December 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: December 2011

Wreath I made tonight for $8.00 -

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, how PRETTY, tt!!  And, such a bargain, too.  You must be so pleased.   Where will it be going?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Right where it is, on the front door.  I need to pick up a few more picks with red berries and sparkle pine cones while Michael's still has them half price.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

The I'm back" post was..I'm back from delivering the gingerbreadhouse...The Usa interview was over the phone this morning..I was told it will be in before 12 -21-11...The article is about Cottage industries...or what we call in the Commonwealth...Residential kitchens.

I delivered the GB house to its destination 45 min away....drove through the vast develpment..This area houses 7 yes 7 golf coarses...drove home...then;;;as I was getting off the x-way...I ran out of gas....Some angel
     must have been with me today because I coasted into a nice safe furniture parking lot..called Honey and said,"Please come get me with gasoline"..He did...hence forth.."I'm back"

I have had quite the day..my head is in a whirl..I am gonna make myself a martini and shut the computer off...Nighty Night

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You have had a day, Icer.  Glad you had safe delivery of the gingerbread house at least, and didn't run out of gas on the way there.

It's pretty remarkable that your name was one that came up to be called for the article in the paper, Icer.  I think you're way too modest in your postings to us about your creativity.  So glad for you.  I know that field must be a hard one to get a foot in and make a living at.  (I watch Chopped, and a lot of the chefs are trying to win the $10,000 to start up their own business, whether it be a restaurant or a bakery.

I obviously didn't go to the affair tonight.  But then, I had told them I might not be able to make it, so I'm covered.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Yes, icer, I give you a lot of credit too.  Good for you striking out on your own and glad you are getting some national recognition.

tt, I watch Chopped, too.  It always fascinates me when the chefs make something good out of the weird combinations they find in their baskets.  I've tivo'd a couple of episodes of  The Chew.  Some I like, some I don't.  Do you ever watch it?  It's on mornings.  

The reason I don't want to go to the party tomorrow is not because of the recent losses. It's because my bossy cousin runs it every year.  She's so critical of everything. I guess every family has one. My brother and I trade off going year to year because my father needs a ride and likes to go.  The brunch I'm going to on Sunday is always lovely and I really enjoy it.  It represents everything the season is about.  So, the weekend will not be a total loss.  LOL!

mothermitzi  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Should have, could have, would have, stayed in bed a little longer this morning, except for Cheerio knocking things off the bedside table and bureau.  She makes me so mad, doesn't give me a chance to properly wake up - it's "get up" when she's ready for her breakfast.

Opened the front door this morning, and checked out the wreath - still looks pretty good to me this morning.  Just a few more colorful picks.

Crazy dreams last night, running all over the place looking for what I was going to wear - found a buttercup yellow 3/4 coat that I loved and was determined that was going to be part of my wardrobe - I can remember looking at the tag, and it was a size "4"!  I said to whomever I was with, "I don't care.  As long as I can get my arms in it, I'm wearing it!"  Ended up dressed with just that and a slip on, and of course by then it had become the size of a bolero!  What makes us dream these crazy dreams!  Didn't think I was really that concerned about what to wear today or tomorrow - - -

Too bad about your cousin, mm.  It's probably so much a part of her personality that she doesn't even realize she's like that.  As I read your post this morning, I was thinking how nice it would be to have a family, bossy or not.  Most of my uncles and aunts all died before I was in my teens, and besides my sons and their fams, the only relatives I have are my cousin and 4 far flung children of my sister's.  No one who watched me grow up, or "knew me when".  I'd kind of like an eccentric relative or two - at least I think I would - "the grass is always greener", you know.

As for "Chew", never saw that, mm, I'm usually out mornings, that's probably why I'm not familiar with it.  Is it on the Food Network or Lifetime? 

Time for breakfast.  Enjoy your other relatives at the party, mm, and I hope everyone else has a good day. 

ETA:  What did DH think about the Christmas card pics, Kargiver?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning everyone,
    Kar, my vote would be for #3, but they are all so nice.  She poses perfectly.  My Callie was like that.  Unfortunately, Spencer and Buster won't stay still together long enough to get a good pic.

TT- your wreath is beautiful - and what a bargain!

Going up to see Mom today.  We will probably just visit at her place, as I am not strong enough to lift the wheelchair.  Hopefully by next week I will be!

