December 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: December 2011

Amber, too bad you got a cold at work.  We get 1 sick day a month and we can roll them over for the next year.  It helped me out when I had my knee surgery last year and needed to use 23 days.  I also get 15 vacation days, and I am very blessed for that. 
    Pingo, I hope the ginger settled your stomach.  When are you due back?  Have a great flight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, all this talk of mocha cake.  Not sure what's in it, but now I'd like a piece please.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: December 2011:
    [QUOTE]tt, all this talk of mocha cake.  Not sure what's in it, but now I'd like a piece please.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

Mocha cakes are little cupcakes, raspberry jam on the sides and then rolled in coconut.  The tops have chocolate frosting around the edge, and a dollop of raspberry jam in the center.  you'll recognize them when you see them - bakeries carry them.  I'll post a pic when they are done.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

It sounds like quite an effort to make them, and I will miss the photo of them.
    - Pingo

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: December 2011 : Mocha cakes are little cupcakes, raspberry jam on the sides and then rolled in coconut.  The tops have chocolate frosting around the edge, and a dollop of raspberry jam in the center.  you'll recognize them when you see them - bakeries carry them.  I'll post a pic when they are done.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE] It sounds like quite an effort to make them, and I will miss the photo of them. - Pingo In Response to Re: December 2011 :
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

Ah but SS is on her way over to help on the production line - - right, SS?

ETA:  SS?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

They sound good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Now just killing nerves. Dh is always rushing in late, when we have to travel. Try to give the last minutes instructions to everyone. Luggage is at the door. Stomach is fine - the ginger tea did it's trick. Even though I have no appetite, and DS have made reservations at the Moroccan restaurant in Epcot tonight to celebrate Dad's Birthday yesterday. Have to fake it if needed be. Fortunately, I never get travel sick.
    Will turn off the computer in a few. Hope you all have a great week w/o snow.
    Blessings - Pingo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Bon voyage Pingo!  Enjoy.  You'll be missed!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Bye Pingo!!  You will love the restaurants at Epcot. You would swear you were in that country!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I haven't posted any pictures of Yoda in awhile.  My son was able to capture him last weekend.  Here he is sitting on DH's lap. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Winter you get 12 sick days and 15 vacation days?  I am so jealous...  I use to get 4 weeks vacation, 3 personal days and 7 sick days at my last job.  I get 17 PTO days total now.....  not enough for sure..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh Winter, how beyond cute is he!!  He looks very comfortable and is looking right at you! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I think he was saying, please tell that little boy to stop catching me. 

Yes we earn one sick day a month, now I'm sure they don't want us to use them all, unless we have a valid reason.  I'm lucky I had them for my surgery becuase I had no vacation left last year in December and I don't have short or long term disability.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I've made 36, but put just as few on this plate so you could see the sides as well. Mocha Cakes

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

My appetite is officially back....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm sure where you haven't been feeling well, they don't appeal to you, Amber. They are rich and oh, so good.  SS never showed up, so I had mine without her.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, what kind of cake in the cupcake :) I'd like one plesae.  I can bring some wine.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Don't under estimate the power of a sweet tooth tt...  I def want one (or 2) and I'll take a glass of wine Winter if you don't mind.  This way if I don't feel good, I won't notice!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The cupcakes are just made out of a yellow cake mix.  I'm a little disappointed in the frosting I made - should have been firmer, but you know how it is when you're getting to the end of a project, you just want to get it done., and I was afraid I was going to run out of confectioners sugar.  I'm also now thinking I should have made them in a mini cupcake pans, but that would have taken me much too long and would have been too painstaking to roll, frost and dob all that those little ones.

ETA:  It's different when you have someone with you in a production line, helping - not casting any stones, however, SS.

Off to make the candy now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

So its just the frosting that is mocha?  I thought the whole cake was mocha.  I'm not complaining - I'll still have one.  Just making sure I am well informed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The frosting is not even mocha in mine, November.  I think originally the chocolate frosting had a bit of coffee in it, making it mocha.  Probably to fit my boys' taste buds, I just do mine with chocolate frosting.  See how recipes evolve as they pass from hand to hand - this was not even a recipe per se, but something someone way back in one of my jobs, told me about, like the kielbasa/brown sugar, sort of a cheat way to make the real thing.  It's been eons since I've had one from a bakery, tho had them all the time as a kid, and for the life of me I can't remember if the frosting had a taste of coffee.  Icer would know how the bakeries make the real things. Fill us in, Icer?

Oh, and btw, there are no extras, sorry.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

tt, I was on my way over, then turned around and came back home, the way I love Mocha cakes (my Mom and I used to feast on them when I stopped in the bakery on my way home from work) you wouldn't  have had any (not many anyway) left to take to the party./....ss

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Do you remember if the frosting had a taste of coffee?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

NIce looking Mocha Cakes TT...In a bakery mocha cakes are yellow sponge cake filled with ras filling and rolled...After they set a little in a fridge or freezer the are rolled in ras with cocoanut..and yes some bakeries put a little coffee in their frosting to make the mocha taste...in more recent years coffe flavor has been used to avoid adding caffeine to the Mocha cakes..I do not know where mocha cakes came from but seeing them reminded me of a story I would like to share.

Escoffier was a great chef, he loved music and in fact loved the Opera...When the soprano singer, Nellie Melba came to his hotel he created Peach melba....in her honor...well a few years later when the singer returned she told the chef ,please no Peach Melba...I am on a diet...This is when Escoffier came up with Melba toast...Just a little Friday Fun Fact

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Great story Icer!