December 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: December 2012

good morning,

Saw N.P.  Had bloodwork and a chest x-ray.  No peumonia, but  bronchitis along with flu, and dehydration.  On that miraculous Zpak and hoping that dries everything up.  Won't be on the boards.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, thanks for checking in with us. Glad you got a ZPak, but sorry about the Flu and bronshitis. Hope you start to feel better soon. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks for letting us know, tt - even though you don't feel up to being on the Chat.

So my guesses came true. So sorry, you have to deal with this, tt. That bronchitis is so hard to get rid of this time of the year. You need to think of yourself and take good care of yourself. I had bronchitis lasting for months. Even though you think you are over it, it may start all over again because you are so run down. Hope that Zpak will work for you. Do you have a humidifier?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, that is a lot to deal with... I hope you get better soon and we can see you on here every day again : )  I sent a follow up email today reiterating my interest in the job and have they made a decision. Haven't heard anything yet. Still applying to other jobs, but would really have liked to get this one. I hope she at least has the courtesey to give me an update either way, considering she told me I was her first choice. So frustrating...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh Amber, the waiting must be killing you. I so wish for you, they had let you know by now. Crossing all my fingers so hard for you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber, so sorry you haven't heard yet. I suspect the 4 of them are trying to decide who to give it you. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Unfortunately, Winter, there is so much politics involved in larger companies, when hiring. I just hope, this is not the case in this case.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, so sorry tt.  having had bronchitis many times I feel your pain, and it's bad.  :(  z-pak works for me...hope you can say the same very soon.

ambergirl, what a huge disappointment to not have heard by now like she promised.  Hugs!!  There is time and still hope.

got back with the groceries, now must put them away and get to cleaning in high gear.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I know Pingo, that's why I said they could be discussing it. Our company does that if 4 or more people are involved in the interview process.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

delete double post

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT I had the bronchits and Z-pack last year and it worked really well, I hope it will work for you too.

Concerning the bourbon - I bought a bottle of Maker's Mark in the '80s and finished it this year by drinking the occasional bourbon and ginger ale.  So I bought another bottle this spring expecting it to last another 25 years, but it is half gone because of the hot toddies! I think I have bronchitis too but am resisting going in to aske for the antibiotics because I don't want to add another med to my already delicate system and risk killing my biota.  More toddies for me!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Dr. Natura sells a fabulous, many strain pro-biotic I take after any round of antibiotics.  It gets me back on track fast, way more efficiently than yogurt.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Good to know, but it's best to fight it out if you can, at least I think so. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, that's only for if you must take antibiotics, I agree.  I don't take them willy nilly, either.

will be off soon to get Chris...won't be online much the rest of the week, but I'll be thinking of you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Oh TT, so sorry to hear that. Hope the Zpack works. Not much new Here here. Finally saw Mom today. It was nice, I missed her a lot.

Kar, your cousin sounds so interesting!!  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tt, with the others, I'm hoping to hear the zpac is doing its thing!

prin, wow, the more we catch up the more facinating I learn he is!  Looking forward to our day...wishing dh had the week off.

must hurry with breakfast and coffee...have a good one, everyone!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

I'm sure you are all bored with my job talk, but I am getting panicky to be honest. If the government does not resolve the fiscal cliff issues, I will lose my unemployment, along with 2 million other people as of December 29th. Scary times for this country... I am hoping it is as Pingo and Winter said about 4 people involved in this hiring, but really wish she had at least responded to my email yesterday telling me they still haven't decided or something. But I had a phone call from one of the staffing agencies yesterday too I am signed up with and she has a job for me to interview with. When she sent my resume to them, they were interested. They want a career person for this postion and the money I am asking is not a problem. This job is actually more suited for me. My agency is setting up the interview for me, so she will get back to me today with date and time. She said I would probably interview tomorrow or Friday. I hope so, as I am losing trust in the job process. I know that is just me, but I must admit to getting discouraged. But not putting all my eggs in one basket. I am going to have a second cuppa, get in the shower and go out and run some errands. Have a wonderful day everyone!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Amber, it's so sad that you have not heard, but...good that you have another nibble.  Hoping that it all works out for you and you have to decide between the jobs.  If you get #1, I think you should continue to interview for #2, after all, you need to protect yourself as they protected themselves by keeping you hanging....

I think the Fiscal cliff will be resolved.  I'm not worrying so much about that.  Frankly I think the American people spoke pretty loudly that they don't think millionaires like Romney should be paying less than 13% in taxes while we pay lots more proportionately.  The Republic party just has to face up to reality.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks Hats... : )  I am planning on still going on the second interview if I get the first job. As my mother was fond of saying "don't put all your eggs in one basket"  Plus the second job is attractive to me too. I sincerely hope you are right about the unemployment, but not knowing whether or not you will get a check in 3 weeks is nerve wracking to say the least. I watched an HBO documentary called Hard Times. I related to everyone on it. I just have to keep the faith... 

tt, I hope you are getting better and better every day.

Kar, I hope you are having a blast with company!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

I agree with Hats, Amber, that the "cliff" will be resolved.  I think they are just doing their political dances right now.  If it's any consolation, my company is extremely slow when it comes to hiring.  For example, I got the offer for  my new position in June - I applied and interviewed in January!  And that's an internal hire!  Hang in there!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you all so much for your support... I pray you are right about the fiscal cliff. I feel like all I do is complain, so 2013 has to be positive!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Amber, I'm sorry you haven't heard yet. But it's great that you have another interview coming up. I think the fiscal cliff will be resolved as well. I'm also hoping BIG TIME that the Medical Device Tax gets repealed or thousands of MA workers will be layed off (possibly DH).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Yes, we are living in uncertain times for sure. I am so glad to hear you have a second interview, Amber. That is encouraging. Make sure you go to this new interview with the idea, that this is the job, you want to have - and not to let the shadow of the other one hang over it. Interviewers will know, and have less interest. They are interviewers after all. Good luck with both. I do hope something will pan out for you, before you loose your unemployment. And yes, please complain here as much as you want. It is good for you to get it out of your system.
    Kar, your cousin sounds so interesting. Must have a lot of stories to tell. Imagine being a free bird and be able to do whatever you want? I am sure, he must have had hardships as well. Have a great visit.
    tt, I hope you are on the mend with your Zpak. I know, you won't be on the boards until you feel better, but I want you to know, I am thinking of you.
    Princess, you didn't see your mom all the time, you were sick? That is sad. I can imagine, you missed her, and she you. How are you feeling?
    Winter, I hope your DH doesn't lose his job. I just don't understand, why they want to put a tax on medical devices. The majority of people, who uses them are on disability and having  problems of their own. Why punish them with this. I am hoping they have done some research in order to justify this.
    Nothing special on the docket today. I started to wrap presents last night and will continue after I get home from the office tonight. I will try to leave a bit early, b/c Wee Willie Winkey makes his first stop at the Pingo household.
    Have a good day all. Stay warm and dry. Just noticed they have a 28 degree this morning in TX. Wow, unheard of.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Did anyone realize it is 12/12/12 today? I just did. Eerie!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, the 2.3% tax money is to pay for ObamaCare. What the administration doesn't seem to realize is that if you tax these companies they have no choice but to move their manufacturing to China and thus thousands of people will lose their jobs. 

Sections
Shortcuts