December 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: December 2012

TT you might look at the Christmas tree store website and see if you can find a coupon - they have great tissue and wrapping paper altho you have to look at the deals.  I found that their expensive items - 3.99 and 4.99 are much cheaper per foot and per sheet (for tissue) than the $1.00 for 22 sheets of plain tissue - but it's all in what you will use and what you will store.

One thing I used to buy at CTS was their Trappist jams but they have raised the price to 3.29/jar - and Market Basket is $3.00 so I see fewer trips over to Medford in my future!  Yeah!  I just spent $175 at Market Basket but I am hoping not to have to go there again until the 21st...we'll see...three parties I am throwing this weekend so that accounts for the large bill.

TT I am sorry to hear that your bronch is hanging on and I hope that every day sees some improvement for you!  It's been slow here without you.  Princess Cal I envy you still having your mom around, mine died young and I miss her so.  I hope your health stays with you through the Holidays.  Amber, still hoping for the best possible outcome for you whatever that may turn out to be.  Kar, assume that your non-appearance today means you are having fun with the cuz.  Ok enough musings  for one message....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, Hats.  Not so much the bronchitis, but the nausea and today terrible acid in my mouth.  Enough's enough, 13 days of not feeling well is about my limit here.  CTS is always a zoo, tho I appreciate a good bargain as much as the next one, will run out to the Dollar Store for paper goods, and will try to finish up baskets at Marshall's or T.J.'s.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

How has Cheerio been tt? I'm sure she gave you lots of love.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

She was throwing up a couple of days herself - sympathy?  I didn't think animals caught human viruses.  Harry has been out there mornings, freezing, but I have managed to feed him.  He depends on me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm sure Harry thanks you for it. We are our tree up but not decorated yet. Yoda keeps sitting under it on top of the tree skirt. He looks mighty happy under there. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I am thinking of getting a spiral cut ham for a gathering, we are having after Christmas. I have never bought one. Any particular brand I should look for?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hi Pingo

I would go with a Carando, they are very good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I have always used carando ham with success.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hello ladies,

tt, so HAPPY to see you on here : ) Although you are still not feeling well, I am thrilled you are at least a little better. I believe cats feel what you are going through. Call me nuts, but Boo (my quiet one) cannot sit any closer to me every day since I have been out of work and sick. I believe he is much more sensitive than Tigger. Tigger is just charming. I call him the "player" lol! So I had to go to the library today to make more copies of my work log for unemployment. When I had to apply for an extension, I was told I am now on Federal instead of State for unemployment insurance. Unbelievably I have to do another 2 hour class Monday and see a career counselor along with giving them 4 months of my work log. I already did this for the State but now it is for the Federal government. How ironic 3 weeks away from my not getting a check if the government can't get their act together. If I don't do it, I lose my benefits. Nothing yet from the first job but what is more frustrating is nothing more from my staffing agency who called me about an interview! Communication is so lacking today and I think it is beyond rude. Can you tell I am frustrated today? lol! On the Christmas card discusssion, I always send Merry Christmas cards but I am not offended if I get anything different. Everyone is entitled to celebrate their own religion except Christians it seems. I get the pressure to be PC, but really ridiculous in the end. I am seeing a backlash this year to all the anti Merry Christmas and it does my heart glad. I believe in God in my heart. He doesn't need more than that. But I have some friends and family who are die hard church goers and the most pious people I ever met. So I posted this on facebook.. "Standing in a garage doesn't make you a car, anymore than going to church makes you a Christian" Needless to say I didn't get any likes from them! lol! I am writing a book here.. I hope everyone has a good day!

ETA: Just got an email from my staffing agency. The woman is going to review the resumes with her manager today to see who they want to interview. My agency told me they were interested in my resume, so hoping I get an interview! Fingers crossed!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thank you both, tt and Amber. I was looking at the hams this morning, and was so confused. I know I could you guys.

I can feel your frustration, Amber. I am so sorry, you have to go through this. Hopefully you will see a solution. Praying one of these two jobs will come through for you.

