December 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: December 2011

I am a huge Stephen King fan. The last book I read of his was "The Dome"  It too was huge, but I loved it!!  I finished it in a week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Get a move on with that Christmas card, Kargiver.  I got my first one today, Reese and the two kids in front of the Christmas tree.  So cute.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, no, tt, don't remind me.  DH wants that "family shot," and we haven't gotten it yet.  I think we're going to be verrrrry late. 

I'll have to catch up later - phone ringing...

~kar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Who wants to join me for top of the round steak, a wonderful salad (similar to the one I had Sunday), and Brigham's peppermint ice cream for supper?  Literally had next to nothing in the house to eat, so ran up to S&S and did my shopping.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am starving tt!  I got busy and didn't eat.  I will be right over after work!  Yum!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'll set another place at the table -
    Cheerio says she hopes you forgive her if she eats earlier, but she's starving and needs some sustenance, like right now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Of course not!  The queen always eats first : )

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt,
    Sounds great to me too. Looks like you did your shopping while hungry.
    Mr. P just stuck his head in. Came back from a meeting - had no lunch. So we will be leaving shortly and go and have a bite to eat. No cooking - fine w/ me. Except I was looking forward to having Chicken Kielbasa and my warm potato salad.
    - Pingo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

A dear friend of 20 years called today to say he told his wife their marriage is over. DH is away on business, and I miss him terribly.  

Had TJ's frozen mac and cheese with chipotle salsa stirred in.  Not great, not bad.  Now, I just want junk food.  Resisting the urge to go to the grocery store and go crazy...

How was dinner out, Pingo?  You can have tonight's dinner tomorrow, right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Merry Christmas Everyone.  We took the "boys" to see Santa at PetSmart this weekend.  It's not me in the picture, but the store "elf", Santa, Buster & Spencer.  They are not quite as photogenic as Gracie, but I was actually shocked we even got a picture of them relatively still!  Enjoy your day everyone!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Princess, that picture is priceless!  Love it.  Santa and his elf sure must have a lot of patience to get all these pets in a photographic pose.  Now you're making me want to get one of Cheerio.

Are you feeling better?

So glad I pushed myself to get out and do the shopping I did yesterday, and to get my groceries in too.  If the rain clears later I'll run out for a little poking, after I've checked and revised my list.  But, now I don't feel as tho I have to if it stays a drizzly day.

Kargiver, what is this, something in the air with 20 - 25 year marriages breaking up?  Midlife crisis, I think, with one or the other of the partners deciding they're not "happy" and don't have that many more years left to leave their marriage and find it with someone else - like that's gonna happen!  My neighbor's husband has moved back home, BTW, after them both hiring lawyers and going the whole nine yards.  Not because of love loss, but because he missed his home and puttering around the yard and gardens he loved.  The grandson that all this started over (she insisting on him living there), is out and she is acting as tho none of this is her fault, but her husbands because of his reaction.  Of course in the meantime the grandson has been in more skirmashes and tossed out of a couple of friend's homes.  But, she's back in the fold of the family, back managing everyone's life, and telling them just what they're doing wrong.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  I couldn't get on from work yesterday.  Was I missed?  PC, what a great picture, we hope to take a family shot with Yoda this weekend and then get the cards made at Walgreens, they are quick and decent quality. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Of course you were missed, Winter.  The boards have been quiet of late, so when someone isn't on we just figure they're busy at work, at least that's what I figure.  I can't imagine a cat getting their Christmas picture taken, especially one who is still as skiddish as Yoda, all those people around and a strange guy with a beard to boot - watch that he doesn't scoot right out of Santa's arms and through the store.  You're never find him with all those hiding places.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh yes, Kargiver, I will be sure to watch for the 2 who know all and also know just how everyone should live their lives.  So lucky are they, to be so knowledgeable.

