these issues for us, but here is my question:

When are you going to start fixing them?

That's what people want to know

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Dotie something happened yesterday and my post came out many many times in October Confidentail chat. Can you delete the extra? Starts on page 2 goes to page 3. Thanks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Dottie, when are we going to be able to change our avatars?  My summer frog has long since dived to the bottom of the pond to go into hibernation -

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Not exactly, my friend. Remember you almost stepped on him yesterday, when you put out you apple cores and peels.

In response to toytrumpet's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dottie, when are we going to be able to change our avatars?  My summer frog has long since dived to the bottom of the pond to go into hibernation -

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No, that wasn't one of my pond frogs, a different kind altogether - a toad perhaps?  I've never been sure of the difference.  However, my pond frogs are smaller and green and stay either in the pond or right on the surrounding area.  My avatar picture because I zoomed in, makes him look larger than he was in real life.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Dottie, are you still with us?  It has been almost 3 months since you responded to us.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

BDC/Dottie, it's great that we don't seem to have login issues anymore, but what about all the other very annoying bugs that we were told were the reason you took control of the forums back from the outsource company?  It's been months, and autocorrect is still broken, backspace by word is still broken, posts randomly disappear upon hitting post, among other things.  Is anyone still working on these issues?  Please let us know what is going on even if it's nothing.

Thanks!