Have good day everyone, and thank you for your caring words.  You are all so wonderful!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    tt, your wreath looks beautiful. Nice job. Amazing what one can do with a pair of good hands and a bit of imagination. Those wreaths sell for big bucks. Now I am itching to copy your idea and run to Michael's to pick up the materials. But I won't. We will not be here. Next year.
    Have you heard the coyotes lately? They have been howling - seems like right outside our bedroom window - for the past two nights. We haven't seen them, but they are definitely there. Maybe that is why the turkeys have found greener grass. Haven't seen them in over a month now. Not that we miss them.
    Crazy dream. It is probably because of your "what to wear?" tonight. Are you staying over in NH?
    Busy weekend. Not pleasure, but work. Since we will be gone at the end of next week, I have to have my desk cleared.
    Everyone have a nice day. tt, enjoy the play and mm, try to enjoy your cousin's party. - Pingo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning, Pingo

Thankfully, no, I haven't heard any coyotes.  What I am hearing is more and more stories of the overabundance of deer.  They are appearing on people's front lawns, even during the day.  Saddens me, because I also heard the state has raised the number of non antlered deer they are allowing to be killed this year.  Their thinking is to keep the forests/woods in balance to be able to sustain feeding for some.

Another beautiful morning, how long can this last?  Should hit Michael's first thing, but it's after 9 now and I'm not showered or dressed, so doubt I will.  Not sure when their half off price on wreath supplies ends, probably today or maybe even yesterday.

Tomorrow is the play day, Pingo, and no, it's not a stay over trip, as I said just a local group right over the line.  Leaving mid morning tho, because friend has a couple of other people in NH to pick up.  Then we'll grab a bite to eat someplace and hit the matinee.  

You must have delicacies planned for son's return tomorrow.  With all the meal planning and cooking/baking you do, you should open up your own little cafe'!

Time for me to hit the shower and then check my closet to see if perhaps that teeny tiny buttercup coat is hanging there!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

mm, too bad about your cousin, but like you say every family has a "boss" who thinks they are more helpful than anything else.  

Speaking of problem family members, my BIL will be in FL for Christmas leaving the rest of the siblings and families to have a peaceful gathering.  YAY!

DH loved the photos, but also wants the neighbor to take one of the 3 of us.  I think I'll choose a card style that allows for 3 photos.  We'll have to get that family photo today or tomorrow so I can get them sent in time...

We decided to get each other a camcorder this year.  I'm hoping (probably against hope) that that's all I get.  I've gotten a few little things for him, but the last three years tapped me out for good "big" gifts for him.  He is a minimalist and, furthermore, we don't wait for Christmas to get things we want/need, like the new TV when the old one bit the bullet.  To me, that's
    "Christmas" no matter what time of year it is.   The trekking GPS, though, was a huge hit.

The town is having some special Christmas things to do today so I'll be kalooping.  DH has no interest and will be working in the basement getting ready for the electrician to finish installing the generator that will allow us to run a lot more than the fridge, most importantly, the well pump.

Have a great day everyone,
    ~kar

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Friends, sounds like you all have the day cut out for you. DH just made an appointment w/ our RI friends. The good ones, not the bad ones (the s*ckers). I am not really for it today, as I have a million things to accomplish, before we leave for our trip. But they are longtime good friends. They were a bit upset, that we will not spend NYE with them.
    A friend sent me an e-mail w/ this link. I am posting it, b/c I feel this is what our Chat group is all about. Hope you will enjoy it. - Pingo

http://www.openmyeyeslord.net/LifeOnTheTrain.htm

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Back in with some treasures - my GS's school OLA in Lynnfield is having a fair today - meandered over there and it's a wonderful assortment of gift tables.  Also have 8 or 10 beautiful gift baskets put together to take chances on.  Of course, my son put a bug in my ear that the one my GS and ALL the boys would like is the Bruins one!  So, out of 20 tickets, I guess 15 went in there, then the other 5 baskets I would like to win!  GS was there with some of his friends, and when I called to him, barely got a nod of the head!  Hate that he is growing up so fast, I went over and gave him a hug anyway.

Should have stopped and eaten lunch there, I'm starved, altho I did buy a box of whatever mix of cookies/baked goods I wanted - looks pretty good to me about now.

Game is this afternoon, so glad I got a chance to get there this morning.  Gotta go hunt up something to eat, maybe a tuna sandwich.  Beautiful out, if you haven't been out, try to for a little while anyway.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

New Christmas doll - 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, this pic is for you - fyi.  Don't know how your school sets up the cookie sale, but there was a table with these clear plastic containers, a father with gloved hand standing by, then 3 tables loaded with baked goodies.  You would point out the ones you wanted and he boxed them for you - a container full for $5.00.  I photographed just a few that were in my box, to give you an idea of the variety - I thought the milano cookies that were dipped in one end in vanilla glaze, then crushed peppermint candies (second in from top), were a novel idea and I can attest that they are DELICIOUS!

