December 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Re: December 2012

Pingo - I did see Mom a couple of times, when my brother brought her in, but I wasn't very close to anyone and with work schedules, etc. they really could only come by on weekends (which I understand).

ObamaCare is going to effect my company significantly but I am hoping there will not be layoffs. We'll see.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm with you there Princess, because if a lay off happens, not sure we'll be able to stay in our home. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I feel your pain Winter and I can relate to that... the middle class has sadly become the working poor..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber what field are you in? I can keep and eye open.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I have worked for Financial, Law, and Tech industries. Administrative and Office Administrator/Manager.

Thanks Winter : )

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Ok Amber if I see or hear anything I'll let you know. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

So, I just came home and opened my mail. Several Christmas cards. One stood out. I was not amused. In fact I was put off a bit. It was a picture card with the family and the caption said
    "Merry Everything" and then their printed names. Why does people have such a hard time to say "Merry Christmas"? Am I being a scrooge? I hope it is not going to be a trend.
    The rest was nice cards. Some of them with handwritten notes. They made up for it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to pingo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, I just came home and opened my mail. Several Christmas cards. One stood out. I was not amused. In fact I was put off a bit. It was a picture card with the family and the caption said
    "Merry Everything" and then their printed names. Why does people have such a hard time to say "Merry Christmas"? Am I being a scrooge? I hope it is not going to be a trend.
    The rest was nice cards. Some of them with handwritten notes. They made up for it.

[/QUOTE]

omg! We got that same card and my reaction was "I think I should go out and buy the most religious posssible card to send back because this is obnoxious."  Terrible!  I am afraid it is a trend, though......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Pingo, I agree.  I only buy Christmas cards that say "Merry Christmas" on them - not "Happy Holidays,"  and especially not "Merry Everything!"

Chilly out there this morning.  The dogs wanted no part of going outside, lol.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Read the posts re "Happy Holidays"  "Happy Everything" vs. "Merry Christmas", and don't see what's to get upset about.  They are sending you wishes for a merry  Christmas merry new year, and all inbetween.  I got many that said "Happy Holidays" (G.T.'s included), and took no offense.  Best one I got was yesterday, and I'm sure it will stay on the top of the list - "Happy Holidays" and inside "Blessings for the New Year", with an ultrasound photo of their first "blessing", expected this Spring!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. What a cold morning. I don't blame the dogs princess, I didn't want to go out in the cold either.Hope you all have a nice day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I don't usually put Merry Christmas on the card only beause I have a few Jewish contacts that we send cards too. That way one card serves everyone. But we do have a lighted Merry Christmas card on the outside of our house.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, glad to see you post this morning. Are you feeling better? You've been so missed here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

No I don't mind Happy Holidays or Season's Greetings, and I send them myself. And I send New Year cards too.  And I send a lot of "Peace on Earth" because I think that is an important and universal sentiment.  

However, I think "Merry Everything"  arriving in November as the one I got did, with pictures of a 'perfect' family all dressed up in identical clothes is not a sincere wish expressed to the recipient, rather a piece of one-upmanship "look how perfect we are, and how perfect our big mansion is and how perfect our children are and how cool we are because we have totally rejected all your petty religious considerations and gotten our cards out two weeks before everyone else."  That is what I objected to.  So I sent them one with lots of glitter.  I only hope it annoyed Miss Perfect whom we have not seen in 16 years but who persists in acting as if we are close.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Why don't you just drop them from your card sending list, given your feelings.  One or two years not hearing from you would prompt her to also drop you from their list, which seems to annoy rather than gladden you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Well you are right about that, however, they always send one first so I don't feel I can politely do that and secondly we are sorta kinda tangentially related so.....

