December 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: December 2012

Said goodbye this morning as dh took Chris to the train station a day early due to a family emergency going on at his next stop.  We had a blast, and I moved up the super special dinner to last night, Pingo's Rack o' Lamb...amazing.  We ate a ton each, diets cast to the wind, lol.  We caught up so well and so easily, talking a blue streak the whole time.  Turns out that he's grown into someone I can really relate to - we are SO much alike!  

tt, 13 days really sick is too long, for sure!  I hope the antibiotics are turning things around.

ambergirl, guess I missed you here, but hoping that after this frustrating delay you get great news in the end and soon.  Merry Christmas!

prin, I only put the tree up for dh, lol.  I love your app and dessert idea for Christmas Eve, but hope you'll consider getting it catered if done at all. Not that you need a lecture from me, of course. :)

pingo, you can warm up the ham and not dry it out; they come with directions.

now, to clean up and start getting ready to host two Christmas dinners, one with a big overnight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Amber, sorry I missed you, but have a wonderful Christmas. You will be missed. Princess, take care of yourself if you are going to attempt Christmas Eve. Our tree is up with lights, will decorate it this weekend. Then I need to start wrapping and get a couple more girfts. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In response to princess-cal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thinking of you Amber.

TT - Nice to see you on the boards, and hope you are back to 100% soon.  You probably salted because your body needs it. 

DH went out  so I am snuggling with Tillie & Spencer and catching up on all of my DVR'd shows (Top Chef).  Caught DH's cold, so going to bed early.  Luckily it's just a cold and not too bad.  So sick of being sick!  Have another doc appt at BI tomorrow.  I think I spend my life at Drs!

If I am feeling up to it, I am thinking of having Christmas Eve at my house.  I would do a (heavy) apps and desserts type evening.  I want to do it so bad, just hope my body cooperates!  Still need to gain weight, so at least it's a good time of year to do that!  I'll have to hit the eggnog, lol.  That'll do it!

Not doing my normal Christmas decorations this year.  We didn't even put up a tree.  I usually do it the day after TG, but I don't think we'll even put one up this year.  I put out a few things, but I'm just not up to it yet.  Caught Tillie playing with my snowman candle. . .I'm thinking perhaps it's a good thing we don't have a tree up!!  She is a rascal, but she's cute!

Princess, hope your feeling better.  My Mom (God Love her) always thought egg nog would fix anyone right  up, if you were not feeling up to par, here she came with a glass of home made egg nog, can still taste it!  Decorate as you feel up to it, this year I only have a small 3ft table tree up (my DD calls it a Charlie Brown tree), every year I would fill eleven knick knack shelves with my Cristmas S&P's, this year only have 1 and some of my favorites and of course some snowmen figurines scattered around, not sick just tired all the time, think the vreathing has something to do with it.  Your Christmas eve celebration sounds good, not too much work either, just lots of goodies (should help the weight gain) and beverages. Take care of yourself and don't do too much. ss

[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,

Sorry I missed you, Amber. But just in case you should check in, I wish you a merry Christmas, hoping you will have some good news before then. I am rooting for you.

Kar, it sounds like you had a stellar visit with your cousin. Nice of you to make such a special dinner for him. Good you were able to enjoy it w/o counting the calories - LOL. Too bad he had to leave earlier than planned. Will he come again on his way back?

Still so cold out. tt, I am worried about you if you go out. You are a very sick lady, and this bronchitis can linger on for a while. Are you still planning on having everyone over for your usual Christmas gathering? Maybe it would be a good idea to have someone else host it this year, unless you feel much better..

Princess, I am hoping too you are feeling better. Your Christmas Eve with apps and desserts sounds very nice. Hopefully, you can buy most of it ready made, so you don't have to tire yourself out in the kitchen.

ss, I remember the photo you or your DD posted of your Christmas S&P's. Quite a collection. It must take a lot to put them up and take them down again. This year I only put on 3/4 of ornaments on our tree, and it still looks beautiful. Of course not missing the ones I know the boys will look for.

