December 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

December 2011

Goood Morning....I just couldn't wait to get going this morning...Just sat down with a great cuppa that Honey made me and now...I am ready to hit the world like it owes me money....and what are you guys doing?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: December 2011

Happy Decemeber, everyone!!

Today?  Well, I'm still marooned here at Chez Kargiver since DH's keys haven't yet arrived from PA, but they are expected today.  

Are turkeys on sale after TG?  My folks did just a turkey breast which could have been good, but they did a way too salty rub and overcooked it.  Now, we have a craving for a juicy, tasty whole turkey.  Can't get it today, but I'm planning a "TG" dinner for the weekend if I can get a fresh/thawed one.

Our cable seems to be totally fixed despite not geting a NEW new box.  Hate to jinx it by saying so, but here's hoping.

I have to place an Amazon order.  We're running very low on pantry staples.

Oh, there's the teakettle...

Have a great day, everyone.  It's feeling a bit more wintery...apropos for December 1st.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good December morning,

I'm on my way out to have a fasting blood drawn, equipped with coupons for a couple of stores where I have to stop to make returns afterwards.  Might just treat myself to breakfast out too - I'll be starving by then.

Happy day, Icer.  This is such an exciting time with all the planning to do for the new babe.

I'll poke in later and see what's going on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

GL, tt!  And, yes, what a PERFECT day for a breakfast out - I'd be with you.  In fact, wish I were. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Love the holiday season.

I have been watching the ABC nightly news show with Diane Sawyer.  They are challenging America to spend at least $64 on "Made In America" items for holiday gifts.  They are saying it can create 200,000 american jobs right now.  Not sure I believe that but do believe if you can buy quality american items why not.
    So my DH and I are in.  I did look at some the item I bought already and have to say so far not one so I am on the hunt.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

LOL!  I posted in November.  I do that every month!  Thanks Kar for your psstt : )

ood morning ladies,

Brrrr, is it cold out today compared to what we have had recently.  Icer, congratulations!  I love the name Zachary.  Are they going to call him Zachary or Zach?  I worked with a woman who would get upset when people shortened her sons name, so just curious.  DH and I took DD on the Disney cruise back in 1990 for Christmas. I loved DW too!  Pingo I was amazed at how clean it was too.  I hope everyone is fine.  No time yesterday to catch up, just caught the gist of what was going on.  Have a good day!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Happy December everyone! Busy time of the year - but we all seem to get through it one way or another.
    Breakfast out is my specialty. I love it more than a big fancy dinner. Lately we found some realy nice breakfast places in our area. Much better and less expensive than Friendly's and IHOP. They have all been there for years; we just didn't look for them.
    Kar, there are some amazing turkey sales all around, but I doubt you can find a fresh one now. We bought our fresh one at TJ's - and it was really, really good. If you find one try to undercook it by 10 degrees and let it sit covered for an hour, before you slice it. First time I did that, and the meat was so moist and succulent.
    Office is calling today. Now that I am going on an amazing vacation, I have to get ahead of myself. We had an add in, and have been interviewing again. Had 11 interviewees already, but no material for our opening. Plus some of them are still collecting and only want to get paid "under the table". We can't and don't want to do that. This extending the unemployment benefits do no good to the small businesses like ours.
    Have to get going - have a nice day all.
    - Pingo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We try to buy American all year 'round.  DH dated me in spite of the fact that I owned a Honda, lol...well, seriously, actually.  The Honda has long since been replaced by a Ford.

However, there can be reasonable arguments made against buying all American made products regardless of price.  As non-intuitive as it might seem there's a lot to be said for the positive impact on the American economy of maintaining completely free trade (not counting politically driven trade sanctions).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, absolutely, I HATE dry, overcooked anything, and so many people are so afraid of undercooking it that they get the bird up to its final temperature in the oven.  Then, 10 degrees later on the counter it's ruined.  A real shame.  I was hoping they'd have fresh turkeys through December, but I guess that doesn't really make sense...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I am ALL for buying American, and I try whenever I can. Truly! But sometimes one has to do, what is good for you and your pocket book. We have owned American cars in the past - they were always in the garage. Despite us taking good care of them. For years we drove German cars (DH still do). They were dependable. Now I own a Honda - just love it. Until the American automobile industry make better cars, I just can't pour my money into an inferior product.
    But besides that, smaller purchases I always try to go American, whenever possible. Naturally, I am partial to Scandinavian products. Please don't beat me up for that - Pingo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I really never pay attention to where the product is from or made.  I do own a foreign car and will not buy american and neither will DH.  If things change in that industry then maybe but don't see it happening.

This did make me think that on some of the smaller purchases I certainly can buy american made.  Issue is sometimes finding them.........

