December 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: December 2011

Cute story, Icer.

I guess I've stayed pretty close to true with the mocha cakes then, mine are yellow cake instead of sponge, they have a big dollop of rasp jam on top, surrounded by choc frosting, and the sides are frosted with rasp jam and then rolled in coconut.  Whatever concoction, I love them.  Ohhed and ahhed over every bite today.

ETA:  There's always an extra one for the baker - in this house at least!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Too bad there are no extras.  I don't really like coffee all that much, except coffee ice cream, but I love mocha flavored things.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: December 2011:
    [QUOTE]Too bad there are no extras.  I don't really like coffee all that much, except coffee ice cream, but I love mocha flavored things.
    Posted by Novembride[/QUOTE]

BUT, these aren't mocha flavored, Novem, so you're not missing out on anything!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I'm still missing out on yellow cake with chocolate, raspberry and coconut!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

True.

I probably won't be on tomorrow, so everyone have a good week-end.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

You mean you don't want the wine in exchange for the cake??  Have a good weekend as well. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Have a great weekend tt!  Everyone else too : )

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: December 2011:
    [QUOTE]You mean you don't want the wine in exchange for the cake??  Have a good weekend as well. 
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE

Well, I am all out of pinot grigio.  Just between you and me, there are a couple of extras that wouldn't fit in my carriers - - -

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

OK.  I'll see you at 6?? :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sounds good.  (Don't tell Amber)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

sniff.... sniff.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Have a good weekend everyone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Psst..Amber I'll pick you up at the train station...shhh... :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OMG, I'm too late checking in...can't make it even at 100 mph at this point.  Enjoy!

Gracie and I had a fun time and successful trip.  No particular bargains, but I got nice things w/in the Christmas drawing price limit for a couple of names we got and a few more items for the kids (they are not in the drawing).  Hopefully, Gracie is tuckered out and will sleep all night!

Pumpkin bread is about 10 minutes from going in the oven...dinner's all ready - turkey dinner leftovers. :)

Great weekend to everyone.  Be safe, friends.

~kar

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Happy weekend everybody.  tt, have a nice time tomorrow.  By the way, your peppermint cracker candy looks yummy. 

kar, nothing better than turkey dinner leftovers.  When the kids were growing up, we used to go to my MIL every Thanksgiving.  Within a week after returning home, I made a turkey dinner for the leftovers.  Will you make soup?  I almost threw the carcass away this year but didn't at the last minute.  There was a lot of meat left on the bird.  Made a great soup.  I added parsnips to the mix this year and it was delicious.  

Left work early today.  I had to be in at 7:00 and was pooped by 3:00.  Collected my father and we drove to Kellys in Saugus for lobster rolls and chowder.  Took in the Christmas lights along the Lynn Fells on the way home.  One or two houses loaded with lights but not as many as usual.

mothermitzi  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

I don't understand why my text does not line up on the left.  When I type a post it does.  When the post shows up, some lines are indented.  Crazy. I seem to be the only one with this problem.

mothermitzi  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

mm, your post appears normal to me...  Oh, yeah, turkey soup is on the agenda for today.  We have a perfect carcas and just enough meat left for a good balance b/w turkey and veggies.  

DH will be taking Gracie for her Saturday run in the woods, but he's watching a taped episode of Gold Rush, his favorite.  Those poor guys seem to want to reinvent the wheel as if no one has ever mined gold before.  They run (or don't run as the case usually is) on a jury rig and a prayer.  It's got to be an act.  Anyone else watch?

Aside from soup, I'll be taking inventory of the gifts we have and still need.  Plus, making the Christmas card.  No, we don't have a family photo, yet, but I can at least get started so I can plunk it in as the final touch and order them.

Anything good going on today?

~kar

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Looks nice and sunny, but I haven't been out yet.  Got the picture cards unwrapped and ready to go. I have to write notes with some and got special insert cards for those.  Also made up a diagram of who's who in the photo and just finished signing the back of each card.  They will go in the mail later today.  I am never this early with my cards.  Also lined up all the presents and stocking stuffers I have (shades of you and tt!) to see what I have and what I still need to get.  

Tonight, I'm going to a house party that longtime friends host.  Always a good time.  They haven't had it for a couple of years and I'm looking forward to seeing old friends.  Tomorrow, we have a neighborhood party in the afternoon.  I volunteered to bring swedish meatballs and need to make them this afternoon.

