December 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: December 2012

In response to oktret3's comment:

Waffles!!! mmmmm tastey tastey waffles.....any body else like gin?

Who are you and what are you talking about?    I don't like gin, too harsh.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I am sorry, Robin - you did it again. You are not supporting, you are giving instructions. If you feel you are not welcome here, this is one of the reasons why.
    I think the Winters are grown up and responsible enough, to figure out, what to do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

In response to oktret3's comment:

Waffles!!! mmmmm tastey tastey waffles.....any body else like gin?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I actually love gin!  Gin and tonic is my favorite summertime drink.  I have 6 of the little glass bottles in the fridge right now = just right for one tall one with some Tanqueray.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I am not giving instruction, I am simply sharing information that I learned the hard way, if you are not interested and feel it doesn't apply to you , fine, just ignore it!

But you can't assume that others (many lurkers) might not benefit from the info...

The more people that share information the better.

Owning a home and doing maintenance is difficult and expensive, why not try to help each other?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oktret3. Show oktret3's posts

Booooored at work thought i might spice up the convo a bit,  two people in the office today and decided to have gin and tonics at lunch today....used to post in these forums years ago 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oktret3. Show oktret3's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

I actually love gin!  Gin and tonic is my favorite summertime drink.  I have 6 of the little glass bottles in the fridge right now = just right for one tall one with some Tanqueray.

I like your style!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Gin and Vodka are the worst for women, dries out the skin etc...

Nasty withdrawal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oktret3. Show oktret3's posts

In response to Robin39's comment:

Gin and Vodka are the worst for women, drys out the skin etc...

Nasty withdrawal.

How about a well made vodka dirty martini?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

......once in a while,   I'm just saying you have to be careful.

I would prefer a Margarita made with fresh lime juice :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oktret3. Show oktret3's posts

In response to Robin39's comment:

......once in a while,   I'm just saying you have to be careful.

I'm picking up what youre putting down

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Welcome to the Chat, oktret3. When did you post at the forums? Don't recall your nom.

DH, TX son and DIL had dirty vodka martinis last night before dinner. UK son had a dirty Tequilatini. No dried up prunes in our family. I had wine before and with dinner.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Robin, thanks, but I said a couple of times that we could handle it. I wrote down the machine that Pingo suggested we might need. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oktret3. Show oktret3's posts

In response to pingo's comment:

Welcome to the Chat, oktret3. When did you post at the forums? Don't recall your nom.

DH, TX son and DIL had dirty vodka martinis last night before dinner. UK son had a dirty Tequilatini. No dried up prunes in our family. I had wine before and with dinner.

Wayyyy back probably 5 years....cant remember what forum it was under but it was in the days of "calmdown" "ariesgirl" and a few others i cant think of.  

Always a good pre-dinner type drink definitely not an all night type of drink...i switch to light beer if i'm in for the long haul.  Too thirsty of a drinker for the wine game

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

Robin, thanks, but I said a couple of times that we could handle it. I wrote down the machine that Pingo suggested we might need. 

Sure, no big deal, the goal is to dry out the area as much as you can, as soon as you can. Good luck.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Ready for another tale of woe??  Went to dr. and b.p. was 170, he apologized, said he was sorry, must have been from him keeping me waiting - - I said, "No, I can tell you what it's from.  Just before I left home went into toyroom with son who was putting out recycling for me.  Looked up, and ceiling was all water stained"!!!!  I was furious.  Put in a call to company, leaving message I would expect to hear from them this afternoon.  When I got home, message that someone would be over either late this afternoon or first thing tomorrow morning, and that they would take care of it.  I thought, Bet your boots you'll take care of it, and the ceiling too.

Had to have blood work to be sure sodium level is up and creatin level is down.  Otherwise, changes in amount of fluids I take in, and h.b. meds.  Never fluid pills of any kind again, says he.  Take b.p. every day and call him this afternoon for bloodwork results, and Weds for litany of readings over the next few days.

Did go into B&N after to pick up several books/magazines for baskets, and girl behind counter noted a philosophy book I had bought for son and said, "I need to read that.  Need to read that right now.  Hard times, I'm going through."  I told her everyone is, if not financial, than health and she should surround herself with positive energy.  So, surround me, people, with positive energy.  Only positive people need reply -

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oktret3. Show oktret3's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Ready for another tale of woe??  Went to dr. and b.p. was 170, he apologized, said he was sorry, must have been from him keeping me waiting - - I said, "No, I can tell you what it's from.  Just before I left home went into toyroom with son who was putting out recycling for me.  Looked up, and ceiling was all water stained"!!!!  I was furious.  Put in a call to company, leaving message I would expect to hear from them this afternoon.  When I got home, message that someone would be over either late this afternoon or first thing tomorrow morning, and that they would take care of it.  I thought, Bet your boots you'll take care of it, and the ceiling too.

Had to have blood work to be sure sodium level is up and creatin level is down.  Otherwise, changes in amount of fluids I take in, and h.b. meds.  Never fluid pills of any kind again, says he.  Take b.p. every day and call him this afternoon for bloodwork results, and Weds for litany of readings over the next few days.

Did go into B&N after to pick up several books/magazines for baskets, and girl behind counter noted a philosophy book I had bought for son and said, "I need to read that.  Need to read that right now.  Hard times, I'm going through."  I told her everyone is, if not financial, than health and she should surround herself with positive energy.  So, surround me, people, with positive energy.  Only positive people need reply -

Some people grumble that roses of thorns; i am grateful that thorns have roses :)

BOOM! Positivity bomb

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, your new roof is leaking? That is just terrible. No wonder, your BP was so high. I know, this is not a positive thought, but I feel so bad for you. They should redo the part that is leaking. Patching up and putting bandaids on a leaking roof never works. The water finds it's own way and the roof will leak again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Oh TT!  If it's not one thing, it's another thing!  And you are definitely dealing with more than your share this month.  Sickness and now leaking.  Wasn't the company recommended by one of your sons?  Sad.  I hope they respond as quickly as they said they would.  Keep us posted...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oktret3. Show oktret3's posts

Aaaaand thats it for me.....stay safe, stay calm and stop and have drink with a good friend every now and again

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

They're right here in town and have been in business for years, Hats, and yes, sons felt I should go with them since they are local and have excellent reputation.  As he said, they don't want me to put a sign on the front lawn that says, "Another sh*tty job done by XXXXX" !!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

tt, Let your boys handle it/call them  if they don't take care of the situation within a reasonable amount of time.   Don't make yourself sick, they don't listen to women. That's been my experience.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh tt, not a leaky roof. I hope they get out there as soon as possible, since it's supposed to snow this weekend. 

ETA:  tt, I hope all your tests came out fine today. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tt, hope your bloodwork comes back a-ok and you do fine with the changes in meds. That's a nightmare re the roof.  So sorry you have to deal with that now even before you're fully recovered.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just got lab work results.  Creatin was lowest it has been in over a year and sodium was up out of the really low range.  Yah!

Sections
Shortcuts