I have two appointments today. A mamogram this morning and a follow up doc's visit this afternoon. Plus I want to start to stock up on grocery, for when the boys come. So I will be out most of the day. Take care and have a good day everyone!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Very bad night last night, almost called ambulance to go to hospital.  Just got back from dr.'s and Costco.  EKG, more bloodwork and urinalysis done and Zantac to take on top of the protonix, and an anti nausea pill, and an appt. set up with grastroenterologist.  Won't be on this week-end.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tt, OMG, that's awful.  We wish we could DO something for you.  Take care and if you are considering going to the hospital in the night, again, it's probably the thing to do.  Hugs and prayers coming your way.

pingo, I did count/log the calories...2300 for the day, ack!  1000 just from 4 ribs.  Hope your appt went ok...not too uncomfortable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

On no tt. How horrible. Please take it easy and rest. Like Kar said if you feel you need to go to the hospital again, go. We will be thinking of you. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT I am spending lots of time at church this weekend (music)  so will send one up for you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm just beside myself with the news of what happaned at the school in CT. When I pick DS up from school today he is going to get the biggest hug he's ever received. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh....just put on news, omg.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Babies, just babies are little kindergarteners.  So tiny and fragile.  so perfect and beautiful.  So sad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I had to take time to post... I am devasted by this.. I cannot imagine the grief and horror of these poor parents of these babies... what is creating these creatures in society that can do such things??? It is certainly not the first time this thing has happened. He killed himself so he adds insult to injury. The parents will never know why or get justice.. But I do know these babies are in heaven in God's fold.. But I imagine that is cold comfort right now to these poor people... God help them...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

There is a thread on this topic in the Politics forum.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I gave my DS the biggest hug and then explained what happaned. He was going to hear about it anyway, as I'm sure the school will address their emergency policies again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

It is now 20 children along with 7 staff that lost their lives.. I am so horrified... I am sure Winter every parent in America is hugging their children right now...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just came back from my running around to doc's appointments and shopping in between.
    Was totally oblivious to the tragegy in CT, untill I opened the forums. OMG - just can't imagine, what would set off such a rampant. My heart aches so for these parents, who many of them have already placed Christmas gifts under the tree to fill their kindergartners' wishes. I know the guy is dead, but I do hope he will rut in Hell.
    Gun law? Are we still discussing the gun laws? How many more shootings do we have to read about, before the government takes action.
    My problems are really nothing compared to all of this. Will get a letter from the mamo and my PC send me for another round of blood work come March. Still have a follow up on the MRI, I had last week.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Amber, what a beautiful sentiment you posted. I looked at it several times while saying  my prayers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am so saddended and horrified.... just read it is now 20 children and 7 adults. He killed his mother too who worked there.. I agree Pingo, my problems are nothing compared to the grief and horror of these parents..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber, reports say he also killed his brother in NJ before heading out to CT.

I'll be heading out soon. I hope everyone has a great weekend. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh my God Winter.... it just keeps getting worse and more tragic if that is even possible...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Yes, and the report says he killed his father before he headed out on this rampantant shooting. Such an angry soul.
    This guy must have had some serious physological problems. Why no one saw it coming? Why is is we aways is one step behind?
    Bless all those innocent souls.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

A deeply disturbed person for sure... but not sure if anyone could predict this. Mental illness is so difficult and hard to predict if someone is dangerous. I speak from experience..  What I don't get is after you kill your family, why take 20 babies too??? Sadly we and the families will never know why..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Asbergers, OCD, strict mom who he tended to rebel against...details are coming in.  I feel like the air has been sucked out of the room.  forced myself to take a short walk for Gracie's sake and was thinking I wouldn't turn the TV back on, but...

pingo, I'm sure if the tech didn't call the doc to go over the pics your mailed report will be fine.

must get dinner on.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

A lot of people live with those conditions and don't go on a killing rampage. Rotten childhoods are not unusual (I had one)  and nobody ever heard of Aspergers until recently. And being OCD doesn't make you a killer either. I believe it is a "senseless killing" No way anyone can pinpoint why IMO. I think a walk is a good idea Kar.. this is really bothering me since I have great nieces and nephews that are around that age. Just a terrible thing...