December 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: December 2011

I haven't bought them in ages.  I guess I am going to get sticker shock!  Food prices are just through the roof. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: December 2011:
    [QUOTE]Not 20 year olds, Kargiver, but those having been in marriages for 20-25 years.  Anyway, it's a sad state of affairs, affects everyone in the families.  SILs of neighbor are totally disgusted with her and the way she has jumped back in thinking she can continue to manipulate their marriages.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]\

Oh, sorry, tt - was hurrying.  They've been married 4 years.  His misery is all the more sickening since he waited so long.  Too bad that woman can't move on and build a new, happy life for herself and allow everyone in the family to do the same...sad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

SS, I know you were planning on hitting a couple of the same stores as me - only in different cities - today.  Are you still planning on going?  It's still raining here, so have dressed in my old stay-at-home clothes.  If it clears up this afternoon I'll hop out for a bit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I am headin out to that supermarket with the Wacky Wnesday thing...Chi breast bone in ...89 cents a pound

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Thank you, November - and good luck w/ your first OB visit.
    I didn't know, what pinwheel cookies was, so I googled them. Amazon sells them. $51 for 12 packages or $43 for 6 packages. And that is with free Prime shipping. Talking about sticker shock here; can't imagine what the stores sells them for.
    Woke up to this heavy rainy day. It somehow don't fit in my schedule - leaving for Disney on Friday, I have thousands of errands to do. Well a raincoat and my trusty umbrella will have to do. Among other things, I have to pick up a script for DH at Costco. I just hate that parking lot in this kind of weather. It is always windy there - no matter when, but add heavy rain to the mixture and you are in the pits.
    Kar, sorry to hear your friend breaking up his marriage. 4 years? Not a very long time to build a lasting relation ship. Hope there are no children involved, and that he can get on with his life.
    Dinner last night was ok. Chinese. Just soup, Pad Thai and a spicy shrimp/scallop dish. But I don't really enjoy going out to eat after work; I am just too damn tired to enjoy it.
    Nice photo of your dogs, Amber. Amazing they would sit still for a photo. Guess that Santa and his elf must be well trained. Happy to hear your niece is doing well. But I am sure it is still touch and go for the family.
    Interesting to hear, tt - that your neighbor moved back with his wife. Maybe they have a chance, now that the GS is gone. At least living like room mates. My old book keeper is doing just that. She was separated for more than 10 years, never finalized the divorce. When they both retired, DH moved back home. Now they give each other company and seem pretty happy  together. Each to their own.
    Everyone stay dry  - Pingo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks Pingo for your well wishes for my niece.  Long road ahead, but nice to have hope.  That was actually Princess's dogs : )  Be careful driving out there, raining very heavy here and suppose to drop in temp and continue raining, so watch for icy roads.  I know you must be getting excited for Friday : )

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

So sorry Amber and Princess. I did know it was Princess' dogs. - No idea, how I could mix you up. At least I am old enough to blame it on "senior moments".
    Well, Princess - nice photo of your dogs.
    I am ready to go out, and I am not too happy about it. I will be soaked before I reach my office. - Pingo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Love Wacky We

nesday

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Good deal, Icer.  Too bad chicken and I aren't getting along these days.  =(  Apparently baby is like mama and would prefer red meat anyways.

We're back from the appt and all is well.  Right on track and baby's heart is beating steady at 180 bpm.  Dr was pleased and I am thrilled. Also got the OK to go ahead with my anual Xmas eve mani/pedi.  DH couldn't make it to the appt so I recorded it on video on my phone and texted it to him.  Technology is great, huh?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

So happy to hear all is well November.  Technology is something else for sure!  I work for a technology company and the young guys in here are something else. I get a lot of good information from them.  When you said you got the go ahead to have your anual Xmas eve mani/pedi, did you mean from your doctor??  Just curious

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Glad to hear all is well, Novem.  So exciting to hear the little one's heartbeat.

Icer, that's a good deal on the chicken.  Wonder if SS went there today, I know she loves those Wacky Wednesday's too.

Making a cup of coffee and semi watching Y&R.  Have to get up into the attic afterwards and check out what gift bags I have left from last Christmas, and what I'll need for this year.  Wrapping the kids' things in paper and ribbon tied bows this year.  Want to make a list of "to gets" for the baskets too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Yes, Amber.  I have heard both ways that pedis are ok/not ok in early pg - plus all the fumes.  She said it was fine to do it - to relax and enjoy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I was never told that when I was pregnant. Things are so different today with the dos and don'ts.  Facinating to me. Thanks for explaining Winter : )

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I was only in a pedi place once, when my DIL had arranged for me to have one along with her.  I couldn't stand the fumes, had to wait outside.  So, I'm sure there are differences in different establishments.