ETA. Sorry, Winter - thanks to you too!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Wasn't me giving advice on hams Pingo. I am a ham but I don't cook them : ) Thanks for understanding Pingo. I try hard to not let my frustration show, but my fingers get the best of me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Brought the box of wrapping downstairs, stair by stair, and will bag some of the smaller presents. Bought a large container of name cards from CTS and see the whole side is open, probablyis missing half of them - but then, there is more than enough for what I need.  Going to  bag and tie the 2 of the baskets that are complete.  Had picked up a tray at CTS to put with a friend's other gifts, but have decided to keep that for myself.

Seeing the sun out is deceiving, I think.  Hope I can get out tomorrow for just a bit, with a detailed list of what I need.

Had my son pick up soups, crackers, and a pkg. of boneless breasts yesterday, and boiled one up this afternoon.  Picking on it and it does taste good.  Me who never salts, loading it with salt.  Also grabbed a couple of handfuls of shredded mozzarella cheese - have missed my cheeses and milk.  Hopefully this nausea is turning around.  Have some fruit cocktail in the fridge and will try that a little later.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sorry you are frustrated Amber. Having to go to unemplyment with that stuff is no fun. I hope you hear something about the job or an interview soon. tt, glad you are able to eat something. Hope this means you are taking a turn for the better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, don't do too much since it sounds like you are feeling a little better. But your body will rebel if you do, trust me...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Winter, in all honesty the going downtown to the class is annoying at best but not sure about my benefits continuing in January is far more stressful. Sure my landlord doesn't want to hear "I can't pay my rent due to the fiscal cliff" But I know you understand.. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Pingo I third the vote for the Carando hams, had one last month it was very nice and at 1.89 a lb at the MB, can't beat it.  I may do another one after XMAS for one of my post-parties.  Hubby's family is broken and feuding so we have to pay the price of having lots of separate "festivities." 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

See, how much you are on my mind, Amber?

In response to ambergirl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wasn't me giving advice on hams Pingo. I am a ham but I don't cook them : ) Thanks for understanding Pingo. I try hard to not let my frustration show, but my fingers get the best of me.

[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

LOL! Made my day Pingo : )

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thank you Hats, sounds Cerando is picked unanimously. Anotherquestion. Do you heat it up or do you eat it a room temperature? Googled it, and they say "you can warm it up, if you like, but is delicious cold" ??? Don't want to dry it out.

Btw. went to order our ducks this morning. I am always worried, they won't carry them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Heat it up by all means.  You won't dry it out.  It comes with its own glaze.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be heading out in a bit but I want to wish everyone a good night. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Ladies, taking a break from the forums. I promise to check in if I finally get a job. Have a very Merry Christmas. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

About the heating of the ham - depends on the meal I am serving it for.  For a buffet I would just take it out of the refridgerator for a few hours before  to get it at room temp and put the hot glaze (microwave it) on it.  The ham is fully cooked and it is cured so it won't spoil at room temp.  For a sit down dinner I would warm it but sometimes I just take off what I think we will eat and warm that.....it will dry out if it is overheated - the sliced part anyhow.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Oh Amber Merry Christmas to you and hope your New Year will be one of peace and prosperity.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Thinking of you Amber.

TT - Nice to see you on the boards, and hope you are back to 100% soon.  You probably salted because your body needs it. 

DH went out  so I am snuggling with Tillie & Spencer and catching up on all of my DVR'd shows (Top Chef).  Caught DH's cold, so going to bed early.  Luckily it's just a cold and not too bad.  So sick of being sick!  Have another doc appt at BI tomorrow.  I think I spend my life at Drs!

If I am feeling up to it, I am thinking of having Christmas Eve at my house.  I would do a (heavy) apps and desserts type evening.  I want to do it so bad, just hope my body cooperates!  Still need to gain weight, so at least it's a good time of year to do that!  I'll have to hit the eggnog, lol.  That'll do it!

Not doing my normal Christmas decorations this year.  We didn't even put up a tree.  I usually do it the day after TG, but I don't think we'll even put one up this year.  I put out a few things, but I'm just not up to it yet.  Caught Tillie playing with my snowman candle. . .I'm thinking perhaps it's a good thing we don't have a tree up!!  She is a rascal, but she's cute!