December 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Re: December 2011

Oh no...if Kar is cleaning anyone's house it's mine!!!! I have been busy this weekend but I almost posted "crickets" here this mornin'...

I am giving one of those Sanitation classes tomorow so I will be out of the loop by the end of the day..Nighty Night All

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'll dust your house for some warm brownies and milk, tt!  Glad you had such a nice visit and party. :) 

icer, what's in it for me?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Kar..What's in it for you?...I don't know..If my smiling face isn't enough for you then.....I don't know....(joking)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well, between tt's smiling face AND her warm brownies and your smiling face...  But, no matter - I have my hands full here, anyway.

Still going nuts with the vacuum cleaner; it's unimaginable how far things get out of control in so little time.  Also on the docket for today, more cooking.  No wonder I just ordered takeout when I worked!  Whipping up some butternut squash, another pumpkin destined for pumpkin bread (2 loaves per batch), and more mashed potato.  The turkey soup has one more meal to give, and then the 13 lb bird will have been completely devoured.  

Speaking of turkey, Gracie gave us a scare yeterday; she came upon a turkey carcas he assumed was dumped post Thanksgiving in the woods and chowed down before DH could get her away from it (she is always off leash on their walks).  So, we feared the worst as the bones made their way through her digestive system, but she seems no worse for wear.  I did notice she didn't run right to her empty bowl when they got home - guess she got a belly full.

It's Monday already...where do the weekends go?  I've got so much to do today, but will have to put off starting for my chiropractic appointment and another doc's appointment right after a few minutes away.

My friend and his soon to be ex are seeing the mediator today.  Must remember to call this afternoon.  I am thankful I'm over the hurt of my own divorce, or it would have been very difficult to be good support for anyone else.

It was a crammed full stove night last night...brrrr!  I'm not looking forward to going outside before it warms up, but, alas, my appointments.

Princess, how is your mom?  And, your health?  Thinking of you - the cold must be extra hard on you if you are anemic. 

BG, how is DD?

Pingo, know you arent' here, but we're thinking of you and dear family in Disney!

tt, what did you end up baking yesterday?

Nov, any more u/s pics?  News?

OK, as much as I don't want to get ready and go...

Have a great morning, everyone,
    ~kar

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  tt, I'll be over for some brownies also.  The mocha cake was delicious.  Kar, feel free to come on over to help me with the cleaning, it's so hard to do it all in two days when I have other things to do. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

No brownies here.  Couldn't find the newest recipe I have that I like, and ended up deciding that Christmas cookies are more in season anyway, so nothing got baked yesterday.  I'll do up a batch of Christmas rolled sugar cookies one of these afternoons.

Sounds as tho it's cold this morning - will wait a bit until it warms up a few degrees and then head out.

Winter did your son have a game this week-end?  How did they do?  Haven't talked to my son or GS, so don't know if they scored another victory this weekend.

Hot oatmeal on the docket for breakfast, and no sweet treat to top it off.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, he had a game yesterday morning.  They lost badly.  They played the best 5-6 grade team.  He has a game next Sunday and then none until January 8th.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning everyone,

I bit chilly today, but no wind thank God.  Sounds like everyone is busy.  Stay warm and have a good day!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What did you do this week-end, Amber, any plans?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Good morning everyone!  Sound like you all had lovely weekends.  We did too.  We hosted our annual Christmas party on Saturday.  It was the biggest one yet with about 45 guests.  Such a blast!  Earlier that day Jax went for a trim/bath/nail grind, and we got a new collar with a jingle bell, so he was looking his spiffiest and flirting with all the girls at the party.  Then we had a family bday party Sunday that took up most of the day, so I didn't get to do any more shopping.  Its OK though, Im not freakng out about it - yet.  Maybe I'll pick a couple things up when I run out at lunch - have to get a new hair dryer.  Mine took an accidental swim this AM.  Good thing no one was hurt.