ETA:  I'm off to the attic - if I don't return within the hour, send out rescue crews!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just came to the office, absolutely soaked. If you don't have to go out - don't. It is not nice out there, and the traffic is awful. Don't know, what is wrong with people. As soon as it rains or snow, they don't know, how to drive. Also, for some reason there were lots of 16 wheelers on the hwys.
    Speaking of snow. They predict, we are not going to have any accumulations in the Boston area, but sorry Kar, you are "it" again. Hope for you your DH will be back to plow you out.
    Well, got all my necessary errands done. Now better start working. I may have to stay late tonight, as I am not planning to come in tmw. I have to get ready for leaving Friday. Packing, take care of all my plants, locking up the house etc. Lots of chores, that seem  easy enough, but takes time. Plus it is DH birthday, so I want to be able cook him a nice dinner. He loves roasted duck, but I doubt, I can find a fresh one today. - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Back, with not a whole lot accomplished.  I do have suitable gift bags for what I need, dragged a couple of plastic bins of  holiday decorations out into the room, but that sloped roof gets to you.

Light rain here now, so put the trash out for tomorrow.  Hope nothing gets into it overnight, that plastic bag from freezer with meat wrappers is included in what went out.  I was too late last week, so don't want to miss pick up again this week.

How long will you be gone, Pingo?  Hope you have glorious weather down there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt,
    I hope your trash stays well. We can't put ours out, unless we find it a pleasure to clean it up the next morning. Roaming animals everywhere. I am sure they would love your scrap bag.
    Amber, I almost spit out my coffee over your new sign off. I also found it interesting, that one cannot have pedi/mani being pregnant. Never heard of it. I am extremely sensitive to fumes, but when having pedicures, I never had a problem. No fumy smell at all. I guess these days, they use products much safer for us aa well as the environment.
    tt tells us the rain has slowed down. Hope everyone will have a decent commute home. - Pingo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

The cheapest I have seen the pinwheels for (Nabisco) is $5.69 a package.  They have a cookie on the bottom, marshmallow heaped on and then covered in dark chocolate.....you can't eat just one....I can't anyway.  They remind me a little of the treats I used to get at The South Shore Plaza at Brighams, only theres had walnuts in them.
    I didn't get to any stores today, with the rain and me not being able to hurry I would have drowned!!  So.....I stayed home and got a head start on wrapping the gifts.
    Icer, didn't mind missing the chicken at our terrific store, we had chicken last night for supper, sandwiches for lunch, theres another one in the freezer and at long last I found a fowl, so frigasee will be on the menu too.  Tonites an easy nite,  sauce, meatballs, & sausage, just have to cook the spaghetti.  ss

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Wow, they did get expensive ss.  Been forever since I bought them, but I think I might splurge as a Christmas gift to myself.  I can't eat just one either : )  Your dinner sounds delicious tonight.  tt, what are you cooking or did I overstay my welcome last night with my 2 helpings?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber, I love your new signature.  Pingo, you are going for 7 days right?  You will have such a good time.  My parents went to Disney one year during Christmas.  I was sad (though I was in my 20s and married) but that had a blast and the pictures they took were great.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

DH and I took DD at Christmas in 1990.  We left Christmas Eve on the Big Red Boat and came home New Years Day.  I still love looking at the albums.  Would love to go back some day.  I think you will love it Pingo.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nov, congrats on another healthy, fun appointment and yay for getting the go ahead for your traditional mani/pedi!  Any new photos?

ss, I love those pinwheels - the texture contrasts are unmatched in any other cookie.

My dear friend needed to talk more than I needed to shop so I didn't get to that, but that's OK, I can go tomorrow.

DH will be home at 7:30 after a long workday away from the office and drive.  So, I have about 45 minutes before I need to get the rest of dinner (I've prepped some already), and I want to do a few more things around here before that not the least of which are the toilets.  Oh, boy!

Have a great night, everyone,
    ~kar

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning friends.  I wore the wrong coat today as I wasn't expecting it too be so cold, spoiled because of the nice weather we've been having.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: December 2011:
    [QUOTE]Good morning friends.  I wore the wrong coat today as I wasn't expecting it too be so cold, spoiled because of the nice weather we've been having.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

Unless you listened to the weather forecast, you wouldn't have any idea of the temp either, Winter.  The sun's out and it looks so nice.  Surprised to hear how low the temp has dipped in some spots, especially out towards Kargiver's way.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I only knew it was coming since DH watches the weather like a hawk and asked me to pick the beets and cabbage.  Before I met him, I never had a clue what the forecast was; he'd always ask me, "What's the temp in Framingham?  What will it be tomorrow?" and I wondered if he were really into me - what kind of signal was asking me about the weather all the time, after all?!  Come to find out, it's an extremely engaging topic to him.  Who knew? LOL! And, yup, we got snow, but no more than an inch.

My fillings got rescheduled for today...ugh.  Then, will be working on our "Thanksgiving" dinner, roasting a 12 lb turkey, making stuffing, etc.

Enjoy the sunshine, everyone, even if temps did drop...'twas inevitable, I guess.

Blessings,
    ~kar 

Sections
Shortcuts