December 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Re: December 2012

TT - Nice to "see" you - your recipe sounds good!

Unfortunately, I still have to drink that yucky stuff Thurs night too!  Even worse, because my appt is at 7am Fri I have to get up at 1am to take my second dose of it -eeewww.  Oh well.  If it means I'll get to the bottom of my issues, it will be worth it!

Pretty slippery out there today!  Be careful everyone!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can see limiting news, but disagree with forcing complete ignorance.  I was in 7th grade when a girl in my class was murdered by her mother's boyfriend.  It's a matter of time, unfortunately, for every child to have an evil horror affect someone they know, and to know it does happen isn't a cheery thing, but I think it's easier to handle it in the abstract (meaning it doesn't affect them personally) first than have their first experience with evil be one that affects them personally.  Not that it's easy in any case, of course.  I don't know...I'm just one in the camp that believes that knowledge (age appropriate, of course) is power if handled and presented appropriately for humans of any age.

[/QUOTE]
    Kar, I'm with you...we all need to know what could happen and be prepared....if we don't know how can we protect ourselves.....the gory details don't have to be spelled out for the children, but they have to be told something!!ss 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In response to princess-cal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TT - Nice to "see" you - your recipe sounds good!

Unfortunately, I still have to drink that yucky stuff Thurs night too!  Even worse, because my appt is at 7am Fri I have to get up at 1am to take my second dose of it -eeewww.  Oh well.  If it means I'll get to the bottom of my issues, it will be worth it!

Pretty slippery out there today!  Be careful everyone!

[/QUOTE]

Princess, Hope you have better luck with your test that I did, I took the yucky stuff, got up extra early the day of and took more, my stomach wouldn't hold it.  Went to clinic, got all undressed and in the bed, when here comes the handsomest Dr I'd even seen and  he tells me my breathing won't allow them to put me to sleep for the test......had to go home.   He did tell me there are other ways to see whats going on without such an invasive test. Will be thinking of you on Friday. ss

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Princess, that sounds like the worst week. It had better pay off with a diagnosis and solution!!

ss, I was fortunate enough to have a mom who is very proactive, a wonderful communicator, and kindergarten teacher.  I can't help but feel we need to be honest and forthright to a degree commiserate with their age, kindergarten and above.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I agree completely that it needs to be discussed at the correct age level. Many kids today live in a bubble and then something happens and they can't handle it. I see this alot. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, and something WILL happen that impacts them directly sooner or later, and no one knows which...sooner or later.  This wasn't evil, but I had to deal with the death of my best friend in a car accident when I was 7.  That was the most painful moment of my entire 40 years.  Life happens to kids, too, not just adults, and they need to be developing coping skills all along the way, like you say, Winter.  The kids who can handle bad things are the ones who know bad things can happen and have a safe place to cry when they do.  You're a great mom!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Kar. I need to head out in a moment but I wanted to wish everyone a good night. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Probably missed you, but have a great night, winter.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Not sure if you guys are lurking in the LoseIt thread, but in case not, I MADE MY GOAL this morning.  Not even cold, damp, pouring rain can throw water on my mood. :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. Congrats on making your goal Kar. Today is our Annual Christmas Pot Luck. I have a crock pot full of American Chop Suey.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, winter.  Have fun - my company's pot luck day was my favorite day of the year!!  One of the managers deep fried three turkeys every year...yum.  I wish I could crash it, lol.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Prin, how is the fast going?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, have fun at your potluck party. Chop Suey sounds great. I would love to have some, but pasta is not on my budget these days.
    We tried a few times to have a potluck at our office. But since the majority of our employees are male engineers, it was a fiasco. I guess male engineers are not very putluck oriented. We ended up with too many bags of chips and store bought cookies. Even though our secretary tried to organize it, asking everyone to bring something specific, it didn't work. So now, I just order coldcut platters. And on the company's anniversary, we take everyone out for lunch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I was working on the set up committee. I'm exhausted. But it went over well. The President of the company loves the Chop Suey and he sought me out to rav about the fact he had two bowls. I was going to make something else, but I don't dare now. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

NIce to hear everything went well at the potluck, Winter. Chop Suey is such a homey dish, especially on a lousy day like this. Hope you got time to eat yourself. It is always tough to be hosting parties like this.
    Waiting for a mason to come and patch up a couple of holes in our foundation. Must be the chip munks. We have plenty. He was supposed to be here 3 hours ago. But I am not wasting my time. I am wrapping gifts, and I have made some of the marinated herrings for our smorgas board on Christmas day. I also threw in a batch of Banana muffins to freeze away.

Wondering how tt is doing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I only volounteered on the set up part of it. That was enough for me, this is HR's show to run. :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

tt is not doing so good.  Feeling better, but got call back today from dr. re blood work, kidney level has jumped up even more.  I know what's coming down the road, but I thought it wouldn't be for a couple of years yet.  Have temp appt. with kidney dr. on the 28th, but she will give him new info and he may want to see me before then.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

@tt,  I know we don't always agree on things, but I sincerely hope you feel better soon. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh no tt. Part of me doesn't want you to have to wait until the 28th for an appointment, especially if you are in any form of pain. I wish there was something I could do to help you. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, Robin and Winter.  No pain.  If I didn't have the bloodwork, I never would even know about the raised creatine level.  Virus I've had for a couple of weeks, really is starting to turn around.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Is there anything you can do at home to lower the level?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just what they've already done, stop 2 of my meds.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be heading out soon, have a good night everyone. Amber and tt I'll be thinking of you both.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

TT - thoughts and prayers are with you!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tt, that is discouraging, scary news - I hope cutting those meds improves your health dramatically and that the conditions for what they were prescribed for don't worsen.  You can count on our thoughts and prayers, too.