Re: December 2012

It just started snowing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just love the way, you explain it.
    I don't want to be right either. LOL

In response to kargiver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have 32 oz of coffee and 1/4 cup of cream every day.  If loving it is wrong, I don't want to be right. ;)

[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Yes, Kar, it looks very gloomy here too. Don't know about the inch predicted here. Looks like we are in for a lot more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We have a coating; the driveway is all white.  Gracie is half asleep in front of the stove, dh is splitting wood.  What a wintery day!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

For anyone looking for decadent Christmas brunch or day-after Christmas breakfast for overnight guests, check this out; I saw it made on The Best Thing I Ever Made this morning and decided to make it for my overnight guests.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/eric-greenspan/pancake-lasagna-recipe/index.html

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/eric-greenspan/

pancake-lasagna-recipe/index.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I couldn't open the recipe, but found it by googeling it. 25 eggs? How many does this serve? Over two hours to do. It sounds delicious, but I think I will stick with the pancakes and the scrambled eggs. Add the bacon to that. I am not eager to get up way early in the morning moving around in the kitchen preparing a dish like that. You are really ambitious, Kar.
    For a large crowd I stick to my breakfast strata. I can prepare that the night before and just stick it in the oven in the morning. Suit my morning awakeness much better. LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, I've reconsidered!!  It serves 12 for 1900 calories EACH SERVING!!  I entered the ingredients into LoseIt and divided by 12.  Um, I'm all for going a little nuts for a day here and there especially over the holidays, but I cannot eat 1900 calories for breakfast.  Can't, LOL.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh, Lord! 1900 calories in one meal? That's not even healthy. Have you ever done a breakfast strata? There are plenty on the net. I like one called: Mom's Breakfast Strata. I vary it with whatever veggies, I have at hand. It is good w/o any meat as well. If I make it vegetarian, I sometimes serve a couple of saugage links or bacon rashers on the side, for whoever wants it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

1,900 Calories?  Wow - that must be a record, lol.  Had a nice day with DH yesterday.  Doc appt today (of course).  Trying to enjoy today, as starting tomorrow I have to go on a clear liquid diet until my colonoscopy on Fri.  Fun fun fun!

Getting my to do list together for Christmas. 

TT - hope you are feeling better!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Heavens, Prin, starting colonoscopy prep on Tuesday for a Friday procedure?  You must have the strictest doctor in the world. 

I'm at bit worried that my list is not long enough, that I have forgotten something important.  I do have to do some planning to do for the post Christmas before New Year's period.  What to serve for meals when one is not sure how many people will be at each one? And when it's hard to shop either because one is too busy or the stores are too jammed?  I think I might make some quiches to have in the freezer.  I also might make some chicken soup.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

A strata sounds elegant, Pingo.  I'll take a look and will probably do two to please the widest range of tastes.

prin, how will you keep weight on with a clear diet?!  I'm sorry you're dealing with all this...so unfair.

hats, I bet you have it all under control. :)

tt, we miss you so much!  Hoping you turn this around before Christmas so you can enjoy your family.

ambergirl, we're thinking of you too, hoping for the best news very soon.  Sometimes it seems there's no way, but then we're shocked with how things turn around.  I know you'll get the right job soon.

I'm glad I cancelled all my chiropractic appointments after the first on in December knowing I'd be too busy and stressed to make them especially now that we are covered in ice this morning.  Hated to see dh drive off in the ice...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. I am finally done with my shopping. Got the last (3 bottles of chardonnrary) yesterday at BJ's of all places. I didn't realize they would have the brand I was looking for. Tree is finally decorted and the inside is just about done. Have to plan the menu for Christmas dinner. So this morning, DS asked me, "Is my school safe? Are you sure." 

Seems like everyon'e had a nice weekend. Hope tt and Amber are doing well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, I can't imagine being a child and having to deal with this tragedy and the fear it brings about going to school.  I know your DS is blessed to have parents who deal well with such things (from a supportive perspective), but not all do...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

...and how are they handling it?

sigh.