ETA however they did send little gifts for a while but I never did because I do not believe in giving/receiving gifts to/from people/children one never or has never seen.  Finally they stopped that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I've dropped a couple of people I haven't seen in years, who would send these ad nauseum letters of all their and their children's accomplishments over the year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

How are you feeling tt? Better I hope.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I am so trying to feel better, Winter, but still feel so sick.  Terrible night of acid last night.  Trying to make a sort of list of what is still needed as gifts so that I might run out locally tomorrow for just an hour.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pingo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hats, I only send religious Christmas cards, I have a friend who turns her nose up at anything religious.....(I can't understand why she celebrates the religious holidays)_ so I make sure to send her a very religious card, even tho she sends generic cards.    Tell me Pingo does this medical tax mean I will have to pay extra for my oxgen containers??   Was talking to tt, she is doing a bit better, long slow process.  Thank goodness she went to the Dr. when she did..Take care all ss

[/QUOTE]

omg! We got that same card and my reaction was "I think I should go out and buy the most religious posssible card to send back because this is obnoxious."  Terrible!  I am afraid it is a trend, though......

[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

SS, I've been on the boards a bit this morning -

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That's exactly my point, Hats. They make up this perfect picture on their computer and order a bunch of them. They probably have to order in lots of 25 or 50, so let's make sure we use them all. Then they go on their computer, print out labels from the list they have stored there, stick the labels on the envelopes, stuff them and are done. Totally impersonal and no sincerety.
    And now this "Merry Everything" - how uncelebrative can one get?
    I send out "Happy Holidays" and "Season Greetings" to friends, I know are not Christians. And I don't mind receiving those either as they cover the entire holiday season, but Merry Everything is too casual for me.
    I have already cut that particular family off my list, but we are still on their computerized mailing list.

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

No I don't mind Happy Holidays or Season's Greetings, and I send them myself. And I send New Year cards too.  And I send a lot of "Peace on Earth" because I think that is an important and universal sentiment.  

However, I think "Merry Everything"  arriving in November as the one I got did, with pictures of a 'perfect' family all dressed up in identical clothes is not a sincere wish expressed to the recipient, rather a piece of one-upmanship "look how perfect we are, and how perfect our big mansion is and how perfect our children are and how cool we are because we have totally rejected all your petty religious considerations and gotten our cards out two weeks before everyone else."  That is what I objected to.  So I sent them one with lots of glitter.  I only hope it annoyed Miss Perfect whom we have not seen in 16 years but who persists in acting as if we are close.

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Glad to see you on the forums this morning, tt. Be careful if you do go out tomorrow. It is mighty cold out there. The cold air is not for a lady with bronchitis. Bundle up and put a scarf around your nose and mouth. But the fresh air and sunshine will do you good. How is Cheerio doing? And Harry? Were you still able to feed him?

ss, since I didn't send that family a card this year, I might just take your suggestion and buy the most religious card overdone with a lot of glimmer and send them. There is still time.

Still wrapping presents. Do a few every night, when I get home. Now I have to make lists of groceries for the holidays. I will have 3 extra, hungry mouths to feed for almost two weeks. Hope I can get the ducks. Haven't seen them around yet. I did ask both S&S and TJ's to get some for me. They said, they would try.

Have a good day everyone. I am off to the office.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

ss, the medical device tax has nothing to do with the consumer. It's the companies that make the medical devices. They are being taxed 2.3% on everything they manufacture. Small stuff wouldn't be an issue, but if the company makes larger items, like CAT scans, MRI or X-Rays which cost a lot it could cost companies millions of dollars. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Went online to B&N this morning and ordered a couple of kids' gifts so I won't be driving myself crazy looking for something to fill their bags.  Now just have a grownup gift (little something) and odds and ends to round out the baskets.  Looking through my wrappings box, need tissue a roll of  holiday paper, and some gift bags.  Will try to itemize that today.  Heard next week was not going to be good weather-wise, that's why I was thinking of running out tomorrow.  Will see what the morning brings.  Certainly do not feel well enough to do it today.  Did finish most of the cards and have them in the mail slot.  No notes this year, just a "Merry Christmas" written across the card.