December 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

December 2012

Happy December!

I love that beer, Pingo - that's a big bottle...ask if he'll share and I'll make the drive to the north shore, lol. :) I hope "my" TJ'S has followed suit.  They promised some more stores would have alcohol by year's end, but weren't sure which ones.

it snowed her a coating last night and started up, again, around 7 this morning.  Still falling.  Dh and Gracie are out in it hiking...hopefully not slipping and sliding.  I worry...

the stove is blasting, and it's slowly warming the house...

have a great Christmas season, everyone!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: December 2012

Well, the first of December was covered with snow,

and so was the Turnpike from Stockbridge to Boston.

And the Berkshires seemed dreamlike on account of that frosting,

with ten miles behind me and ten thousand more to go.....

- James Taylor

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Goodmorning,

Sharing an e-mail I got this morning. Hope it will lift your spirits on this drairy morning; it did mine. Already watched it 3 times. It looks like it is a ballet, when you first turn it on, but it is not. You will recognize a lot of the dancers. Whoever put this video together has a wonderful sense of music. It is called: Let's dance.
    Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=ab9i0s4WEY0&feature=related

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That's a nice poem, Hats - thanks for posting it.

I am sure DS would share with you. He was in Belgium for a stint, and know what is good. Got some "bad" habits; Budwiser just doesn't do it anymore. LOL

It was snowing here too. Has stopped now. Want to get DS's room ready for him today. Didn't get to it earlier this week. I always do the bedsheets and towels again, just before they come home, so it smells nice and fresh. Good day to stay inside anyway.
    Got ingredients for a beef stew, and I picked up a bag of frozen Bryani from TJ's to go with it. Have never tried it before, but a lady picked up 4 bags of it and told me it was very good. Will see. To make it from scratch is very time consuming if done right.

Just looked out the window. It has started to snow again. Have a good day all and stay safe on the roads, if you go out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hats, that's one of my favorite songs - that verse always chokes me up, actually...love it.

Pingo, I've never been to Germany, but the trips's father showed me the beer light (not to be confused with light beer, lol!!) about 10 years ago.  I love the ones your DS does.  TJs also has another one he'd like called Abbey Ale by Ommegang Brewery.

what's bryani?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sorry, I missed an "i". Should be biryani.
    It s a spicy Indian/Pakistanian rice dish with veggies, meat, nuts, raisins or what ever you heart fancy. Plus of course all the hot spices like fresh garlic, turmeric, cinnamon, cloves, whole cardemom pods etc. etc.
    If it is done right, it takes alot of time to prepare everything. Finally you mix everything a bake it in the oven.
    I am not expecting haute cuisine with the TJ bag I have, but I wanted to at least try it, since it was recommended to me.
    Abbey Ale? Will have to have him try it, especially now while we are watching Downton Abbey. LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, where are you today? You must be feeling really sick. I am so sorry. Not like you, not to check in at all. Hope you will be able to rest well and be feeling better soon. Hugs!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That sounds delish!!!  I bet it will be fabulous - TJ's does a lot of really yummy things like that.  He will adore the Ommegang Abbey Ale if he likes Duval.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

First Indian dish I ever had was - well one of the first - at the first meal anyway - was lamb biryani.  So yum.  Along with chicken tikka masala and chicken korma (or navratan korma.) So good.

I am just re-nventing a recipe and if it comes out well I will post it.  Took an old recipe and figured out hwo to change it around to make it more savory....a lot of fun.  I know Kar is the champion at that but I will let you know...Listening to Bing sing Christmas carols...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hello everyone,

