December 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Re: December 2012

Winter, care to share your chop suey recipe??  For some reason mine never comes out right, oh how I wish I had written down all the good things my mom used to make.  I have a small recipe book that I write down the things that DD enjoys, so someday she will be able to make them herself. thanks ss.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Hi TT I am glad you are back among us but sorry that your creatinine levels are elevated.    I know that the implications of that can be very serious.  I hope that the dehydration that you suffered during your illness is part of the cause and that now that you are feeling better they will decrease.  I will pray that that happens.

Well DD is home for Christmas so all the things that were waiting on her arrival must take place in the next few days.  I will be and have been busy busy but expect that the weekend will be less so.

Hope you all have a good day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Feeling yet better this morning, so virus has definitely turned the corner.  Propping pillows up to help acid and got up with one stiff neck this morning.  Hoping hot hot shower will loosen it up a bit.

Nice to read all the goings on in your various homes, in preparation for Christmas.  Talking with friends last night, they said I can't believe you aren't having Christmas, I know how important your family is to you.  But, I definitely feel I made the right decision, even to having kids wait to stop in.  I'm a mess, house is a mess, (clutter seems to just grow and appear overnight), and baskets aren't ready.  Craving roast beef this morning, so will try to run out to a local deli and pick some up today.  Also, mouth watering for a pickle, (salt, I'm sure), but that I don't think that's such a good idea.  Did venture with a plain cheese sandwich yesterday, so I'm gradually getting there. 

Kargiver and Pingo, congrats on your weight losses.  Hard work, especially this time of year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. tt, glad you feel better today, hope it continues. I missed you very much on here. 

ss, I will share my recipe. 

Box of elbow pasta

1 pound of hamburger

1 onion (chopped) I use a food processor

1 big green pepper (chopped) food processor again

1 Tablespoon of red pepper flakes

1 cup of grated cheese (I use a parm and mozzerella mix)

1 jar of Sauce

cook onions, pepper and hamburger until cooked. Cook pasta as directed. When pasta and hamburdger mixture is cooked mix together and add the pepper flakes and the sauce. Add the cup of grated cheese and stir, serve.

Sometimes I add a can of minced tomatoes.

ETA: Corrected to pepper

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What a joy to hear your report this morning, tt!!!  We're all so concerned, and to know you are well enough to be craving good, real food is a relief.  Clutter DOES magically appear overnight...dust, too, my arch nemesis, lol.  Thank you so much for your congrats for our weight loss.  The LoseIt program makes it easier to account for the big chow down days that always mark this time of year.  I hope in a week you'll be even better and feeling like you could enjoy Christmas.  I've had severe bronchitis over Christmas and New Year's many a time...not fun. 

Yum, Winter, that reminds me of how my in-home daycare mother made it, at least as far as I can  remember from 35 or so years ago.  A childhood comfort classic!

snowing lightly here this morning...hm, I wonder what is in store weather wise today.  I'd like to go to Trader Joe's since I haven't been going on Mondays this month.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I did a "no no" this morning, and opened the door and let Harry in.  He looked in cautiously at first, checking for Cheerio, and neither of us saw her perched on the kitchen step stool.  Harry made the rounds of the room, just sniffing and checking things out - when he got to the furthest end of the room off the kitchen, that's when Cheerio made her move - jumped down, and went in blocking any escape, hissing.  Luckily for me, she is like me and very food oriented - I shook her Trader Joe's treats and led her into a back bedroom, literally, dangling one just beyond her reach.  Harry checked out the rooms, talking while he was moving around, and then I just opened the kitchen door and he ran out, and on his way.  Oh dear, what can of worms have I opened?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, that is soooo funny, tt!  So good to hear you sounding more like yourself and of Cheerio's and Harry's adventures.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I let the neighbor's dog in once because he freaks out during thunderstorms, and we were having a doosy.  That was a mistake, too, lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Ran down to the Deli.   They have the best cold cuts and slice them paper thin,  OMG, the LoLakes cheese tastes so different sliced there, plus I'm sure it turns over a lotfaster than supermarket.  Got some boiled ham, and the most delicious roast beef.  It's so easy to just run in there.  They carry rolls, bananas and other fruit, plus the usual potato salad etc.  Picked up a container of that too.  Got home and sampled cheese, roast beef, and two potatoes!  Guess I'm turning the corner.  Can hardly wait until lunch with a bulkie roll.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

O.k. Time for a chuckle at Icer's expense

Once upon a time, not so long ao, in the land of Icer lived a very funny but nice family. This family was more than your "average animal lovers" ...as a matter of fact...they sold their house...passed papers...but forgot they left their goat in the living room. Am I painting a picture here?

Well one day, Icer saw their dog Hersey out in the street. Now Hersey was a wonderful dog. Icer got to know Hersey quite well because, as you can surmise, Hersey loved chocolate. Chocolate cake to be specific. But Hersey was aging and cake is really not good for dogs so Casa D'Icer was off limits most of the time. Hersey was diabetic too whicch made dear Hersey a llittle nutsy sometimes.

