December 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: December 2011

In Response to Re: December 2011:
    I only had a problem seeing Kar's pie crusts.  I could see the others fine. Weird.
    Posted by ambergirl

My pie crust "pictures" weren't there to see - I posted a website address that containes pictures.

Yes, thanks for the suggestion to crop the pumpkin.  Maybe I will if all else fails, but I really want a Christmasy one...off I go to try!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I haven't thought that far ahead yet, just had a coconut/chocolate candy that was so good.  Bought a box at Marshall's and they are delicious, so fresh.  Individually wrapped squares.  (I put one up against the box so you could see them)  -  Enjoy!  (Mean, aren't I?)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh my! Thanks so much. Those pictures are just beautiful and so instructional. Thanks for posting them. Will forward them to her. But more so, I saw your "cake spatula". I know, she doesn't have one. Great Christmas gift for someone, who has "everything" (apparently not). I have been knocking on my brain to find something special for her. She has such a well stocked kitchen as far as equipment is concerned. Much better than mine. I still make do with odds and ends. And they do work. LOL
    Posted by pingo

So glad you liked the photos, Pingo!  And, about the cake spatula to get the pie crust from the Silpat (also a great gift) to the pie dish, I tried every other method out there and none is so easy as that.  In fact, I only use that thing to do that one task, but neither the mat nor the spatula take up much room so I don't mind having those one trick ponies in the pantry.

Give your DIL my best wishes with the website and recipe!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I must wipe drool from mouth.... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I would love a blown up pic of that "Did you lose a cat" to put up right by my computer.  I'll send you the rest of coconut squares in payment.  But, you'd better hurry, each time I go by them I pluck one out!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Pretty sure if you click on the picture, it will take you to a new window. You can then right click and copy, then open Word and paste it into a document.  You can then size and print it : ) 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

;ove that amber

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

thanks.  I did, but guess I need to replace the colored cartridges, came out black and white with pink stripes across it.  At least I have it saved.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, you are mean, indeed.  I'm craving sweets, now, and those sound and look delish.  Enjoy a few, one for each of us - that is your "punishment."

SIL called to ask if I wanted to go to Les Mis in Boston this March with her, and of course, I do!  She had me pick the seats since I've been before and she never has.  So, we're going - it's all set.  Can't wait!!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, she has a Silpat already. Like I said, she has a well stocked kitchen. But I know, she doesn't have the spatula.
    I roll out my pie crust on parchment paper, then just flip the entire thing over in the pie dish. Voila! That works for me. I don't have a Silpat, but that may work too - flipping I mean. - Pingo

In Response to Re: December 2011 : So glad you liked the photos, Pingo!  And, about the cake spatula to get the pie crust from the Silpat (also a great gift) to the pie dish, I tried every other method out there and none is so easy as that.  In fact, I only use that thing to do that one task, but neither the mat nor the spatula take up much room so I don't mind having those one trick ponies in the pantry. Give your DIL my best wishes with the website and recipe!
    Posted by kargiver

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's something to get you through the cold, snowy, bear encountered days that lie ahead, Kargiver.  This is the week-end nanny friend and I are going one day to see a play put on by a local theater group in NH.  Looking forward to that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Meant to mention that I saw some foot comfort kitchen pads in T.J. Maxx yesterday.  Forget the name, but they were $79.99 there.  Had them in the markdown section up back on the right - Square One Mall.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, we went with friends to a local theater group this summer in NH. They were absolutely great. Do you know, what the play is? Maybe the same group travelling around. Have fun! - Pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, I like the parchment paper flip idea, Pingo.  (I've tried flipping with the Silpat, and it's too heavy and unweildy.)  The parchment would let go of the crust more easily, too.  The Silpat is supposed to be non-stick, and it sure beats the countertop in that respect, but I still find I need quite a bit of flour, as you could see from the photos.

Indeed, tt - it will get me through the harsh Winter.  Enjoy the play with your friend!  My SIL is such a good friend...love her so much!

Interesting about the comfort pads.  I wonder what kind they are.  I've only see cheap and expensive ones, nothing in between.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm sure these are not the same quality as the ones you bought.  It was a simple name, something I was sure I'd remember - spirit - something that maybe began with an "S".  Doesn't matter, just threw it out there for anyone interested in checking them out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm sure it's not the same theater group, Pingo.  She said this is just a local theater group, not a traveling one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Amber, lunch was a salad with raspberry walnut vinereatte dressing, then a frozen gingerbread turkey, and now I'm going to have another one smeared with B.C. whipped vanilla frosting and a glass of milk.  Pretty boring, I'm afraid.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Not boring to me!  I love salads and I love your gingerbread turkeys even more....  YUM!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hello everyone, just wanted to pop in and say hello.  Caught up on all of your posts, glad you all had a nice TG.

Unfortunately, I was quite ill and spent TG in the hospital - argh.  I let my anemia go too far.  Due to past experiences, I really hate Drs. and will do anything not to go.  I felt just awful, but kept thinking it would be okay.  I felt so bad, but was still running around, working, taking care of Mom and not eating well.  The joke was on me.  I finally asked DH to take me to the ER, as I couldn't even walk without thinking I was going to pass out.  Ended up my iron, blood pressure, and electrolytes were so low, I spent 2 weeks in the hospital and needed 2 pints of blood and daily iron infusions among other complications which I won't bore you with.  It was awful, but I am slowly feeling better. 

I am hoping I can do most, if not all, of my Christmas shopping online as I am still not really strong enough to spend a long day shopping. 

I am so lucky to have DH.  He took care of everything at home, even put up the Christmas decorations!

Well, enough about me, I just wanted to say Hi and I missed you all!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Princess, so sorry to hear you had to spend the Holiday in the hospital.  How awful.  But very happy to hear you are getting better.  I have done my Christmas shopping online for years now and love it. I hate the malls, so it works for me.  What a wonderful DH you have. Rest and take care of yourself. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, what an ordeal, princess.  So sorry!  Praying for your continued recovery and with thanks for your DDH, figured he deserved an extra D. :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Princess, so sorry to hear about your latest continued health issue. With your mother here, you may be doing too much, and not taking care of yourself. Hoping and praying you will get better soon. We missed you here, but you were in our thoughts. Blessings - Pingo

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Princess, so sorry to hear how ill you were.  There are very few times they keep you in the hospital for 2 weeks these days.  Christmas shopping, online or otherwise should be the last thing you're thinking about at this point.  I'm sure your family feels you being well is the best present they could have. We all missed you on the boards, and I was afraid when you suddenly stopped posting, that you were ill.  Never dreamed that ill. Please take better care of yourself and not let it get to that point again.  Only you can do that part.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Kargiver, are you taking Gracie for her Town Square Christmas picture?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Was justing stopping in to say we're going right now!  Of course, as I was readying myself, it got super cloudy.  We'll see how it goes, and I'll post for your votes. :)

Sections
Shortcuts