December 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: December 2011

Icer love your posts. Always want to walk in your life for a while... I would love to be witness to that proposal. But if I was really really honest I want a piece or 2 of your gorgeous cake : ) Happy New Year Icer to you and yours!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks for the well wishes and the info/referral.  Gracie doesn't seem to be in pain, not even pawing at her face.  I think it hurts us more than it does her!  It's a relief she didn't do any real, lasting damage. 

Liz, he is absolutely adorable.  Too bad about the conjunctivitis, but good it's just a 24 hour thing.  He's one lucky dog to have you!

ambergirl, I have broncial asthma, too, and understand how bad colds are and what invariably comes next.  I recommend making onion syrup and taking it twice a day.  Chopped onions, covered with sugar, set overnight.  The sugar draws the juice out of the onions, and it works to keep the cold from becoming bronchitis, and if it does, to keep the cough from settling in for months.  

Signing off for evening.  

Blessings and happy New Year to everyone!!

~kar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, where are you? : ( Ok, DD is coming by with BF. They are going to a restaurant in my city and are coming by so I can see her new dress. Miss my young days : )

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar too funny. I did make and take that last year and it amazingly works. But I am caught tonight with no onions and a prayer it won't get too bad until I get some. Give Gracie a big hug from me, Amber, Tigger and Boo. Happy New Year to you and DH. We are blessed to have you on CC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

DH is on the phone so logged back on for a sec.  

Thank you, my dear, you are all real friends, and I am thankful.

Will be praying you can fend it off 'til you can go to the store and get the miracle onions!  I thought you had taken it before, but couldn't remember for sure.  

Hugs back at Amber, Tigger, and Boo from Gracie. :)

Cheers to the New Year - just popped the champagne.  Clink to everyone's glasses! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

DD just told me her and DB will stop and get me onions. I told her no as it is out of their way as it is. She insisted.. I am blessed for real in the most important way.. so....Kar I will be ringing in the New Year with your syrup! Have a glass of bubbly for me : )

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, how wonderfully thoughtful of them!  We are all so blessed.  Praying it does the trick.  Good night!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, Amber, I'm sorry, didn't know you had been on, sick, and looking for me - got so many little things done today.  Little Lilly Bug's weak spot is bronchial too, she came down with a bronchial virus Tuesday, and is on meds plus an inhaler.  I see that your DD is bringing you some onions, so hope that syrup will do the trick in lessening the amount of time you're feeling miserable.  I know it will, after all, tomorrow when you wake up it will be a new year, and it's going to be a great new year for all of us - God willing!

I hadn't planned for a New Year Eve's supper, so pulled some spaghetti sauce and sausages out of the freezer, and instead of my usual glass of wine, made myself a highball.  Hadn't had one in ages.  This afternoon I was looking for a sweet reward (of course), for my attention to chores .  Found I had bought sweetened condensed milk instead of the needed evaporated milk for the grainy fudge I like, and scoured online for recipes using the condensed milk.  Guess what popped up?  Remember Magic bars?  I haven't made those in 20 years or more, but I had grahams, choc bits, coconut, nuts, and the condensed milk needed - oh, they are so good, so rich.

Did scoot over to the other column and read your ditty.  You're very clever, Amber, it's really good.

Liz, I love your little dog.  What an alert, adorable beauty.  Lucky him you adopted him.

Icer, lost your address again, and SS is backing out of taking me tonight, so we'll just have to wait to hear all about it from you - especially if the proposal takes place at your house at the stroke of midnight!  Fun!

Kargiver, hope you see a big improvement in Gracie's eye tomorrow.  Poor baby.

