December 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: December 2012

Good morning!

just a quick check in this morning - heading to the trips for the day very soon.

have a great day, everyone!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. tt, I hope you are feeling better. Have fun at the trips house kar.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning everyone,

I got another e-mail, I like to share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln01p1M2cH0

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Can't watch it here Pingo, but I'll try to check it out later at home.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Are you feeling better, tt? Hope you will check in and let us know, how you are doing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be headed home. I hope tt and Amber are ok. Good night everyone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good night, Winter. Yes, where is Amber today? Maube called for another interview. Let's hope.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Happy December!  The MOST wonderful time of the year, IMO, but I am a fool for everything Christmas.  We put our tree up last weekend, and had little bean put up her first ornament.  I also had a wonderful time picking out new stockings, now that our little family has grown.

Amber, so sweet of you to pass your tradition on to DD.  And the "i'm new here" onesie sounds adorable!!  They will love it!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Novem, nice to hear from you. How is the little one doing?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Merry Christmas, November!  I can't believe your lo is old enough to put an ornament on the tree...time sure flies.  Hope all is well.

had a fabulous time, as always, with my friend and the clan.  Baked one of their "regular" cakes and tried a cookie recipe she found, cooked dinner that she had planned, did all the dishes, fed a couple of babies their lunch bottles, and played with the toddler while mom never stopped doing what she does...crazy!  But what a blessing to spend such quality time with a dear friend.  Got to see the dad a few minutes when he got home, too.

this is IT, have to decorate today.  No excuses!

have a great day, everyone

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sounds like a busy but fun day, Kar. DH and DS did most of the outside decorations Sunday. I'm too tired to put the tree up when I get home, so we'll have to do that this weekend and I'll have to hold the ladder so the lights can go on the house. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Sounds like you had a fun day yesterday, Kar. Your friend is so blessed to have you. Especially as it seems you enjoy being there, not just doing it b/c you feel you have to.
    tt, how are you doing? Hope we hear from you soon. That bug really bit you. Good you had finished all your roof and stair work, before you got sick.
    Nice to hear from you November. I can't believe your little one is already so big she can put ornaments on the Christmas tree.
    UK son will be here the day after tmw. so I better finish decorating. The tree will not be up until he comes and help his Dad carry it upstairs. That thing weighs a ton. But I will make æbleskiver and gluewine, and we will then decorate the tree together. At least that is my plan. He may want to do something else.
    I have to run up to Costco today for a script and some essentials. Plus I need to pick up a gift I saw in the Paper Store catalog and return another one to BB&B. So I will be out most of the day. But it looks like it will be a nice day to do it.
    Amber, we didn't hear from you yesterday. Hope you are not sick too. They say the fl season is going to be a bad oe this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yes, I do enjoy my days with my friend and am happy to have a reason to spend whole days with her.  Before the babies, life was just busy and going by.  We live an hour away so you know how it goes.

pingo, I'm sure everyone enjoys those traditions as much as you do and wouldn't dream of wanting to do something else!

I'm seconds away from starting the big Christmas haul down from the attic...sigh.  Dh will be happy to see it all done when he gets home.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I should qualify my statement a bit.  She is able to grasp (and toss) things now, so we put it in her hand and held her by the tree until she threw it (Lol!!).  I have a great pic of it though that looks like she is actually placing it.

She's doing well.  Growing and learning.  She's on the cusp of sitting unassisted, and is really starting to push herself up onto her legs from a sitting position.  She has figured out how to take off her own socks, and makes a game of tossing them all over the place, and loves to play with any toy that makes noise.  She also reaches out now to "pat" the dog when he is nearby.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Heading out soon. I hope everyone has a nice night. Amber, I believe you have your interview tomorrow morning, good luck.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good night, winter!

yes, best wishes, ambergirl!!

for the plow and hearth fans - tt, are you here? - use Holiday2 for 20% off $75+ orders.  Just saved $27 on a waterhog runner, sleep T, and two braided chair pads. equated to free shipping plus another $10 off.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

Douglas fir trees do have a scent, but they smell like pine trees in the forest (yes, lol, I know that they all oringally came from a forest....) but the Fraser fir smells like, well, Christmas!  and the Douglas fir no longer has a scent now that it's been up for a week, even though it's been in water and sprite (50/50 mix) and is drinking,  but the wreath made out of fraser fir that hasn't been watered still smells like Christmas.