Have fun shopping.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Princess Cal what a great picture.  Love your fur babies!  You were missed Winter but must say I had a double dose of tt's cooking last night, I was sure you wouldn't mind : )  Suppose to get real cold this afternoon and then here to stay.  We have been blessed with all this good weather so far, so I am not complaining.  My niece had 2 rounds of chemo so far.  They are being aggresive about it, so her dose is very high. She has to go 2 weeks inbetween each session because of that and has been very sick from it. But God love her, she has the best attitude.  She has 5 months of this but the good news is they did a scan Friday and the results are looking good.  The chemo seems to be helping. Nice Christmas present for her and my family. I pray for her daily.  I hope everyone has a nice day. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I remember well when my DIL went through aggressive chemo too, so your niece is certainly in my prayers, Amber.  DIL's outcome has been so good so far, and I'm praying that's the same for your niece.

Don't know why when I shop, I always forget to get something gooey to finish off my breakfast.  Went back to 1 minute oatmeal from the instant, but still wanted that gooey touch to finish.  Chocolate cookie just didn't do it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hello, hello ladies!  PC - that is such a cute picture of the boys!  I'm taking puppy to PetSmart for a nail grind this weekend, and hope Santa will be there.  I think its every weekend, but I'll have to call and check.  Gracie's pics were super cute, too Kar.  I still think you should look into having her be a pet model.

I'm finaly getting into the holiday swing.  Just in time too, I have parties Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday I'm going to the Rockettes, and then, of course Christamas Eve and day.  Went on a marathon shopping adventure last weekend and got almost everything.  The rest I will pick up online or when I can squeeze in trips to this store or that.  The kids are done though, adn that's the most important thing.  Can't wait to wrap everything.  Making the gifts look pretty is my favorite part.

I'm finally going for my first OB appt later today.  Seems like its been such a long timem but I'm excited to hear the heartbeat.  The rest, I'm sure will be lots of Q&A.

Pingo, I know you are leaving soon on your trip.  In case I'm not able to tell you later, bon voyage and have a wonderful time!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

You wanting something gooey tt, reminds me I have been craving chocolate marshmellow pinwheels for a while now.  Must put on my grocery order. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, didn't see your question about 20 somethings getting divorced.  I don't know, but my friend is 50 and she not far behind him.  It was their first marriage for both of them.  Not a midlife crisis in their case.  I doubt my friend will ever look to marry again since I know he sees marriage as primarily for having kids.  She probably will, though. What a mess for your neighbors...too bad for all of them.

Princess, LOVE the photo!!!  Gracie isn't as photogenic as you think - I throw away a ton of bad pictures for every one that's decent, lol.  She'd have a hard time sitting still for a Santa photo op, too.  Hope you'll add that to the Winter Photo thread in Pets.  And, that you are feeling better, of course.

Winter, of course, we missed you!  GL with the photos, can't wait to see.

OK, gotta get on the stick and pick the beets and cabbages before I go.  DH said a hard freeze is on the way, sadly!  Inevitable, I guess.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

November, you are making me tired listening to all your plans!  But I remember fondly being the same way :)  so happy your pregnancy is going well and hearing the heartbeat is magical for sure. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Not 20 year olds, Kargiver, but those having been in marriages for 20-25 years.  Anyway, it's a sad state of affairs, affects everyone in the families.  SILs of neighbor are totally disgusted with her and the way she has jumped back in thinking she can continue to manipulate their marriages.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

November, happy appointment!  It will all seem real when you hear that heartbeat.  So happy for you.  When I had my kids, we never had that opportunity, tho there were many times I wanted to ask the doctor if I could.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Part of my craving this morning, Amber is because I bought the fixings to make mocha cakes for a party I'm going to this week-end.  I can taste them and would love to make them ahead of time, but like most things, they're best fresh.  One of the guys at Thanksgiving was talking about them, but couldn't remember what they're called.  I said, "Oh yeah, I used to make those."  That was all that was needed, now I'm dying to set them up again.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Happy to hear your niece is doing well, Amber, and your DIL, tt. 

Almost forgot - one more party on the 27th for DS's xmas since he'll be with his Mom this year.  Hope I can stay awake through all of this.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Ambergirl, Chocolate marshmallow pinwheels were my Dad's favorite, I enjoy them too, don't buy them as often as I'd like, their cost is out of sight..thanks for the memory.  ss