Don't watch Gold Rush, but I remember seeing it advertised.  I like Amazing Race and last night I watched two episodes of American Pickers.  Love my tivo!   Maybe I can squeeze a walk into this schedule.  Have a great day.

mothermitzi

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

mm, good job with the photos - you really put a lot more into than most, and I know it's appreciated.  

Enjoy your party tonight and catching up; that's the best part of the season to me.

We're going to take a self-portrait in front of the fireplace tonight, and I'll make/order the cards tomorrow.  We probably won't get them in the mail in time, but close enough.

Gold Rush is a guy show, I think - I just laugh at their obviously scripted foibles.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

I think you still have time to get the cards and mail them for Christmas. I used Shutterfly and the mailing was free.  There are a lot of good deals out there.  Did the whole thing online.  It was so easy!

mothermitzi 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, yeah, I guess I probably do have time, but feeling overwhelmed with the whole Christmas "thing" right now.

The turkey carcas went into the pot...now, for the veggies and herbs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well, we didn't get to the photo, but the turkey soup was worth the all day effort.  Got the new vacuum cleaner head in the mail today; I've never been so excited to vacuum!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning - anybody out there?  

DH just took a well-brushed, moisturized, nail clipped Gracie on their woodsy walk...it's gonna be a cold one!  It was 59 in the house, but it's up to 64 and climbing.  It's going to be a light cooking, heavy cleaning day.  DH and Gracie will be back before 11 since the neighbor's teen is coming over to help DH with outside chores.  He calls when he's short on cash, and he likes the "employee benefit" of free homemade lunch and TV break with me and DH.  He's a good kid, growing up fast.  A few years ago, he was more of a charity case than a help to DH, lol, but now earns his pay.  

So, I've gotta get a move on so I can get the chores done before I need to whip up the biscuits to go with the turkey soup.

The sunshine is not doing much for the temp, but it sure is beautifully bright.  Enjoy your day, everyone!

~kar

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Looks like CC is the life and times of kargiver today.

Well, for anyone tuning in, DH and the neighbor's kid just finished a lunch of turkey soup and fresh, hot, and dare I say elegant biscuits.  Pumpkin bread for dessert.  Warm and full, they are heading back out to work in the cold.  

I've vacuumed the living room area rug 4 times, emptying the bag each time.  2 months of no vacuuming really allows dust and dog hair to accumlate!  It's taking a long time to get it all back on track.  Next up, dining room.  There will be so much dusting to do after this, too!

DH and his helper broke open our ornamental pumpkins and scooped out the seeds for me to roast this afternoon, too.

There's the dryer beep - I'm washing all the dog's beds, blankets, and our throws/afghans to minimize the dust; it's a never ending battle.  

If you're still awake, have a good afternoon.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi there, homemaker Kargiver!  Just waved goodbye to my nephew and his wife, and realize I've definitely got to do some baking to replenish the freezer, for gifts to send along with drop in guests.  Slim pickens I had today to give them for lunch, just a couple of pieces of Paul Newman's veggie pizza left from my lunch, a huge "kitchen sink" salad, and for dessert, they had to split the last of the mocha cakes!

Party yesterday was great, tho it grows and grows each time they have it. Must have gotten there a little later than usual, because we had to park way down the road, around the bend, and walk up a hill to get there.  As always, good food, and it was great to catch up with people I hadn't seen since the last party.

Intended to make a new list today so I could start early tomorrow morning to finish up as much shopping as I could, but my mind is just not in gear.  Instead, was soaking up the sun in the l.r., watching TV, not having even put up one Christmas decoration, when nephew dropped in.  I'm always so glad when they come down from NH and give me a couple hours visit.  Gave them an open invitation to stop in Christmas morning since they have their holiday with their family the night before.  I know it's been a while since he has seen his cousins, my sons.

When I say my mind isn't working, I really mean it, can't even decide what goody to bake this afternoon to have handy.  Brownies sounds good, and certainly easy.  Might roll up one or two of those freeze ahead cookies, bake half of each roll, and freeze the other half, freezing all the cookies baked.  That sounds a bit too ambitious for me today, so probably will stock with brownies. Have also been thinking it's time for Ken's fruitcake, but don't have the ingredients in the house for that recipe.

Better get going on something, or it will be another afternoon of lounging around.  I've got a lot of dusting and drymopping to do here, Kargiver, if you've any energy left over - - -