I just realized why my hands are frozen. It got down to 61 in here, brrrrrr.  Making a fire and coffee right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I know Kar. He told me some of his friends aren't allowed to watch any news. I hope the parents have talked about this with their child, because at the 6th grade level, they need to know so they can understand the lock down and other procedures.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I can see limiting news, but disagree with forcing complete ignorance.  I was in 7th grade when a girl in my class was murdered by her mother's boyfriend.  It's a matter of time, unfortunately, for every child to have an evil horror affect someone they know, and to know it does happen isn't a cheery thing, but I think it's easier to handle it in the abstract (meaning it doesn't affect them personally) first than have their first experience with evil be one that affects them personally.  Not that it's easy in any case, of course.  I don't know...I'm just one in the camp that believes that knowledge (age appropriate, of course) is power if handled and presented appropriately for humans of any age.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

And, yes, it's impossible to teach emergency procedures with no explanation whatsoever of why they are learning such things.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Hoping you are feeling better, tt. You are so missed here. Thinking of you too, Amber.

Princess, that is a long time to prepare for a Colonoscopy. Do you still need the laxatives and that "drink" that clean you out, or will the liquid diet do it for you? I cannot imagine you would need both. Not going to be a fun week for you.

Kar, I know you will be pleased (and so will your house guests) with a strata. A fruit bowl will go well with it (and so will a Mimosa or Bloody Mary). Good idea to cancel your chiropractor appointments this busy time of the year. You must be doing well, since you dare to do so.  Maybe you don't need them any longer.

Quiches always come in handy, Hats. I am making an onion tarts for when DS and DIL arrive Saturday night at 12:30. Just in case they will want a bite to eat. If not, it will go in the freezer for a breakfast later on.

Winter, it must be tough to be a parent with school children this week. I am sure there will be a lot of talk about safety and lock downs. I hope your son is old enough to understand, that this was done by a very sick individual and not everyone goes around shooting like that. Imagine all those families, who lost such a young child, going into the Christmas holidays. It is so heart breaking.

I see some snow on the radar. Is it snowing out your way, Kar? Pouring rain here and it looks like we will get plenty of the wet stuff this week. Better get going. Still lots to do before Christmas.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Hoping today's dr.'s appt is final one.  Think I started turning the corner last nght.  Veered from the liquid and had some dry Cheerios and a couple of thin slices of chicken I had boiled.  Now if I could just get some sleep - feel wired.

Princess, I hope you're doing the liquid because they would rather that than the drink.  That so might upset you.

Sat and watched the Food Network yesterday, saw some of the same programs as you, Kargiver, and I was drooling - everythng looked good to me, even the broccoli dishes which I hate.

P.S.  Not pouring here, Pingo, just a drizzle.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, I'm sure everyone will love breakfast stratas, Pingo.  It's practically a done deal. :)

my neck is not pleased with my decision, and I even had a mild migraine the Thursday Chris was here.  We were able to visit, anyway, but I was lying on the floor with Graice by the wood stove while we chatted. So, back I'll go in January.  But, I'm very happy to have a break from the Monday rush to Worcester.

It's doing something...I think more freezing drizzle.  Maybe snowish...the steps are getting a little white.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tt, so good to hear from you and know you are feeling better.  You have another week...it looks promising now that you've turned a corner that you can enjoy Christmas to at least some degree. :)  

Those were the richest dishes I've ever seen prepared!  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good to see your post, tt. And I am glad you feel your are feeling a bit better. Now, you just have to have some solid food, so you can get your strength back. How is the bronchitis? Good luck with your doc appointment today.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Along the lines of stratas - last year I posted a recipe complete with picture of what I call a strata, Pingo says it's not, but it is so good.  I've made it with one half minus the ham for the veggie people in my fam, and the other with the ham.  My mouth is watering now just thinking of it.  It's under Chatters Recipe, page 2, I think, tomato, ham, cheese strata.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

So many yummy make aheads for breakfast, I'm finding!  I'll check it out, tt, thanks.

good to hear your mouth is watering, again, at the thought of good food. :)