And Cheerio is here, pestering me, up from her napping on the couch (I can see she's not going to be company to keep me awake to see the midnight ball drop!) saying, "Don't forget to wish Happy New Year to all my animal friends."  So, "Happy New Year" from Cheerio and me to all our board friends, furry and otherwise!  See you next year!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt so happy you posted! DD won't be by for a while so I have time to chat but understand if you don't. Thank you for the compliment on my Ditty but I am no way as talented as you and Ache. He did a response that I expected : ) I do like him and his writing. Won't apologize for that. If you are bored later, post. I will be checking in. But if not Happy New Year tt!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

" Thank you for the compliment
    on my Ditty but I am no way as talented
    as you and Ache. He did a response that I expected
    : ) I do like him and his writing. Won't apologize
    for that. "

Amber, why would you think you'd have to apologize for liking Ache and his writing?  You and I are friends regardless of whom each of us likes/doesn't like on the boards.  I think Ache has a way with words, and I get a laugh out of most of his posts.  Besides, it's not like grade school where if you want to be my friend you have to like/dislike the same people I do - I think the negativity of the past week's posts have gotten to you a little too.  Hopefully those kind of posts are all behind us now.

Did your DD stop by yet?  That is so sweet of her to think to do that, and to hazard the traffic and stores on a night like this to buy you onions!  As someone else already said, a testament to the way you've raised her.

Icer's Open House must be in full swing by now.  Wouldn't you love to be there?  Bet there are some delicious appetizers and some interesting people.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt you are right. I think I am getting skittish on things I post but ironically I did an ETA for Ache addressing being myself. We so think alike.. DD not here yet. They go out so late nowadays. I remember be so excited about NYE and going out around 7:00! I don't have an appetite (another indication I am sick) but have some Campbells Chicken Noodle Soup which I swear by when I am sick. Chilling with my Amber and the boys. I know they are happy I am home : )

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Tonight I'm watching episode after episode of The Big Bang Theory.  Love that show.  I think I saw tomorrow one of the stations has a marathon of it.  Good show to be taking decorations down with.

Is your DD going to a club or restaurant, or to friends' house?  I guess 9:00 is about the right time for a restaurant -

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Lord would I LOVE to be at icers right now.. Me with my martini and you with? Highball or something else? My MIL was a Seagram and Seven gal with water.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

She is going to a restaurant that is near my house hence the visit. Not here yet. I was having issues with my On Demand with comcast and finally went higher up. They came today and replaced all my wires in the cellar and pole. Got a month free and the Starz channel free for 6 months. I already have HBO and Showtime. Sweet! I was patient for the longest time about it. But when I get my Irish up, watch out! LOL!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Realize tonight is the marathon - hence program after program!  I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes!

That was great negotiating with Comcast.  I don't even use my on demand.  the less buttons something has, the better for me.  Never even knew I got the hallmark movie channel until SS told me about it yesterday.  really don't watch that much TV, have my favorite stations, and shows.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, she will be here in 5 minutes. Won't be back on but give Cheerio big hugs from me and the boys. Amber too but dealing with those 2 rascals has wore her out! Looking forward to another year chatting with you. Happy New Year my friend!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Just caught your post. On Demand is awesome! Check it out. Nothing to lose : )

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am awake my CC friends and I feel privileged to wish you all a Happy New Year! I love you all!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, and Happy New Year!!  We were fast asleep, as always, at midnight, but had a great evening, and count you all as blessings, as well.

How are you feeling this morning, ambergirl?

tt, what a special dinner.  Glad you had something tasty in the freezer.  I've never had a high ball, but I love Magic Bars!  You make the tastiest treats.  

BBT looks funny on the ads, but I've never seen an episode.  We've been watching the annual Twilight Zone marathon since last night.  Can't believe it, but I've seen two that I've never seen before - I've watched it since I was 10 and thought I'd seen them all many, many times.

So, only 2 days left of my 30s!  Can you believe it?  I can't...but, it's already been a great birthday and it's not even here yet.  DH is pulling out the stops, and my dear SIL suprised me yesterday with an awesome purse that I'd oogled with her on one of our shopping excursions, one I'd never buy for myself but honestly really wanted.  I had no inkling she'd gone back for it; it was so thoughtful and generous of her.

Gracie's eye looks dramatically better this morning.  The swelling has gone down, and the ointment seems to sooth her and promote healing.  Maybe 2012 will bring a healthier, more careful Gracie...maybe. lol

Hoping everyone here stayed safe and warm - crazy drunken drivers out there every NYE.   Thinking of Pingo, can't wait for her return.

Blessings to everyone in 2012!

~kar

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I started a January thread : )

Sections
Shortcuts