December 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: December 2012

Ummm, Kar. Sounds good to me. Smothered with mushrooms and onions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Up and about and taking nourishment, as they say.  Spent yesterday in bed, dozing off and on for an hour at a time.  Chills, headache, cough, and my teeth - oh, how they ached.  Doing better today, moved to the l.r. couch, but the noise of the TV even bothers me, so Cheerio and I are again napping the day away.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks for checking in, tt. I am sorry, you are feeling so lousy. Are you possibly having the flu? The bed and lots of liquids (room temp.,fizzless gingerale) will do you good. So will chicken soup, if you have any. Could you have someone bring it for you? I hope you will feel better real soon. It the meantime take care.
    At least you are in much better shape as far a Christmas shopping is concerned than the most of us and can "afford" to take off a couple of days. Even though this is not the way to do it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, tt, sorry to hear you are so under the weather.  It's a raw, damp day...nice one to nap.

pingo, yes, I picked up sliced button mushrooms and will use our onions to go with!  YUMMY, I can hardly wait, and after my stepper hour workout this morning I'm sitting pretty at -350 calories for the day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Kar, remember that your craving for steak could mean that you are not getting enough iron.  You may be eating foods that contain it but your body may not be absorbing it properly.

Steak and potatoes sounds good to me too - but my fridge is full of soup that must be eaten.  Turkey, gumbo and split pea.  Waiting for some friends to come help me eat some up.

Have been to two little Christmas fairs this weekend.  I got a gift for the new baby who is expected next year, and some wonderful lavender filled bags to put in the dryer or my drawers to scent my undies.

TT I am sorry you are under the weather.  Hope you can shake it by staying quiet. 

MM and the Princess are still among the missing and it is worrying.  Tulips, hope all is well with you.

TT, Pingo and Kar, thanks for being such faithful posters.  Amber, so good to have you back. It's Sunday and a little gratitude is in order....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good thought, hats, thanks.  Dh doesn't really care a lot (or often I should say) for red meat so, therefore, I eat less of it than I did when it was just me.  Maybe I should buy and prepare it for my lunches during the week.  You have three yummy soups to have to eat!

I love the Christmas fairs!  I should look online for ones around here for next weekend.  Those lavender dryer bags are lovely.  When you run out, TJ's sells them, and I put them in my vacuum cleaner.

Thanks for being there for me, too, everyone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

hope u feel better tt.. we r watching the patriots and getting ready toite up the neihborhood...5

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thank you Hats for the kind words. The chatters here are all part of my family. We have so much to share and learn from each other. We can depend on each other for support and to set us straight, when we need it.
    I am also tremendously worried about princess and mm. They both used to be frequent posters. I hope princess isn't hospitalized again. And mm? I just hope all is well with her and her family.
    This makes me suggest, we should let one of our family members know our username and PW - just in case.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I will do that in a letter where I keep the checkbook...dh will be sure to find it if anything happens to me for long.

on a lighter note, our steak dinner was tremendous.  And, I'm still far enough under my budget to enjoy a cold winter lager. :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

You know what Kar?  I am going to have a hot toddy.  I have lemon and bourbon! Should help my cold.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh Hats and Kar you two ladies make me jealous. I am still at the office. Will leave shortly for pizza and a glass of wine and I will still be under my budget, which I noticed went down this morning. Not much, but it tells me I am doing ok.
    Steak and toddy sounds a lot better to me right now. We usually use Rum for a toddy - will have to try the bourbon.
    Hope your cold will be on it's way out tomorrow, Hats. Don't forget Angela Lansbury tonight. She is on PBS at 8 pm.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to pingo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hope your cold will be on it's way out tomorrow, Hats. Don't forget Angela Lansbury tonight. She is on PBS at 8 pm.

[/QUOTE]

Angela was on RI PBS a couple of days ago, so I saw some of it then.  I have watched both of the series that were on in the US already, but I read the British papers so I know what happens in series 3.  But I will watch anyway, in January....

I don't like rum so I don't have it in the house.  Maker's Mark for me.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We sound like such lushes, lol!  I did so enjoy that beer, though, and hope you ladies enjoyed yours, too!  

Pingo, our budgets going down with our weight is a sad truth of why the last 10 is usually so difficult for people to lose; they don't make that adjustment.  my walking friend in town has lost 50 lbs (she just hit that milestone) by doing a site similar to LoseIt.  She's found it as easy as we have.

Cheers, ladies!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

Thanks, Pingo, for the Let's Dance link, it was fun!  I just received an email from a friend with this link:  He's 17, she's 15, and together they won the 2012 Junior Division National Carolina Shag dancing Championships.  they's dancing to Joe Turner's "Flip, flop and Fly."

http://videos2view.net/shag-dance.htm

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

CT, blast from the past...now what about Cosmo?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

And Obbie - Obbiette - where are you too?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

We put up the tree a few nights ago and today after the branches fell I did the lights and ornaments.  So far one cat has noticed it and swung at one (wooden) ornament, while the other cat has ignored the tree.  They are both 1 1/2 yrs old and very playful together, chasing each other and toys all around the house, so my husband and I figured they'd go after the ornaments, chew on branches or something, but so far so good. Of course, I'm not stupid, the wooden and non-breakable ornaments are on the bottom 1/3 while the top has the glass and other breakable ornaments!

I also decorated the banister in our front hall, and last weekend bought a wreath that smells so good for the front door.  I"m tempted to buy another one for the inside of the house, since our tree doesn't have that yummy Christmas tree smell.  While it's real, it's a Douglas Fir vs. a Fraser Fir - I prefer the scent of the Fraser but my husband reallly likes the softer needles of the Douglas.  And, since I'm the real christmas tree lover in the family and we haven't had a tree in 3 years, I figured this year I'd let him have his choice.  We only get a tree every other year, as we go back to Massachusetts to visit my family every other Christmas.  So in two years I'll probably push for a Fraser fir for the smell (but the needles are stiff and poke-y, it's true)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, hats, Obbie, too!  Where are you guys?

Hi, CT-DC, always a pleasure when you stop in!  Douglas Firs don't smell at all?  I'm HIGHLY allergic to the divine scent of Christmas.  If the DF doesn't have a scent I could try it.  We have a decent enough fake, but DH is used to a real one.

It's Monday, again...sigh.  DH off to work and me off to the chiropractor very soon.  

I didn't finish the curtain panel as I had hoped to, but I did find a lovely edging that is coming out perfect.  If these are going to be up by Christmas I better step on the gas.  DH is thrilled with how they are coming out - I wish I could post a photo!

Nor did I decorate for Christmas, but that's a function of my not looking forward to hosting.  I would be were BIL going to be in Fiji.  He's a tinder box waiting for ignition, and with so many people around...

Oh, no, it's after 8, I've got to GO!  Have a great morning, everyone.  So happy it's unseasonably warm.  Maybe another mild winter????

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Amber, what a lovely gift you gave to your daughter and little one. Everyone seems to have had a busy weekend. Sorry you are under the weather tt, hope you are feeling better today. Went Christmas shopping yesterday, got some gifts, but still have a long way to go. I came home last night and the outside was decorated (Except for the area that a  ladder was needed, he has to wait for me). It looks great, wish I could share a picture. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Came in to send an email to people at that germ infested place where I picked up this bug, that they won't be seeing me tomorrow.  Also just a catch all post - probably won't be on boards for a few days.  If I am, it will be a surprise, to you and to me. - Back to the couch.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh tt. I hope you are feeling better. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    That was a nice video, CT-DC. Thanks for sharing. Maybe we will see them compete in DWTS in a few years. The boy is amazing.
    Sorry, tt - that you are still not feeling well. It sounds like you have the flu. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do, except have it run it's course. The couch sounds like the right place to be for you.
    Kar, I too wish we could post pictures. I would love to see your curtain panels. It is quite a project, you have started there, and I can just imagine, how nice it will look when finished.
    Hats and Winter, I hope your colds are on their way out.
    Have a lot of erands to run this morning. Nothing exciting. A couple of returns and hopefully pick up a bonus giftcard from REI. I bought a nice winter jacket for DH last week. Got an e-mail yesterday, that they now give a $20 bonus giftcard for anything you buy over $100. I can return the jacket and buy it again in order to get the bonus card. But that seems silly. They have a pretty good customer service - so I will just go and ask for it. $20 is $20 as far as I am concerned.
    You all have a good day, and all you sick chatters take good care of yourselves.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just came back from running erands. What a lovely day to be out. Got my $20 giftcard at REI, plus I got the returns done. I also pick up a new bath mat for DS bathroom. The one he had was crumbling, when I tried to do the floor this morning. Old I guess. Fortunately, I got the same color he had to match everything else. I picked up a few more gifts and I am just about done (yea!) except for DH and for the "big" gift for TX son. For the latter, we are totally clueless. His wife is not much help either. She apparently has the same dilemma. I was thinking of a pressure washer, Winter. That is always useful, and I know he doesn't have one. Did you give yours to your DH yet? Or are you going to surprise him?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, he will get it on Christmas, though he knows it's coming. :) I'll be headed out soon, hope everyone has a nice night. tt, I hope you are feeling better. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, the Christmas present dilemma.  I dread getting my own gift - I have gotten such beautiful things in the past, enough for a lifetime as far as I'm concerned. Actually, that's what I told him after I got my engagement ring Christmas morning 2007.  And, dh literally doesn't want anything or need anything.  Whatever expensive stuff he needs or wants he gets throughout the year...no wish list...usually because he can't wait until December 25 for whatever it is because it's a piece of equipment to do what he needs to do. So here I am, again.  I bought him a watch this year just because with my grandmother's inheritance in June.  Kind of wish I'd waited, now.  So, socks and other clothes it is.  I know what he needs; I do the laundry, lol.

glad you had such a productive day, Pingo.  A power washer is a great idea.  Dh uses his.

dh's company moved buildings/cities over the weekend...I bet he'll be home late.  Turkey breast is in the oven; he asked that the butternut soup be made with turkey.

Sections
Shortcuts