December 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: December 2011

Oh, I think Phyllis is still hankering after Nick.  She's just taking up with Malloy to get even for Nick sleeping around with her sister.  Phyllis is my very favorite on that show anyway, her and Michael.

Speaking of something entirely different - but still on that show.  I caught a bit of someone who was a championship figure skater and his partner, who they said was a soap star, and she looked a great deal like Victoria?  Have you heard that?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I have not..but I think she would make a great skater
    I just love Phyllis too....and Gloria...what would life be...w/o Gloria

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Kar if you liked that one...I've got a million of those bakers sayings..they are fun though

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Post your top 10 favs?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh Icer, you went to culinary school? I am so envious - something I always wanted to do. Not that I ever wanted to work in the trade. Just for me. I used to watch the CIA  (Culinary Institute of America) shows with passion. Those students turned out beautiful stuff, looking so easy to do - if you just knew how. Well the years passed and passed, and now it is too late.
    Please post more sayings. I would love to hear them too - Pingo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Me, too...thought I might go for fun.  I looked up how much that endeavor would cost and figured I'm a good enough home cook, lol.

Oh, DH's headlights, yay!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Trust me...me my experience was a lot like an episode with Chef Ramsey...The Instructor who coined the phrase I last quoted...had a very cruel nickname for me...but after a bit of time...I grew to be a favorite....but yes...very true to life wit the abusive treatment of folks...I went to a very small...somewhat elite Culinary arts program in Norwood...the school was called "Henry o. Peobody School" We did, however compete quite regulary...and yes..We did compete against CIA..as well as Johnson&Wales...and Cordon Bleu..in France>>>My Instructor...Marion Martin..She had some pull in the Industry...The Kraft family used to hold competitions..Our School won a bit...I even won a thing or two...but that was a long time ago..I graduated in 1981

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Icer, this is so awesome - please tell us more. I am all ears - Pingo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter,
    You just must have one of these - Pingo

http://www.boston.com/business/specials/holiday/2011/galleries/gifts_under_50?pg=4

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Gee Pingo..You are up aweful early...I'll post more on the "Culinary Chronicles" but I really have a ton of work today...But here is one of Miss Martins that applies to cooking /baking..this is one of conversions..."pints a pound the world around"..I think you can figure out how helpful that can be

I have a 2ft by 2ft Gingerbread house to deliver today....Let me tell you this is stress...I have done this event for 6 or 7 years now...but it always stresses me out to run this delivery

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Would love to see a pic of the gingerbread house, Icer, we didn't go into the Christmas Fair this year, and I missed seeing that competition.  If you don't feel you want to post a pic, I understand.

Staying put today, I think.  Have something doing tonight, tomorrow and Sunday, so need to think about what I'm going to wear.  Can't always throw on my sweats!

The sun shining in my windows shows how dull and filmy they are again.  I swear it must be the forced hot air.  I used to get away with just cleaning the insides twice a year.  These definitely need to be done again before Christmas - and there's still that ominous china cabinet.

Princess and bg, hope both of you will jump in and let us know how things are going.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

icer, your culinary tales are engrossing - hope you'll regale us more.  GL with the delivery today; I'm sure it will go off without a hitch.  Yes, please, post a photo if you can - would love to see your professional gb house.

tt, oh, my the sun is doing the same thing here - making the work that needs to be done today so obvious.  Dust, smears, dog hair, just as if I never lifted a finger in here.

I got a photo this morning that might make a good card, but not sure.  What do you ladies think?  DH is in it, but not really...is that OK?  Too bad he hadn't put on his wedding ring yet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, sure, Kargiver!  Try to pass this guy off as your husband by explaining he hadn't put on his wedding ring yet - what's the cable guy's name??

Actually it's a great photo of Gracie, but doesn't quite do your husband (or whomever) justice.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OMG, tt, so funny!  You caught me - it's Keith, the cable guy.  LOL!  Maybe I shouldn't use that one...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

He looks like the cable guy....and sorry...I was contracted to do this house and they request no internet picture til they get to do the reveal....I can post it after they do though

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Nice to get a chuckle in the morning.  tt, you are so witty and I do so enjoy that.
    Sealed
    Pingo, that stuffed Yoda cracked me up too!  What did you guys have this morning for breakfast??? 

Kar, I like the picture, but I would take one with your husband/cable guy more visible : )

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, I've decided against that one, thanks.  It's just that I can't get one with all 3 of us in it, and I don't want to repeat the one from last year which I can't seem to top or even equal.  Who knew having a perfect Christmas card for the first year we did them would become such a problem for every subsequent year?!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

icer, we'll be waiting for the photo - that's understandable.  The anticipation is killing us, though!  It must be spectacular....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

As for your picture, what about the one of Gracie standing in the water (pond)?  I seem to remember that being a really good one - "Merry Christmas from the -----'s, INSIDE:  although Gracie is looking for spring"  or some such.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: December 2011:
    [QUOTE]Nice to get a chuckle in the morning.  tt, you are so witty and I do so enjoy that. Pingo, that stuffed Yoda cracked me up too!  What did you guys have this morning for breakfast???  Kar, I like the picture, but I would take one with your husband/cable guy more visible : )
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

I haven't had breakfast yet, that's the whole problem!  How can I top yesterday's with just a bowl of either corn flakes or oatmeal?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, that's a great idea, tt.  I've been focused on Wintery scenes, but no need for that.  I'll look...

I have my car back since DH's keys arrived in the mail yesterday.  Yay!  But, I ate "breakfast" (the last bowl of butternut/chicken soup) already.  Glad your breakfast was so good yesterday to have spoiled you, tt. ;)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I miss going out for breakfast. I use to take DD and I out for Sunday breakfast all the time. Maybe I can talk her into getting up early some Sunday and driving to see me to go to breakfast.  That would be nice!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Love, love, love that picture, Kargiver.  She is such a beauty and it shows in her little face in that one.  What a sweetheart.

ETA:  Don't remember seeing that one before.  The one I was talking about was her standing in the water looking out at the ducks.  But, I think either would be great, this is super of HER.  --  and, it's best to keep the cable guy out of it, IMO.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I love that one, but you had another one with Gracie standing in the water and looking straight at you.  Can you repost that one?  Or is there a way you can put 2 or 3 pictures on the card? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Icer, I was nursing a severe leg cramp, thus up earlier than early. Have them on and off, but not as often as I used to have them. I would also love to see photos of some of your creations. That ginger bread house must be spectacular. But how do you transport it? I have trouble enough to transport a pie, that is still in a dish. Hope your Honey gives you a hand.
    You are too funny, tt. Don't know, how you come up with your "jokes" this early in the morning. This was a really good one.
    Kar, I agree with tt. It is a lovely picture of Gracie, but not so great of your DH. Besides, if you are going to use it as a Christmas card, I would put something Christmassy in it. Like a poinsettia or some other Christmas decoration on that heart corner. To close to the stove, I know - but you can always remove it afterwards.
    When are we invited to your luncheon, tt? I don't mind your filmy windows. I will look the other way. Promise! Mine need a polishing too, but it ain't going to be before Christmas. It is really so strange not to have Christmas here at home. A new feeling, and I am not so sure I like it. I purchased one poinsettia, and that will be our Christmas decoration this year. No need to get out all the stuff, when no one will be here. The tree will go up with lights (for security reasons), but no decorations.
    PB son will be driving home this weekend with his packed car. I am glad the weather is behaving. Then fly back out Monday morning for the last few days of work. Chat later - Pingo