December 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: December 2012

yes, absolutely, we can gather lots of facts but will never know why...

the walk did me some good, but I had wasted daylight and had to cut it short. :(

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I haven't watch the TV yet, and I am not sure I will tonight. This is just too horrible to think about. No matter whatever condition, if we had a proper gunlaw, this may never have happened.

Somehow, I think right now my problems are so unimportant. But yes, I do believe all is fine. Thanks for you concern.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

check out the LoseIt thread, and yes, avoid the TV if you can.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Thank you for posting that picture, Amber.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

I had to turn off the news for a while last night too.  It's just so sickening.  Those poor babies, their poor families.  There are no words.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We did, too.  Turned it off - you can only take so much of watching and not being able to do anything.

In fact, we not only turned off the tv, but we went to bed at 8:30 and just got up.  Even Gracie slept in.  I needed those 10 hours or someone was gonna get hurt, lol.  We had stayed up too late all week visiting.

we tape gold rush and shark tank Friday nights so that will be on this morning...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Did watch a bit of the news last night, just to educate ourselves. I don't drive with my radio on and DH listen to music from his CDs, so none of us had gotten any of the details like place etc.  Both the world news as well as the local news were totally dedicated to that terrible horror.
    So many unanswered questions.

How are you doing this morning, tt? Are all those pills for your nausea helping you? Did you get to go out yesteday for a bit?

Actually, it wasn' t bad out yesterday. Got a lot of my grocery shopping done in between my two doc appointments. I will hear about the Mamo by mail and my PC was satisfied with the way things are going. Now I just have to see the bone doc next Thursday and my series of doc appointment will be over, unless he wants to do something for my hip. Right now, it is ok.

Looks like we are getting snow tmw. night, but the snow promised in the middle of the next week will turn into rain here. A lot more convenient for everyone during the last stretch before Christmas. Have a good day everyone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I can't talk about the Ct. tragedy, I cannot even allow myself to think about it - too many children in that age group in my own immediate family.  Let others who are feeling better than I am right now, stay up to date on the details.  I can't comprehend that happening to one of my little ones.

No, didn't go out yesterday, Pingo, not feeling well at all.  I have cancelled Christmas and hope they will truly not even stop by (at least that's how I'm feeling now).  One son did say, we may stop by for an hour or so - "we" means a family 7, and I couldn't handle the noise, as I feel now.  It's a week away, perhaps I'll be back in shape by then.  Will have them over for pizza and salad one of the Saturday's following the holiday.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

So sorry you are not improving, tt. Such a good idea to cancel your Christmas gathering. I just couldn't imagine, you putting out your feast with the nausea you are experiencing. Food must be the last thing on your mind. Pizza later on after Christmas, sounds like a mighty good idea to me.

I am having a gathering the Saturday after, while the boys are still around (thus the ham question). Friends that haven't seen them for a while keep asking about them. Especially the younger generation they grew up with. I invited my nephew and his family as well, but due to "not getting along with other participants" they won't be coming. Their loss. I may have them for pizza some other day, if the boys schedule allows it. They are normally going to her parents in PA, but decided it is too much driving. So they are staying at home this year. I am sure they expected to come here for Christmas, but I am gong to be selfish this year, and have only my immediate family on the two Christmas days. Christmas Eve is our biggie, and Christmas Day we will have our traditional Smorgas board and play board games. That's what the boys would like anyway.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I think as long as you see people once between Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day, you are golden.  Why not spread out the fun and maximize the amount of attention you can pay to everyone's conversation?  Those of us who consistently act the part of hostess know that the bigger the gathering, the less fun it is -at least for us.

TT I am so sorry to hear that you are still not your cheery self.  I will continue to pray for you.  This is a long siege.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hats, I feel just like you. Spread out the fun. Besides, I just can muster the large parties, I once could. But unfortunalely, people in my DH's family expect a lot. They never gave a holiday party themselves, always expecting to come here. This year is a good time to break that tradition. Last year we went to TX and this year DH's sister is out of town.
    I know, it won't go over easy. I will hear about it. But they will all get over it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tt, thanks for updating us.  So sorry it's not better news.  Hoping and praying you feel better before even an hour of company.

pingo, I think your plans sound totally reasonable.  And, if anyone selfishly disagrees, that's their problem.

we have an annual party tonight at a friend's house, the one I went shopping with a couple of weeks ago to help pick out things to decorate for it.  I worked out on the stepper and for having burned 750 calories on it I have 1400 left for the day post-lunch.  I can go over that fairly easily, but at least I'm going in with a good cushion, and my goal is to stay within budget.

