December 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: December 2011

Yah!  I'll throw my wash in, make a couple of phone calls, and then check back for the picture show!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, good luck with the picture taking. I am so glad you mentioned, how unflippable the Silpat is. I don't have one and wanted one for a long, long time (but too cheap to buy one for myself). However, the parchment paper works really well for all my baking. I use it to roll out dough, and I use it to cover the cookie sheets. The ones I use on the sheets, I use several times. I just roll them up and stick them in an empty paper towel roll. So now my Silpat desire has completely vanished. Thanks my friend - Pingo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just another point of view - I roll my pie crusts out between wax paper and just remove the top sheet and then flip over onto pie dish (as my mother did), removing the bottom layer then.  I use wax paper for rolling out and cutting cookies, but bake them on parchment lined cookie sheets.  Dispose of parchment paper after that particular batch of cookies' baking.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

hi princess -

So sorry to read about your ordeal.  Be good to yourself and get better soon.  I think it's great your DH is such a help.  That's wonderful. I bet the doggies missed you while you were away.

mothermitzi

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

In Response to Re: December 2011:
    [QUOTE]Just another point of view - I roll my pie crusts out between wax paper and just remove the top sheet and then flip over onto pie dish (as my mother did), removing the bottom layer then.  I use wax paper for rolling out and cutting cookies, but bake them on parchment lined cookie sheets.  Dispose of parchment paper after that particular batch of cookies' baking.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

I do the same and it works well.

mothermitzi

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Have a nice weekend everybody.  Want to catch those of you at work before you leave. I have an afternoon party Saturday and a brunch Sunday.  Looking forward to the brunch.  The party tomorrow, not so much.  I've decided to get a table top tree this year.  Christmas Eve we're all going to my DD's and Christmas Day I'm going next door.  Don't see the need for a big tree, especially as I'll be away over New Year's.

tt, enjoy the play.

mothermitzi   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Have a great weekend mm!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Indeed, parchment and wax paper completely erase the need, and thankfully the desire, for the silpat.  Glad to help, Pingo! :)

Thanks for the photo session well wishes!  We went to a nearby town where I heard they had the wooden horse and sleigh and got these.  I centered them, though, so they will be cut off on the right, darn it.  You'll have to use your imaginations to fill them in and take my word for it that they are decently balanced.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, sounds like you and I are doing laundry today. I am on my 4th load. PB son brought home a lot of "stuff", when he came for TG. Most of it to give away to charity (probably the Veterans), so I am washing and fixing whatever needs to be taken care of. Ripped seams, lost buttons etc. A couple of sweaters were too worn at the elbows - so I put nice patches on them. Look fashionable now. I am waiting for him to come Sunday and decide, what to give away. One of his favorite pair of jeans were so frayed at the bottom and the knees were wearing out, so I made a pair of Bermuda shorts. He did put them in the "give away pile", but I just couldn't give them to the Veterans, the way they were. Maybe he will keep them. If not, someone else will have a nice pair of Bermuda jeans. So it has been a busy couple of days. But you know, I feel this is in the spirit of Christmas. I do dump money in the kettles, but I feel more connected doing this.
    I did go out for a bit. Was out of my Dark Rye Bread. So up to TJ's I went - didn't have it. Big disappointment. I went to 114 b/c I also picked up a Costco chicken. DH was asking for it. Chicken, homemade cranberry sauce and cucumber salad will be on our dinner table tonight. Tomorrow I have plenty left over to make Chicken Pot pies, and with Kar's pie dough it will be a cinch.
    Spoke to PB son earlier, he will be driving home Sunday. He has a lot of stuff to mail to his new place of employment, so he will do that tmw. morning, while he still has a car to use.
    Amber, you may not be on the boards over the weekend, but do have a nice one.
    - Pingo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh boy, this is hard, but I am partial to 3 and 4.  3 being my favorite

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Great pics, Kargiver.  I vote for either of the last 2.

ETA:  Although, 5 looks a little like she's guarding a cemetary plot.  Three is a nice clear one - I don't know, it's hard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have a good week-end mm.  I know what you mean about not being anxious to go to a "party" sometimes, although with you, I'm sure it's because of recent losses.  I'm supposed to go to a reception tonight, but I remember last years' and it was a very long 2 hours.  I should go, but I don't think I'm going to, hate going to these things alone - I should be used to it by now, but it doesn't get easier for me.  Have my wreath and makings out on the kitchen table, may just cut the decorations apart and start gluing or wiring them in.

I only did one small laundry, pingo, just so I could choose what I want to wear tomorrow and Sunday.  I choose to wear something 10 lbs. thinner, that's what I choose!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you Pingo, I hope you have a great weeekend too and love what you are doing for the veterens...  when my mom passed, I gave all her clothes to Rosie's Place.  Gave me some comfort.  I do love 3 but 1 is growing on me... mmm... 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, all great pictures. I like number 3 - but I like the last one better.  Very hard to choose. But truly with your new addition, I like the one of "Gracie and Keith" the best. Just make some photo magic and stick a poinsettia on the heart. Done - Pingo

ETA: Oh, forgot to mention - Gracie looks so sad on the Town Common pix.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, tongues would wag if she posted Gracie and the unidentifable man!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I think what i like the most about 3 is you can really see her face clearly and her eyes are just gorgeous in that shot.  Yup, I like 3 the best : )  But whatever you choose, you can't go wrong, she doesn't take a bad picture.

Now 4 makes me want to give her a hug.. she has a soulful look on her face... 

Kar, you are killing me!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

As for the pictures, if you want one that really shows of Gracie's beauty, I don't think you can beat that one of her with the stick in the water.  As long as they could lighten it just a bit in her face.  you didn't like the others we mentioned of her standing in the water?

ETA:  Do we have you thoroughly confused now?  Leave the decision up to DH.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OR, you can shoot another one of her and DH in front of the fireplace - with his wedding band on, and his face or some other part of his anatomy showing  besides his butt!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Princess, so sorry to hear you were in the hospital, so hope that now you are home you take care of you and will soon be on the road to recovery and start to feel like your old self again.  How wonderful that your DH is so conciderate.  Guys like that are few and far between.  Take care, ss

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

i'm back

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, goodness, everyone, thanks for all your comments - I really don't know what to do, now!  Rest assured, though, no tongues will have a chance to wag; the Christmas card will definitely not be "Gracie and Unindentified Man's Butt."

There wasn't one of Gracie in the water by herself that I really love.

The stove went out - it's freezing in here.  I didn't want to get it too hot, and I succeeded, lol.  So, I've got to get that going and then fire up dinner, too.

Have a great night!

~kar

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I choose to wear something 10 lbs. thinner, that's what I choose!

Pingo, tongues would wag if she posted Gracie and the unidentifable man!

OR, you can shoot another one of her and DH in front of the fireplace - with his wedding band on, and his face or some other part of his anatomy showing  besides his butt!

tt, you are super funny today!!! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I know, tt kept me laughing today, too!  Laughing

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The SAD part, is, - I'm not trying to be!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: December 2011:
    [QUOTE]i'm back
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]

Was your interview today?  I didn't understand that - if so, tell us all - that you can.