December 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: December 2012

tt, did they finish the roof yet?

The radar shows now, it is coming our way, but again it looks to me the largest banner is going more south. Will probably get the edge of it. Just hoping!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The repair only took a couple of hours, Pingo.  they're long gone.

Snowing now, so I guess we are going to get it.  Latest I heard from 6 inches overnight snowfall.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Glad that was essentially a non-issue, tt.  Phew!

took the car to the store as dh said coolant needs to be checked after the car is warm.  He's taking care of it, now.

making soup so dh can eat tomorrow without me,lol.  I finally ate "lunch" (and breakfast, technically) just now, a couple of TJ's wraps with cheese and salsa...and a nice, cold beer.

snowing here, but not very hard.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, he can't really do the project with hs dad, but he, DH, and myself will work on it Tuesday. It's due the 9th now. He does have written part done though. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Hi Everybody!!!! I was catching up with all of you, and so happy all is well. I have been checking in here and there over the past few weeks to catch up. t.t., my prayers for you were answered, I was so worried. I hadn't posted in so long, so I just kept checking in.  I'm taking down (or should I say putting away Christmas decorations that our darling delinquent Stitches knocked over from the mantle, tables, etc.) It's just started to snow, really pretty. D.D. is doing well. I sent her off to Ireland to visit her Granddad hen on Wed., I just talked with her, and her granddad and all is well now. When D.D. arrived, she went looking for her dog (jack russel). Her Grandad hadn't had the heart to tell her before she left Boston that her precious puppy passed on two days prior to her arrival. She's O.K. now, she and her grandfather went to Sat. eve mass, and are now having visitors. I'll be checking in. Happy Holidays All. b.g.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hi BG! Nice to hear from you and happy to hear things are well. I am not on here every day either for now. Sometimes life gets in the way but I do try to check in when I can.

Ladies, I would bet my life oktret3's is Reindeer Girl as she is back on Love Letters and Talk to BDC being her usual self...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

BG!  What a new year's present to hear from you and know all is well with your family and the famous jd cat!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

BG, what a wonderful surprise!  Sounds like dd is doing well.  Thank you so much for stopping in and giving us an update.  Hope it won't be so long next time...we miss you!  Love, kar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hello BG, glad your DD is doing well. Nice to hear from you too Amber you are missed. Hope you are doing well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Driving isn't very good out there friends.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In response to ambergirl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hi BG! Nice to hear from you and happy to hear things are well. I am not on here every day either for now. Sometimes life gets in the way but I do try to check in when I can.

Ladies, I would bet my life oktret3's is Reindeer Girl as she is back on Love Letters and Talk to BDC being her usual self...

[/QUOTE]

Breaking my self-imposed silence here to say: Nope. Wrong you are again, ambergirl. This is my one and only profile. Ask the mods, if you wish.

Au revoir!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

RG, as if the mods would tell us that.  And as if it would prove anything since anyone can have multiple devices and/or email addresses.  Me thinks with Hamlet that the lady doth protest too much....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

RG, as if the mods would tell us that.  And as if it would prove anything since anyone can have multiple devices and/or email addresses.  Me thinks with Hamlet that the lady doth protest too much....

[/QUOTE]

Since the CCers are amongst the Mod favorites, you and I both know they would tell you that.

I never heard of the person to whom ambergirl refers, and I have hardly been on b.com for months and months.

Also, you are using that Hamlet quote out of context.  Close-reading is your friend.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Lmao! I just knew RG couldn't resist! Of course it is you! Like Hats said, anyone can have multiple emails and user names. Isn't that what I complained about on Talk to BDC and you made your nasty comment to me? But did you seriously say this to Hats?? This after correcting my spelling?? it has to be tough to be perfect.. so I actually pity you and wish you a good life. Relax and enjoy it RD.