I have to go to the store and buy clementines to dip in chocolate, my standby that is expected by everyone with great anticipation.  It's a lot of work, but I enjoy having a tradition.  So, if you don't hear from me again today you'll know what I'm doing - it's time consuming, and we leave here at about 4:30.  Omg, that's in less than 3 hours?!  Bye!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Clementines dipped in chocolate sounds divine. I would love at least one. Wouldn't break my budget.
    I used to host those large family gatherings for Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter with 30 people or more depending on how many college roommates they would bring. A few friends, but mostly DH's family, since all my family was abroad. I feel time has come to stop for me. Just can't do it any longer. And DH is fine with that.
    Was hoping someone else would take over - especially someone a lot younger than me, but it doesn't look like it will happen. I do love to entertain with smaller groups. That is what I can manage. And now that my own family is spread all over the world, I feel they are the ones that are important. I want to spend quality time with them, while they are here.
    I feel bad, our nephew cannot spent a few hours with someone, he doesn't get along with. Especially since the disagreement is not earth shattering.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

They won't take over if you always do it.  Maybe someone will step up to the plate when you make it clear this year that you're done hosting the big parties.  Too bad about the nephew making much ado about nothing.

I'm bagging the clementines in favor of walking Gracie so she's comfortable in her crate tonight bathroom wise.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The GUILT!!  I'm off to get the clems.  The chocolate is melting in a double boiler on the wood stove...sigh.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Did it.  Now, a 20 min walk with Gracie.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Well Kar, the clkementines sound wonderful hope Gracies gets along ok tonight.   I have cleaned and baked, the tree is up, and am about to start dinner.  Kept the sink full of soapy water so that the dishes didn'[t pile up.  Cleaned out a drawer, found the nut cracker and nut pick and a couple of corkscrews so I am as ready as I'll ever be for tomorrow.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hope Gracie got to go during her 20 minutes walk.
    I do remember you making the clementines last year with the chocolate melting on the wood stove. LOL Even though i don't have a wood stove, I may copy you, and make them for a party, we have to attend. Just bought a box yesterday, and I have chocolate in the refrigerator. I imagine they would go fast.
    Hats, you are so organized. I like to keep a bowl of soapy water in the sink too, when I have a lot of cooking and baking to do. I work a lot with my hands, and they get dirty and messy, so it is easy to just rinse them in the soapy water.
    Juat came back after doing some shopping with DH. We were out of bird seeds, so we went to the Job Lot. Didn't get the seeds, they were too expensive there. $24 for 25 pounds. Costco sells them 40 pounds for $19.99. But I got a lot of little gift bags for only 40 cents a piece. And I got a jar of All spice.
    Picked up the seeds at Costco and then went for pizza. Dinner done.
    Have a good night all.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

We had BLT sandwiches....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning all.  Dreary day out.  Went to S&S this morning, not very busy. Everyone must be sleeping in!  Got some paperwork to do for DH's business today, other than that not sure.

What's everyone else up to today?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good Sunday morning,
    Are you ready for snow? We will get from 3 (out your way, Kar) to 1 inch. Thankfully, I don't have to go out. I will light the tree, put on Christmas music and be busy baking and preparing some of the items for our Christmas day smorgas board.
    DH already left for work. When he gets home, I will have gluewine and aebleskiver waiting for him. Can't you feel the Christmas spirit hit me? It is a good feeling.
    Have a good Sunday everyone.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I have chili in the crockpot and a trifle in the fridge.  Must shower and head to church now.  The Boston Pops on the stereo...and I'm off.  I turned the tree on at 6:15 am and I have already read a book and drunk 5 cups of coffeee - what's that you say?  You knew about the coffee without being told?

Merry Christmas.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hats, I didn't know about your coffee "addiction". I can't start my day w/o it and I got the green light from my PC.
    My mother was a heavy smoker. She smoked small cigars (not cigarettes), and we were always after her to stop it. But she told us, "I enjoy this so much, and I would rather die younger and enjoy my life, than live to a ripe old age and not enjoy it". She was 90, when she died.
    I don't smoke - never had. But I am following her sentiment as far as my coffee intake is concerned.
    I know you told us, you were going to have a busy weekend at your church. Merry Christmas to you too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Fun was had by all at the party, Gracie was fine, and the oranges were a hit, as always.  I made 1/2 the amount, a new tradition - it was plenty and took far less time.

Yup, we're ready!  Dh put the plow on the pickup yesterday.  He uses the tractor when we get more, but for 3 inches he can zip up and down the driveway with the plow on the truck much faster than he can with the big honkin' Kabota.  

It does look and feel like a snow storm is impending, for sure.

eating light today after a gargantuan entry for "dinner" last night...goodness, it's so easy to go overboard, but everything was worth it.

Starting to think about our two Christmas dinner menus this morning...saw a delectable risotto on Giada's program this morning with Gorgonzola and mushrooms, two favorites of my SIL.

Now that my visit with Chris is behind us and the annual friend's party, too, I feel free to concentrate on Christmas, finally, so it doesn't seem so overwhelming.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I have 32 oz of coffee and 1/4 cup of cream every day.  If loving it is wrong, I don't want to be right. ;)

Sections
Shortcuts