So, what would my wandering eye peer at this day...Hersey in the middle of Washington Street. Cars were dodging poor Hersey and he almost got hit more than once.. I went out n the middle of the street...gather up Hersey by the collar...Picked their lock and opened the door to see.....Hersey...in the living room

Merry Christmas

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Omg, that is so funny, Icer!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    First of all, welcome back - for real, tt. Nice to hear you chat the "old way". Enjoyed the Harry story. I am sure he will be your guest more often, and soon eat his breakfast indoor, instead of outside in the cold. I can understand yours and your doc's concern about your elevated creatinin. But I am hoping it is just dehydration. After all, you have been so sick the past two weeks and have probably - with your nausea - not gotten enough liquid in. And I know, you are - like me - not a water guzzler in the first place. Try to get in at least 8 - 10 cups of liquid every day and hopefully your creatinin will lower itself. I understand you are going to see a urologist. That is good. Important to get those kidneys checked out. I am hoping and praying is is not as serious as you anticipate.

Thanks for the recipe, Winter. Shouldn't it be "one big green pepper" instead of onion though?
    I may make it for the kids, when they are here. They would love it with a salad and some garlic bread.

Kar, funny you should mention your neighbor's dog. I meant to ask you about Gracie's boyfriend, but keep forgetting. You haven't mentioned anything about him for a while. Did the family move or don't they have the dog any longer?

You must be excited to have your DD come home for Christmas, Hats. Does she come with a family?

I am going to the office today to tie up ends. Then I will take off tomorrow and Friday, getting ready for my family's arrival. Their rooms need a going over. It is amazing how must dust collects, even though no one is there. I also redo their bed linen, so it will be nice and fresh, when they arrive.

Hoping for good news from Amber soon

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL, Icer, that's priceless!

tt, was that your first non-essential excursion since you've been sick?!  ENJOY that sandwich!!!

Speaking of enjoying, I'm heading to the diner to enjoy my new calorie budget. ;)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

OMG, Icer - that is too funny. Did you really do that? Still chuckling. Tell us more. How did it end?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Icer, that is too funny. tt, your coldcuts sound delicious. Glad you were able to get out, even if it is close by. How is Cheerio now after Harry's visit? Pingo, thank you, yes it's a green pepper. I fixed it. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, your post just came up when mine did.  The dog still lives next door (not sure about them - I think they are renting to friends who kept the dog), but he is no longer a problem because I snapped one night at 10 when he was howling and barking on our property an hour after we'd gone to bed and left them a no-nonsense message.  They GOT the message so to speak, and they bring him inside at night.  I figured 5 years of my listening to him bark all night was plenty before I told them it was unacceptable in no uncertain terms.  I'd been gentler before mostly because DH thinks anything direct and clear is mean.  Oh, well, I guess he knows, now, he married a b. ;)

Dust...I know, I hate it.  It drives me insane.  

Yes, hoping Amber gets fabulous news soon.  What a great way to start the New Year with a new job!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Thanks for the recipe Winter....will let you know how it turns out.  Icer, what happened to the dog you rescued??  Glad to see you talking about real food tt, your on the mend...so glad, ss

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

The dog actually came from that house...but I did have little heart attack when I saw Hersey and Hersey's Uncle in the living room...Hersey's Uncle was the animal control officer in town and he was transporting this Hersey look a like to his home on the other side of town...but I am very glad to give a little chuckle to my chatter friends

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Icer, that is so priceless. What did he say to your picking their lock? Good he didn't arrest you. I am still chuckling. That is what you get for being the good samaritan. LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hello everyone.  Nice to see so many posts - especially from you tt!  Glad you are on the mend!

Kar - I never did get to congratulate you on reaching your goal - good for you!

Pretty windy and chilly out there today.  Tillie is not a fan of the cold!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

As far as pickin the lock goes....we live in a very tiight neighborhood...I have, in the past had to rangle a few of their animals...they had a family of rabbits chickens and the goat...as well asone dog an a multitue of cats....all of these animals would from time to time be found outside...The goat was the funny one...you should have seen our new neighbors when they bought the house and had pased papers.

From my kitchen window I saw them pull up to the house..get out...I saw the man pick up the woman to carry her over the threshold...then come ssreaming out thesame door with the goat naying up a strm at them

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, prin!  Hope you are faring ok on your liquid fast...Friday is almost here!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, how was your sandwich? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just came in to shut the computer off and saw your post, Winter.  Oh, that roast beef tasted so good.  It was a good size bulkie, so I cut it in half for lunch, and then during the afternoon and suppertime, finished the rest.  No potato salad yet, maybe tomorrow.

Have a good night everyone.  Shutting down.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

So glad you're enjoying (and keeping down) yummy food, tt!!

Sections
Shortcuts