Also, you are using that Hamlet quote out of context. Close-reading is your friend

ETA: If it isn't you RG and you are never on here, why would you respond?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber how are you doing?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hi Winter! Hanging in there... waiting to see about the Fiscal Cliff. I have no unemployment checks as of today (along with 2 million other people)  if they don't resolve it. I only have enough in savings for the month of January for my rent. I have an appointment Friday to consider temp work, but that worries me as it is not reliable and I don't have another pay check in my house. So lots of stress going on. Weekends seem to be the best time for me to check in here, but usually nobody is on after 5:00, so nice to see you and Hats tonight : ) I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Any big plans for New Years? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Terrible that you have no more unemployment checks. I'm so sryy, please let me know if you need anything.  I hope they resolve the fiscal cliff as well; if they don't all of our taxes will go up and up.  Since I got my iPad I can be on at night. I'm glad someone was on to talk too. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas as well. We have no plans for New Year's except staying home.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you so much Winter... I know some people on this forum don't like serious issues, so nice to have the nightime to talk about it. Yes, it is much more than unemployment checks and my heart goes out to you and your husband. It is awful what this country is going through and the working poor, formally middle class are going through it the worse. But enough of depressing talk : )  How is Yoda? My Boo has been ridiculous close to me but runs when anyone else comes in my house. Nobody believes me when I say he is so affectionate and it doesn't help he is a big cat! lol!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Going to watch an HBO movie, On Demand and hopefully get tired. So nice chatting with you Winter and Hats tonight : )

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yoda is good. Still not letting us pet him except for 5am, but that's ok. It's my time with him. Have a good night Amber.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I'm more of a daytime person these days.  Generally ready for sleep by 9 and up by 5 or 6 - but I try not to post when I get up most days because I want the conversation to develop on other people's lines.

My lights on the bushes look so pretty with the heavy coat of snow but I hate snow so much!  Hate it!  Want to go live in Florida for the winter.  Oh well, Hubby must stay here and I must be with him.

TT is your roof repair holding?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

What a nice surprise to click on the computer this morning and see all the posting that went on last night!  Especially seeing beastsgirl nom again.  Thank you for your prayers, I'm now hearing a lot of people had sent them up on my behalf.  -  "You never know" -

Love hearing someone else use the "Me thinks" quote, Hats.  whenever I hear or read it I think of my great aunt in Maine who when talking about her middle aged son and his claims that his relationship with his "lady friend" was not serious, said, "Me thinks he doth protest too much" !  I loved that and use it a lot myself.  I loved the way she talked, a real old down Mainer.

Opened the door to the toyroom a few minutes ago (had closed it because even with the window open the bleach smell was overpowering and I didn't want Cheerio going in there to lay in her favorite place in front of the wall register), and don't see any stains.  Of course, it's still a little dim in there, and my eyes haven't fully opened yet, but I'm not expecting any problem.  If there is, I know he is stopping by Monday anyway.

Kargiver, are you still planning your drive to your brother's today?  Be careful, you don't know what you will run into on the roads in Ct.

Too funny about RG, Amber, you certainly have her number.

Sorry to read your son didn't get to NY, Winter.  I'm sure everyone there was  looking forward to his visit and disappointed in the cancellation.  Can certainly understand your ex's reasoning in deciding not to chance it.

Want to get dressed before plow guys show up, so I'm off.  Succulent blueberry scones wait with a cup of hot hot coffee for my breakfast.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Previous post is so long, don't want to add a P.S. - but guess who came into my room around 4:00 this morning with a "you know what"  in her mouth?  She always chases them over to my closet and they always end up either behind or in a bag of folded trader joe/B&N bags that I keep there.  Heard her rummaging around, and then lost interest.  So, at least I know where it last was, but I'll stay away from there and hope when night falls it will make its way out and back to wherever it came from.  There's always a little animal excitement going on in this house!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

we're early to bed, early to rise folks, too. :)  

glad the roof and ceiling seem ok this morning and that they will be checking it tomorrow to make sure all is well.  No real harm done. 

Speaking of Cheerio's escapades, we caught a mouse in the garage last night.  Ick.

Yes, still heading to CT today, and will be very careful, thanks.  Dh topped off the coolant and determined no leak.  I won't be leaving until noon so the roads should be all set by then, and the forecast is clear until I return Monday morning.

sailed through Christmas without gaining more than 0.2 lbs, and that might be residual water weight - I stayed under my maintenance budget so unless my calculations are off I couldn't have gained real weight.  My body composition scale says so, too. :)

got to get the house put together and cook for dh's lunch, dinner, and pack his lunch for tomorrow.  He's now officially spoiled to the point of not being able to feed himself. ;)

time for another cuppa first.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

Thought I would pop on before I finish my coffee and then go shovel. The trees look so pretty!! Cheerio is a good mouser tt : )  Happy to hear Yoda is good Winter. No matter the time, don't you just love when you can pat him! Kar, be careful driving... Have a good day everyone!

Sections
Shortcuts