Back to the girnd - I'm guessing this week will be busy with people trying to finish things up before the holidays.  Makes the time fly by at least.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

How are you feeling, Novem?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Overall I'm feeling good, tt.  I still have my moments here and there but nothing too bad.  Thankfully the fatigue is starting to wear off as well.  Mostly I'm feeling excited!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Our newest little pumpkin was at the party Sat, and such a good little boy.  He was oohhed and aahhed over by everybody.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar, I finished getting the rest of my Christmas decorations up in my house Saturday.  I did half at Thanksgiving and was just lazy since.  I will be getting together this Saturday with friends for a Christmas drink and some fun.  I do my shopping online and only have 2 more gifts to order this week.  So I am pretty much ready.  November sounds like you had a busy and fun weekend!  tt, I bet your GGS is adorable : )

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I bet he was the life of the party, tt.  Was he looking for his half-moons?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

This is too cute not to share : )

Dear God: It's me, the Dog

Dear God:  Is it on purpose that our
    names are the same, only reversed?

Dear God:  Here is a list of
    just some of the things I must remember
    to be a good Dog:
     1. I will not eat the cat's food before he eats
    it or after he throws it up.

2. I will not roll on dead seagulls, fish,
    crabs, etc., just because I like the way they smell.

3. The Litter Box is not a cookie jar.

4. The sofa is not a 'face towel'.

5. The garbage collector is not stealing our stuff.

6. I will not play tug-of-war with Dad's
    underwear when he's on the toilet.

7.  Sticking my nose into someone's
    crotch is an unacceptable way of saying 'hello'.

8. I don't need to suddenly stand
    straight up when I'm under the coffee table.

9. I must shake the rainwater out of my fur before
    entering the house - not after.

10. I will not come in from outside,
    and immediately drag my butt across the carpet.

11. I will not sit in the middle of the living
    room, and lick my crotch.

12. The cat is not a 'squeaky toy',
    so when I play with him and he makes that noise,
    it's usually not a good thing.
    P.S.  Dear God: When I get to Heaven,
    may I have my (you know whats) back?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

G.T.'s birthday is this Friday, so looking forward to that day of shopping/dinner out. Deciding on what kind of birthday cake to make for when we come back to the house.  Think I will go with angel food with brigham's vanilla ice cream and strawberries over all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, Amber, so cute - saw it after my post came up.  that one's getting forwarded.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber too funny.  tt, sounds like a nice day you have planned with G.T.  Cake sounds good too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Lol, Amber!  Cute!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

MUST drag myself away from this computer - I'm not showered or dressed yet and there's much to do that requires running around.  I'll check back in this afternoon.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

good morning...yup, still morning.

Sorry to disappoint so many of you, but it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to fit in cleaning everyone's homes.  Just got back from my 2 appointments in Worcester so my to-do list is as long as it was when I last posted.

Just bought another Christmas gift; that list is dwindling, yay!  The cards are getting made with just Gracie this year since DH didn't feel like getting all dressed up last night, and I predicted he wouldn't want to any night after work...he agreed.

Nov, how about a pick of the newly coiffed Jax?  Glad you had so much fun at the party and have very few symptoms.

No baking, tt?  I was really hoping for a brownie, but I suppose you're right - sugar cookies take center stage at this time of year.  A pity to bake them, though...a pity, lol.

Oh, there's the pup...gotta let her in and go get some lunch.

Have a great afternoon, everyone - it's considerably warmer, now.

~kar

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Took him to the mall last night for pet pics with Santa, so I'll post that from home.  I'm a little biased, but its the cutest thing I've ever seen.  I have a hard copy on my desk and I keep looking at it out of the orner of my eye.  I just love that little guy!

On another note - having leftovers for lunch today.  All of a sudden the other day I felt like making stuffed peppers (cravings kicking in perhaps?).  Haven't had one in I don't know how long, but I made them last night and tucked them away on the fridge to have for lunch.  So yummy!  Wish I had a glass of milk though.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh Stuffed peppers...man that sounds good.  Can't wait to see the pup photos. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Stuffed peppers sound so good!  I use to make them all the time years ago.  Will be on my list of winter meals for sure.  Would love to see pictures of Jax!

Sections
Shortcuts