I had a great day with DD. We went shopping and I bought my grandson a crib and pack and play. Felt so good to do that. Her grandmother bought her crib so I am trying to start a tradition. DD was going to kill me but I told her life is short and I needed and wanted to do it ; ) We came back to my house and she was craving a pizza! lol! (didn't have the heart to tell her I had one a couple of days ago)  So we ordered a large mushroom and green pepper. I had one slice and it was so good... I sent the rest home for her and BF. I hope everyone had a great day too! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wow, it's real, now!  And, yay for more pizza - yum. :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Amber, what a great day that must have been for you and DD. Mother and daughter shopping for the next generation. Traditions are wonderful. I can understand your need to do this.
    1 slice of pizza? I am impressed. Mushroom and pepper is a lot better sodium wise than pepperoni.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Barnyard christmas.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Pingo, you hit the nail on the head. It was so special to do that...  but she worries with me being out of work. I told her if I didn't have the money I wouldn't spend it. I would have sold my furniture to do that as that was always my plan. Just love her to death : ) Baby Joey (don't think anyone will figure out this is me by the generic name)  is getting real for sure and I am so excited. I ordered 2 onesies for a Christmas gift for him. I had them special ordered with sayings. The first one says "Nanas favorite boy" and the second one says "Hi, my name is Joey and I'm new here" LOL! I think DD and BF will get a kick out of it : ) I have been doing so good Pingo on my new eating habits, that I didn't want to be piggy. The  pepperoni craving I am sure was my salt and sodium craving. Body is a funny thing.. Hats, is that your wreath for your door? So pretty! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: December 2012)

My Christmas shopping for them is done. I wish I could have done more, but can't this year : (  I bought DD her favorite perfume as I know she is out and they are saving every penny for the baby. Plus being pregnant I wanted her to have something for her. BF got a Patriots hoodie as they are huge fans and then a Hoover vacuum as a couple gift as the one they have is pathetic. And of course Joey's gifts are a surprise : ) Holidays are going to be a bit tough and I am going with the flow. His mother is not really in his life so he goes to his Aunts. (very sad situation) DD went for dessert at Thanksgiving and let's just say she was uncomfortable... so far the game plan for Christmas is BF going to Aunts house, DD coming here, and he is coming after. I will be cooking my usual sirloin roast. He asked DD if it was ok if he had a plate when he came here. Lol! He is a big guy like my DH was, so no problem doing that for him : ) She told me they already plan on spending more time with me every Holiday as his family is difficult. I love it of course but sad on another level as the baby won't have much family on his side. BF is an only child like DD, so I expected more but his mothers addiction affects everyone..such a sad situation. Dread meeting her at the baby shower to be honest. If she shows up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

It's A Wonderful Life is on. I LOVE this movie! I am such a sap : ) Makes me want to say Merry Christmas!! Have a good night everyone and will chat tomorrow.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

we're watching too

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

we just caught the end.  I wish that were my wreath, but it's just a pretty picture for a snowy day....we just saw the Lincoln movie.  It was wonderful.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

Another cold morning. I was up early today and decided to walk to Dunkin Donuts for a coffee. Delicious! Going to be a quiet day for me. No plans so far. Happy to see I wasn't the only one enjoying I'ts a Wonderful Life last night : )  That's funny about the wreath hats! But it is very pretty.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In response to pingo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Goodmorning,

Sharing an e-mail I got this morning. Hope it will lift your spirits on this drairy morning; it did mine. Already watched it 3 times. It looks like it is a ballet, when you first turn it on, but it is not. You will recognize a lot of the dancers. Whoever put this video together has a wonderful sense of music. It is called: Let's dance.
    Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=ab9i0s4WEY0&feature=related

[/QUOTE]

Pingo, Thanks, terrific, so many movie spots I remember....ss

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

-----Happy to see I wasn't the only one enjoying I'ts a Wonderful Life last night------

Amber, we have the CD. I make Gluewine and æbleskiver and watch it fathfully as a family every year before Christmas. It is not Christmas w/o it. Traditions you know.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I love your tradition Pingo! I also watch Elf (hilarious) and on Christmas day, A Christmas Story.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Amber and Kar, please note the Shark Tank is on this coming Tuesday evening @ 8 (some Christmas special???) and again Friday night @ 9. I hate the new Friday night time. Too late for me. We taped it and watched it Saturday.
    Anyone watching Downton Abbey? Angela Lansbury is on tonight "revisiting" season 1 and 2. Season 3 will be on in January. We are at present watching season 1 on netflix. It is excellent.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, how are you feeling this morning? Thinking of you and missing you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks for the heads up on Shark Tank.  At least it as at 8:00.  We also tape the Friday night one and watch Saturday morning along with Gold Rush.

Foggy here, still...

tt, hope you are ok.  And, of course, our other friends - mm, tulips, princess...thinking of you all.

off to the store.  We are both craving steak...an odd thing for DH, not so much for me, lol.  He suggested it, though, so yahoo!  Steak and potato is on the menu for tonight.

Sections
Shortcuts