No judgement on my part either way:)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I try to buy American and have done so for years..Its not easy...I especially look at leather products..Motorcycling and leather go hand in hand..as it adds an extra layer of protection...but....most leather goods(when I was buying leather) was made in Pakistan...For the past few years I believe Bin Ladin was in Pakistan and did not want to support that economy...But leather can be made here just as easily

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Is it amazing how hard it is........ crazy

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm as pro-America as one can be, but all boats rise with the free trade tide so as non-intuitive as it might seem don't beat yourself up over how hard it is to stick to the "buy American" standard we're used to assuming is best for the country.  There's far more to the equation than it seems.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Back from one shopping expedition, pit stop, and now set to head out for another.  Besides returns and breakfast out (Lendy's Deli), spied a couple of more basket filler items.  I'm very aware of "made in USA", but altho most items say "distributed by - ----- co, PA" underneath I find made in Pakistan, Made in China, Made in everywhere but USA.  Discouraging.  I'm also very afraid of buying anything that food is presented on, that is made in China.  Off I go.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What was for breakfast at Lendy's, tt?  I'm so jealous...I can't go anywhere so of course I want to all the more.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just got back in from last shopping expedition today, my fingers are all scrunched up from carrying the bags - breakfast was a vegetarian omelet (peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms), came with home fries and an English muffin and coffee.  Very good.

Must go grab something to drink and watch Y&R.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mmm, lovely.  I just had lunch, "fake" crab salad.  Not terrible, but pretty salty.  I think I'll wash it down with a tasty beer.  Cheers!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Bought the plain wreath and decorations to make a wreath for the front door, when I was out at Michael's this morning.  They were having big markdowns.  Maybe tomorrow I'll tackle that.  Luckily, that sales clerk I can't stand wasn't on today. So nice to just go up to the counter, present your coupon, and get no flack.

Going to my GS's first basketball game this Sat, Winter.  Happens his mother has a school fair to go to, so there'll be room for son to pick me up.  Looking forward to seeing him play this year.  It's just come natural to  him, and he's getting taller, which helps too.  Funny because his father was a great hockey player and we all had hopes of his son naturally inheriting that gift.  He gave it a try, but basketball and flag football are his passions.

I had my fun playing in the stores this morning, so now it's time to do some cleaning around here.  Back of my house doesn' t get any sun in the afternoon, and I hate working around those rooms, would rather sit right in this nice sunny room, but since I don't have a cleaning lady, guess it falls to me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Did you catch the Y&R program? Nikki didn' do it ...IMO

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Soooo cold...must...start...stove...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: December 2011:
    [QUOTE]Did you catch the Y&R program? Nikki didn' do it ...IMO
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]

Do you think it was that bartender who's befriending her?  Would have to be if he's claiming he saw her do it, right?

I'm tired of her same old same old role of hitting the bottle.  That's a theme that's getting old.

Just watched Dr. Phil with domestic abuse - wife beating the husband.  He's ready to divorce her, no hesitation, and Dr. Phil is trying to talk him into waiting 45 days to see what miraculous changes they can bring about with counseling - all this while saying out of the other side of his mouth, "Do not under any circumstances, leave her alone for even an instant with your 2 year old dau or 6 month son" ???? Come on, if she's that bad, get the h*ll away from her.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I saw it and thought the same thing, tt. What the heck is Dr. Phil thinking?  Men can and do get killed by their wives.  What does he think 45 days of counseling is going to do?  She's got serious problems.  But, I have to say that I don't think the husband will give it that chance; he was just saying so to tell Dr. Phil what he wanted to hear and not look like a bad guy unwilling to give her the last chance Dr. Phil was talking about on national TV.  The tears in his eyes and the fact that he immediately calculated the DATE that he'd be "off the hook" said to me that he's walking no matter what.  And, imo, he should.  She cheated on him simply because he wasn't around while he was deployed?!  Done.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

About the Dr. Phil show...I feel like his shows are good for some...but not for others..That man is done...When I was in culinary arts school...I had a very colorful teacher Miss Martin...Anyone here know of a Martin's Bakery on the Cape? Back in the day60-70's..Anywho...She used to say..."When its brown its done...When its black its finished"...Their relationship is black

Y&R..They do a few repeat themes..Patti/Emily...I mean..Ashley is on the phone..Tucker has to go to Chicago to see her....PAAAALEASE...

and yes...I suspect Nikki has been in and out of that bottle for years....I am shocked she hasn't switched to pills. But I think SHE thinks she killed her...but I am not convinced she did...Wouldn't it just be a kick in the pants if its Malloy?
    Skeaking of Malloy...Although I just love the fact that Phyllis is no longer pining away for that wishy washy Nick...I find the sultry whispering and double meaning statments.."Oh...I didn't see your participle dangling there...whooops..we just had s#x" Anyway...its a bit much..but I do spend a lot of time laughing hysterically in the kitchen...and after all...Isn't that why we watch?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Love that baker's saying, icer!

Sections
Shortcuts