Christmas..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Christmas..

Hi Everyone,
    I know its early, its towards the end of summer, the kids aren't back to school yet, but i'm starting to "Think Christmas"...Hallmark has its ornaments for this year out already.

I would like to see if we can get some type of "Christmas organization/shopping/decorating, etc" type club online going..to support and encourage one another.  i'm aiming to have my shopping done by thanksgiving.. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Re: Christmas..

laryan, you aren't thinking too early. My mom collects the annual "Disney" Hallmark ornament every year, and I think she buys it around Halloween, when it comes out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neena101511. Show Neena101511's posts

Hey Laryan, I'm a christmass fanatic I love it! I'm down if you want to start something. My goal is to be done shopping for almost everyone this year by thanksgiving to but we'll see how that works :/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Laryan,
    If you can get us all going right now, and I will have my Christmas shopping done by TG (a never fulfilled dream) - I am all for your 'club'. Count me in. - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm in charge of buying all the gifts every year after we decide together on a budget per person/couple, and DH's side of the family is the bulk of it since my side draws names for the adults so we only have to buy one.  I'd love to exchange ideas.  It's so hard to buy for people who essentially can buy anything they want and have everything anyway, not to mention that I haven't known them forever, either...it's very stressful, frankly.  I love Christmas, the true meaning of it, but the gift giving part is hardly my favorite.  This will be a fun way to deal with it.

Hm, I should have written down everything I bought last year so I don't give anyone the same gifts again...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hello all,
    Last night I went to BB&B - to buy 'the magic bullet' for my son. His b-day is coming up and he now has a very tiny kitchen. No room for large appliances.
    There was an intire mountain of them. Another lady bought five of them, and while doing so, we were chatting. She has one and absolutely love it. She uses it much more, than she uses her Vitamixer. Great for small jobs  - like grinding coffee beans, making a small dish of hummus or salsa or a one person smoothie, she said. These five was for Christmas. She told me, that she has been looking for them for some time, but they 'fly off the shelf'.
    Of course, I don't know anyone's budget. This one sells at BB&B for $49.99. With my 20% off coupon, I thought it was a good buy. (The price they advertise on TV  is $99 - buy one get one for free - plus shipping. BS - you really pay for  two.)
    I got another 20% coupon in the mail, after I returned home, so I am going back to buy another one today. Just hope they are not all gone. Will save that for a Christmas present for someone. I don' t know exactly who yet. But I think it is a good thing to start stocking up.

As a note - a friend of mine, collects the gifts she receive during the year. Then when gift giving comes around, she opens her 'gift closet' and select something, for whoever. It may be an option for some. Personally, I would never be able to do so.
    - Pingo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neena101511. Show Neena101511's posts

This may be a stupid question but, but Fiance's rents LOVE Scotch! He usually gets them a BIG bottle of like 10 year old stuff (I know nothing of scotch, sorry). But this year we're having X-mass in October because of the deployment so I was thinking maybe someone does a Scotch tasting instead of a wine tasting? If anyone know's of somewhere I would be VERY grateful if anyone has any information about something like this. Thank You!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

-----Fiance's rents LOVE Scotch! He usually gets them a BIG bottle of like 10 year old stuff.-----

Scotch tasting is done all the time. I am not a Scotch drinker (or any hard liqueur for that matter) - but I have been invited to a couple. 10 year old stuff is not very old according to Scotch connoisseur. They go for 15 or 18 year old stuff.

Btw. what is 'rents'. I suppose it should be PArents? Your keyboard has no 'p' and 'a'. If my DILs called me a 'rent' - not far from a runt - I would be pretty upset. Is this the new lingo? Just asking.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's the new lingo for parents. :)  Usually, people write it with an apostrophe.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neena101511. Show Neena101511's posts

Yes rents is lingo for Parents, sorry for the confusion. We call them that all the time, I never even thought that they may not like it...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Christmas huh...well just get me a new computer that doesnt break down...that's all I want    :)

Sections
Shortcuts