There were other varieties there too, choc chip, oatmeal, toffee, but I thought some of these were a little different.  Wish my DIL had let me know about the fair, I would have loved to bake a variety of goodies.  I didn't know about it until this morning. 

Anyway, here - - -

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hello.  I couldn't log in at all on Friday, and I finally was able to do.  Not sure I can chat long, but I didn't want everyone to worry.  I haven't quite caught up yet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh tt,
    do I ever remember those crafts/bake fairs at OLA. Didn't know about this one, or I would have made an effort to stop by. Thanks for doing it for both of us. Once made 20 tooth fairy pillows - they flew of the tables. It all seems so long ago.
    Hope you will win one of the baskets. Not the Bruins one, but one for yourself. LOL
    Still in my laundry mode. Everything PB son brought home - has gone into the washer. I wanted to have it all done, before he brings in more tmw. Spoke w/ him a few minutes ago. He went to the PO and mailed 4 boxes to England to the tune of $500. Mostly his professional books - plus a digital piano, he loves.
    He will bring all his odds and ends here tmw. Then he will sort it out later what to send and what not before he leaves. He will be in Boston for a week, before his final flight out.
    As we are going out for dinner tonight, I threw a pizza together for lunch.
    Hope you all have a lovely afternoon. It is a beauty out there, but cold. - Pingo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, OMG - that is just the way I remember it. Fill up a container! Except at the time the container was just $2.50. I am sure they would have loved your contribution. Unfortunately the school only announce this to their students. I was after them for years  - to put an announcement in the papers. But there was no budget for it. :(
    - Pingo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, nice picture of the cookies.  Kar, I liked photo 4 the best of Gracie?  Doesn't your DH's camera have an automatic setting?  That's how we are taking our Christmas photo.  We also have a wireless remote which is awesome.  Dh just brought up the several Christmas boxes and I need to start getting the tree together.
    PC, so sorry you were in the hospital, what a dear your DH is.  Icer, I can't wait to see your gingerbread house.  Pingo, the Yoda was cute :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My son and DIL are very involved with the school - as are all parents by necessity -, and she knew about this long ago because she had a table there.  Other years I've never even know when they were having a fair - GS is in 5th grade now.  She never thinks of me for these things, and it's rather hurtful.  They did a cookbook with loads of recipes from "Nana"s in there - was I asked for any of mine?  No. Anyway, I'm glad I went, and that son called me about this morning, well actually from there this morning, because he as a lot of other fathers was helping out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, I wanted feedback of what you thought of the way OLA does it compared to your school, and also feedback about the variety of cookies ???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, great idea!  Yes, I'm sure his camera does have a self-photo feature.  Now, what to mount the camera on...we don't have a tripod, but we could maek do, I'm sure.

I've been kalooping!  I got a truly wonderful hand-knit wool sweater with Christmas teddybears for $15.  LOVE IT.  I feel like it was a tt-level success. :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Back from the basketball game.  They played St. Pius from Lynn and won by too big a score.  So cute, these little boys with their skinny legs and limbs, running up and down the court - AND they had their own cheerleaders, if you can believe it!

Out of the mouths of babes:  The game was played at the Voke Technical School, and my GS, wanted to know what the Vocational School was.  He explained to him that you could learn a trade there and make a good living when you were through.  "Something to just keep in the back of your mind," he said. 

"No," my GS said, "I'm going to play for the NBA."

"Oh, his father said, "well, you never know, and just in case that doesn't work out, this is something to think about."

"Nah, I'm either going to play for the NBA or work in a GameStop."

My son said, "Well, instead of working in a GameStop, you could maybe own franchises for 100 GameStops."

"No, I'd just work there."   !!!   Reality to an 11 year old - these would be the two best possible jobs to have, playing for the NBA or working in a GameStop!

Most likely I won't be on tomorrow, or at least until late.  We have a full day planned, so I hope everyone has a great day.  Enjoy your son, Pingo.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Pingo, thanks for the train ride, I really enjoyed it. ss

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

tt, Altho my 15 yr old GS is not sport minded, he too, wants to work in a Game Stop store......at that age they think life is going to be a bowl of cherries....ss