BUT I don't know if I can promise you won't be allergic to a Douglas fir tree, Kargiver.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks for that explanation, CT, and don't worry about not being able to tell me if I'd be allergic - you did, actually. Oh, well.

good morning, Winter and everyone!

logged another LoseIt loss.  I'm just a hair over a pound to go.

going walking with my friend and Gracie in a few minutes...yay!  Looks pretty out...not sure of the temp.  It was 60 in here this morning so it definitely got cold!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Good morning!  I am just coming out of a terrible cold.  Almost ran to the emergency room Monday but decided to wait until morning....and try one more hot toddy....and Ibuprofen and Mucinex...and stop taking one of my meds that suppresses my immune system....and it worked.  Now I have a list as long as my arm but it includes some fun stuff so that's good.  And I'm dressed in yoga pants and a sweatshirt so warm and comfy is the order of the day.

Just heard Steve and Edie on Music Choice!  Remember them?

TT, one is so worried about you!  Hope to hear from you soon.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Kar we are rooting for you for that last pound to the finish line. What a tremendous feat it is for you. Deccember 9 - right? Me think it will be more like December 14, but that is still excellent. Did you finish your deorating yesterday?
    Amber, thinking of you and praying, you will leave your interview with a big smile.
    tt, please come on and say, "Hi, I am feeling better." We are missing you and Cheerio around here. I sent DH for a flu shot. Dont have time, don't have time. I told him, he would have less time if he got sick. So that did it. Besides he is planning an oversea's trip in January, and you know how those germ infested cabins are.
    UK son is coming tomorrow. The house is all ready and decorated for Christmas except for the large outdoor wreaths. Being the tallest in the family, that has always been his job. Put them up and take them down. He told me, "Don't you dare to put them up, it's my job." Can't mess with traditions.
    Tomorrow night he wants to go for Mexican food straight form the airport. No decent Mexican food in UK. Compared to what we have around here, it must be really bad. We have become used to the real stuff in TX. No comparison. But what we get up here will apparently do.
    I have made reservations Saturday night at a nice restaurant in Boston. It is DH's birthday and he is  finishing another decade. TX son was going to come and surprise him, but had to cancel due to work load. He needs to finish a project, before he takes off at Christmas time.
    Going to do some baking this morning. Then pick up one more gift at the Paper Store in Reading. Saugus didn't have it yesterday. Except for one big gift for TX son,  I am done with my gift shopping - including stocking stuffers. Can hardly believe it. It used to be a frantic week just before Christmas.
    Later in the afternoon, I will have to go to the office to cut some checks for tomorrow.
    It looks like a nice day out. Hope you get a chance to enjoy it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Wow Pingo, can't believe you are done shopping. I'm not even close. Very cute that your DS wants to hang the wreaths. All three of us got the flu shot. I got it one year and it was horrible, never again. My DS was little and I was miserable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, I give tt a bit of credit. She got me started with all her baskets ready to go. And I must say, it is a pretty good feeling. Now I have to wrap them all, but I am waiting until DS is leaving Monday for PB. Hid them all at the office. He is such a snoop. LOL
    When the kids were young, you know where I hid the gifts for them? In garbage bags in the garage. They hated to take out the garbage, so I knew, it would be the last place they would look. They never figured it out, and when I later told them, they couldn't believe it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hello ladies,

Been busy the last few days but wanted to check in about my interview. I haven't read past posts, will do that later : ) My interview was for 9:00 and I was out of there at 10:30. I actually got there at 8:45 and my first interview was right away. Great commute too. It is across from North Station. I met with 4 people. I am tired! lol! I think it went well. It is down to 3 people including myself. The woman I had the phone interview with told me I am her first choice but it is a group decision between all 4. Really praying I get it as it is an awesome company. She is hoping to have a decision by tomorrow or Monday. I just sent her a thank you email hoping to stay fresh in her mind. You guys will def know if I get it! Saying lots of prayers..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Oh Amber!  Hope so too.  Short advice - drop handwritten cards to every  interviewer/HR/person you met in the mail today!!!!  If they get them STAT they will know that you are a go getter and initiator!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts