December 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: December 2011

Would you be offended if I didn't bake them? :)

Good morning!

Gracie kept us up all night...I think she had a stomach ache, but maybe she just slept too much yesterday since I was gone quite awhile and then was busy preparing "Thanksgiving" dinner all afternoon.  Today, I'm on Mission Wear Gracie to a Frazzle...not sure of the details yet, but I know it does not include her snoozing in front of the wood stove.

But, speaking of the turkey dinner...Mmmm!  I thawed some of our garden green beans and made Paula Deen's casserole recipe (w/our onions, too). Our butternut squash and mashed potatoes (they didn't all go bad) were on the menu, too.  And, it was ready 15 minutes after DH got home!  What a great day.

I'm polishing off my breakfast and cuppa here...turkey "dinner"!  LOL

And, TGIF, right?!  

Have a great day,
    ~kar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: December 2011:
    [QUOTE]Would you be offended if I didn't bake them? :) Good morning! Gracie kept us up all night...I think she had a stomach ache, but maybe she just slept too much yesterday since I was gone quite awhile and then was busy preparing "Thanksgiving" dinner all afternoon.  Today, I'm on Mission Wear Gracie to a Frazzle...not sure of the details yet, but I know it does not include her snoozing in front of the wood stove. But, speaking of the turkey dinner...Mmmm!  I thawed some of our garden green beans and made Paula Deen's casserole recipe (w/our onions, too). Our butternut squash and mashed potatoes (they didn't all go bad) were on the menu, too.  And, it was ready 15 minutes after DH got home!  What a great day. I'm polishing off my breakfast and cuppa here...turkey "dinner"!  LOL And, TGIF, right?!   Have a great day, ~kar
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

I only posted the recipe because mm asked for it, and Winter expressed interest.  No pressure intended for anyone.  I myself haven't even baked them in years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I didn't say I wouldn't MAKE them...you might recall I'm the girl who doesn't add the levening ingredients to cookies since they never make it to the oven...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  TGIF everyone.  Work party was good and next Wednesday we will have the Pot Luck lunch.  I'm making American Chop Suey in the crockpot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I used to steal my great-grandmother's fridge cookies; they'd be 1/2 gone before she went to bake them.

Winter, my engineering group at work did a potluck Christmas extravaganza...I miss it. ;)  Enjoy!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: December 2011:
    [QUOTE]Good morning everyone.  TGIF everyone.  Work party was good and next Wednesday we will have the Pot Luck lunch.  I'm making American Chop Suey in the crockpot.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

Glad you enjoyed the party, Winter.  Love this time of year when there is so much going on.  The pot luck lunch sounds good - so does American chop suey - haven't made that in a while.  My day today will be making the mocha cakes and cracker/chocolate candy and packaging them up for the party tomorrow. A friend I used to work with is picking me up mid day tomorrow and we'll drive to Burlington to another girl's home, where a 4th girl and husband will pick us all up so we can ride together out to the party.  Finally found something in my closet to wear - a ruffled sweater I had worn to my birthday celebration a year, or was it two, ago.  Debated back and forth about getting my hair cut, decided it didn't need it, and now of course today, I wish I had!  Ah well, there'll be other more beautiful things to concentrate on there, rather than my hair.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Did you see I meant I literally wouldn't bake them, tt?  I eat all cookies raw.  It was supposed to be a joke on myself about my penchant to eat cookie dough, but I guess I missed the mark.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

I was sick yesterday with a stomach bug.  Not feeling that great today and kind of wish I took today off, but I only have one day left and need to use it for my doctor appointment on the 23rd.  I don't get a lot of PTO time so I use it as best I can.  Pingo, not sure if I missed you, but I hope you have a wonderful time in DW.  It was magical backin 1990, can't imagine how much better it is now.  I hope everyone has a great day and thank you all for your kind wishes for my niece. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

RG, you obviously don't like Kar and that is fine, but to constantly needle her is immature and frankly boring. You are too old for this behavior.  No need to come here and do that.  I am asking you nicely to stop.  The CC is a fun place and we try to avoid drama. If you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything. I'm sure your mother taught you that and you taught your DD that.  Now lead by example.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sorry you're under the weather, Amber.  There are bugs going around, talked with a friend last night who has come down with a horrific cold.

Yes, Kargiver, I did realize when you posted again, that you meant the dough would be devoured before it could be baked!  I'm slow on the uptake this morning, not awake yet after a night's worth of dream upon dream upon dream.  Going to have some breakfast and coffee, maybe that will perk up the old senses!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks tt. My manager has a horrific cold too.  I am praying he doesn't come in as he can work from home.  But he does come in sick occasionally and it irritates me to no end. I have caught colds from him and since I am prone to bronchitis, I always end up at the doctors.  Still iffy today as the bus and train didn't help my stomach.  Came close to turning around, but will stick it out since it is Friday thank God.  Good thing is I have no appetite, so won't be bothering you tt for lunch for dinner : )

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I don't understand why people with terrible colds aren't more considerate of others.  Friend I talked with last night said she had been running a fever, blowing and hacking, but still went to a planned luncheon - "to spread germs around, haha".  I bit my tongue so I wouldn't say, "Why would you do that?"  She spoke of us getting together before Christmas and I told her right out "only if your cold is gone.  No way do I want to catch that, especially right before Christmas."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Standing at the kitchen window, making my oatmeal this morning, and watching the sparrows.  I'm so surprised - they all fly right into or right underneath the two shrubs that Handsome Harry hides under.  I realize they must know he's not there right now, but it almost looks as tho they have nests inside.  I'm amazed that I don't find more feathers on the ground - that he doesn't sneak up on them more. Maybe because he's such a "talker", he gives himself away.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

I loved the printed version of CC.....I met the editor once....wrote for years.  Shared lots of crocheted patterns and recipes.  I started writing in the late 50's. Loved getting those huge envelopes in the mail with answers to your latest post or request....your right mm, this is lots quicker!! ss

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Pingo, Safe journey, know you will have a blast....we went DW in 1989, the memories are so vivid they seem like last week.....thought I was dreaming, it sure is a wonderland, bet at Christmas it is more so then at other times.  Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours. ss

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

SS wished you lived closer.  We could set up a production line with those mocha cakes, I'd jam the sides, you'd roll in coconut, I'd squiggle the chocolate frosting around the rim, and I have a teeny tiny spoon you could put a dollop of raspberry jam in the centers!  We'd be done in no time, and I bet there'd even be a couple of extras we could have with a cuppa!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all,
    Kar, please mention your wood stove in ALL your posts. Will you? Followed by a photo every third or so would be even better. What a nerve. Sounds like jealousy to me. This poster always stop in just to criticise.
    Amber, sorry you are not feeling well. I woke up this morning with some stomach "rumbles". Figured it was the nerves, I always get when we have to travel some place. But it seems to be a bit more than that. Made myself some ginger tea (grated a bunch of fresh ginger and simmered it for 4 minutes, then strained it), hope it will work. Right now I am not feeling so hot.
    Winter, glad you enjoyed your party. I just love the idea of a potluck Christmas lunch in office. We used to take the company out for dinner with spouses. Then we had (and I say had) a couple of employees, that complained and charged OT hours for the dinner. So we stopped that, and have taken our employees out for a Christmas lunch instead for the past few years. But it isn't working. Some of the young and newer employees don't show up and consider it a half day off. I have already made reservations for this year's luncheon at Paparazzi's, but next year I will definitely consider a potluck lunch in the office.
    tt, enjoy your party tmw. Looks like you have it all set up as far as a ride is concerned. I bet those cracker/choc candy will be a hit at the party. They always are, when I bring them.
    I am all packed. Leaving at noon time. Take care of the Chat, while I am gone.
    Will miss you all - Pingo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I thought you had caught an early flight, Pingo.  Sorry your stomach is acting up.  Hopefully, it is just nerves, and once you're actually on your way, it will clear up. Hope you all have a wonderful time.  Remember funny happenings to tell us when you get back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar, you will find this interesting.  Going back to work after being laid off, I was sick so much that first year.  I attributed to the trains and buses for sure.  But that seems to have eased up. I caught this stomach bug from a co-worker.  I think we do build an immunity to the germs on the T.  Just my thought on that. 
    I know RG picks on a lot of people, but it is especially mean to Kar and I don't like that behavior at all.  It is unwarrented and undeserved.  I hope she will take my request to kindly stop to heart.  
    Pingo, your employees have no idea how lucky they are.  My company does absolutely nothing for the Holidays.  No lunch, dinner not even cheese and crackers.  Never lets us leave early on Christmas Eve or the Eve of any Holiday.  So not use to it, but it is what it is.  I pray you are not getting sick...   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I worked for 20 years in a hospital, and built up an immunity to most everything.  Was exposed to so many germs, yet I never caught a cold/flu whatever.  A very healthy period in my life.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Exactly tt.  I don't think I have gotten sick from the T since I have been back to work.  It is the martyr's in my office who feel they MUST come in.  My boss is the worse offender considering he is only here 2 days a week, so it is not necessary at all. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

You hit the nail on the head Kar.  We now get PTO time.  Much less time too than I am use to. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, we had "unlimited" sick time, and it was respected by most employees, but like Pingo experienced, it was the few that ruined it for the rest.  So, we got our regular vacation time and then 4 days beyond that in a bucket labled PTO.  So, of course, people translated that to "4 extra vaction days," and came into to work on death's door, spreading, spreading, spreading.

Thanks for your kind comments, by the way - I have hesitated acknowledging them simply to avoid fanning the fire, but I do appreciate it.  rdg's comments don't make their mark with respect to hurting me, but they are disruptive nonetheless.

Gracie's out chasing crows...well, as far as the fence will let her.  I'll get myself put together before she wants to come in and we'll be on our way.  I wish the coast were closer - we had a BLAST at Crane Beach, and now her leg is 100% healed so I don't have to worry about her rough-housing.  Oh, well...maybe we'll have a mild winter and I can take her after New Year's.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

You hold your own with her Kar : )  But it just got ridiculous and wanted to appeal to her to stop.  You are well liked here and it got under my skin in a big way.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts