December 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Re: December 2012

Good Morning Everyone.  Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy and HEALTHY New Year!  Not sure what our plans are for tonight, most likely staying in and playing cards or something.  May get some Chinese food too!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Happy New Year too, Princess.  I tend to forget all about that holiday, it's been many years since I have celebrated, even with girlfriends - none of us drive at night any more!  lol  Chinese food was always our take out too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Cold morning this morning. There aren't many of us at work today. We don't have any plans, maybe watch a movie at home. I'd love Chinese food, but DH doesn't like it much. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Pizza and wine for us tonight!  We'll be done and in bed long before the ball drops.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Dinner reservations for me.

I was married on NYE years ago so we try to always have a special dinner.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I've a slew of washes to do again.  If I don't keep at it every day or two it seems to pile til there are 3 that need washing.  

Want to get upstairs and finalize my list of just what I'm looking for to top off each of the baskets, and make sure G.T. and partner's stockings are bulging at the seams.  So glad I got into B&N last week and got the books/magazines taken care of.  My menu for the 13th keeps growing - I do this to myself, and I really don't have to.  Want to be sure there is something gluten free son can eat, regardless of him saying salad will be fine.  Now it's 2 trays of lasagna, a couple of cheese pizzas for the kids, salad,  a brown rice dish for that son, plus G.T. and partner like it and I think it's something pumpkin's mom will like.  I have the ice cream roll and a dutch apple pie in freezer, and want to finally frost the half moons that have been in there for months, and of course, the gingerbread men to make.  Maybe GD can come down Friday when she gets out of school to put the finishing touches of red and green scarves on them. Think I will make the brown rice skillet dish the day before and then just reheat - sometimes dishes like that actually get more flavor  the 2nd day.

But, for today, I'd better get started with the washes.

ETA:  Happy anniversay, allreadymarried, your post was up when mine came up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Lobsters tonight for the Pingo family. And oysters, if we can get them. Have never had oysters at home before, but the kids do them in TX all the time.
    I will have to take a nap this afternoon, if I have to stay up until midnight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Newton DIL (Lilly's Nana) just called.  Sounds like she has the same thing I did.  She checked with dr. on call who said it doesn't sound like the flu, but a cold.  She has trouble breathing, uses an inhaler with allergies, so she does have to be careful.  She said she has trouble catching her breath, and I told her to be checked in ER and have a chest x-ray to be sure it hasn't settled in her lungs.  Unless she gets a lot worse, I know she won't go.  Supposed to go back to work Weds., and again, it will take a lot to make her stay home.  Good news is that little Lilly is just about done with the flu.  Tis the season, huh, with all these colds and viruses.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just got an email from G.T.  They now have a foot of snow on the ground, all told.  He's in western MA, so Kargiver must have gotten hit with a lot too.  Hope her drive to CT was without incident.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, your spread of food for the 13th sounds wonderful. Happy Anniversary allready.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hit post before I meant too. Hope Lily is feeling better soon, stinks to be sick on your school break. I agree with you that beacuse he has asthma she should get a chest x-ray.

Pingo, lobsters sound fabulous for tonight's dinner. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Happy,Healthy New Year to all.  DD is working today, but all the talk about Chinese food put a bug in my ear, I called her at work and when her day (3PM) is done, she will head to the Chinese place for our dinner.....know I won't stay up till Midnight, haven;t done that in a long time.  DH and I both get Social Security,was just informed I got a raise for next year, you ready, $7.00, after Medicare deduction I get less than $600. per month, thank goodness for DH, I could never do it alone.  Take care all and Keep Smiling, sw

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Allready, Happy Anniversary and many more......my Grandaughters Anniversary too. ss

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Thank you for the wishes!

No chinese tonight but now thinking some for tomorrow.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Had an open container of chunk pineapple in fridge that I wanted to use up, just made some pineapple scones.  Not a whole lot of flavor to them, but went good with my lunch.  I use my basic Martha Stewart scone recipe and try different additions.

Sun is out here and I'm tempted to hit a couple of stores.  Forecast for rest of week shows temps only in the 20's, and I know I won't be going out in that.  Haven't gotten upstairs yet tho for my final list of goodies for baskets.  Some will come from T.J.'s, and that's an early morning shopping trip for me.

Think I'll go out and at least start the car up and let it run a bit - not too long, because I'm low on gas.

Kargiver, you home yet?  How was your visit ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

@ambergirl,  according to Channel 5 news, deal on the table for the fiscal cliff thing...part of it would be to extend unemployment benefits for another year, Happy New Year!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I'm with Icer... "wow".  Just checked in to wish my friends a Happy New Year.

Slow day here, too, Winter and not many people around.  I am only working b/c I used up almost all of my earned time for mat. leave over the summer.  I can hear the office next to us having a rowdy lunch party though.  Will live vicariously through them!

DH just called and is ordering Chinese for tonight.  We were invitied to a family-friendly party, but DD is just getting over a pretty nasty cold and I'd rather just stay in.  I don't see midnight much these days unless I'm up changing a diaper anyways.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Happy New Year!

Just got home after a great visit and preparing for Christmas # 2 tomorrow - cooking, cleaning, you know the drill. Hope everyone who had parties had everything turn out as planned and a great time had by all, and for those whose celebrations are still ahead, have a wonderful time.

When the kargiver dust settles will be back - next year!!

Hugs and best wishes to everyone,

kar

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Slow day here on the boards and at work. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just got back in.  Ran out and finished up my shopping for Christmas baskets.  Yah!  Nice day to be out and about, and the traffic wasn't too bad.  Glad to be done.  Picked up a birthday gift for a DIL too.  Now I have to think about what to have for my supper/New Years Eve celebratory meal.

Glad you're back home safely, Kargiver.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Christmas #8 is tonight, 9 tomorrow and then....done!!!! I am getting a bit tired.  But I have a CD on that I haven't listened to yet, so....talk later.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

In case I don't get one before I head home I wanted to wish all of you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I am going to take advantage of the fact that I can post from this laptop to extend HNY to alll...we are having our annual open house tonight

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, tt - the roads were good, just wet.

signing off for the rest of 2012 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

and thats it for 2012...