December 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: December 2012

Merry Christmas to you too, Winter - and have a nice weekend.

tt, I believe Hats means the mininloaf pans. She did 12 last week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Ahhh, I thought of that after I posted and wondered if that's what she meant.  Makes more sense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, I'll be here Monday. :)

Hats, I'm sure you have more talent than you give yourself credit for.  I'm glad I can sing again; I feared I never would be able to without sobbing after my grandmother passed.  I just imagine her singing in Heaven, now, and it makes it easier.  It is uncanny how much genetics made me sound just like she did when she was in her 50s.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Well Kar I would give anything to hear my mother's voice once more so .....if you can still hear your grandmother it's good.  And yes, 12 mini-loves which is a quadruple batch of batter.  Want to do some banana too.  And TT I did mean you - did you not say that the reason for the IV yesterday was that you were feeling tired and run down?  But Princess too of course.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

To hear her in my own voice is a blessing, but I couldn't get past three notes without balling for two years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning ladies,
    DS arrived last night. Two hours late; not too bad. So we ate tacos at 11 pm. Now we have to see, what happens in Chigago today. Yesterday was a mess with lots of cancellations. They are suppose to be here at 12:30 AM tonight. Crossing my fingers.
    DH already left for work. So I will spend the day with DS. He wants to go to TJ's - his favorite store, and I have to pick up the ducks. I am sure the stores must be buzzing, the parking lots a mess and lots of traffic, but I will have a chauffeur and don't have shopping to do.

Princess and tt, how are you feeling today? Getting better and stronger?

Amber, I wish we would hear from you. How is DD doing and when is little Joye due?

Have a good day everyone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Was at S&S at quarter to 8 this morning, and inside and outside was fine.  No problems at all, and no wait at the check out.  Went up for my apple pie and choc ice cream and came home with $108 worth of nothings - just stuff that appealed to me, like sauerkraut!  Bought a bag of cortland apples, and just had one sliced with  pieces of cheese on top - so good.  They're crunchy. tart, but with a touch of sweetness too.  My thought when I walked in was, maybe I'll make a pie, but when I found a crumb apple pie for $5, picked that up.  Those are good, I've had them there before.  Decided to keep the apples anyway, thinking maybe applesauce.  Of course with all my shopping, picked up the makings for lasagna, and no shredded mozzarella.  Put a call into my son if they happen to be in a grocery before Tuesday, to pick me up some.

Pingo, so glad your son got in alright.  Enjoy a wonderful day with him.  T.J.'s, as most stores including S&S by now, will be crowded I'm sure, but nice that he will get a chance to browse there.

I found just what I have been looking for, a small child's shovel.  Wanted something light to take care of my stairs, front and back.  This is perfect.  Also, got wrapping paper (buy 1/1 free), so now I can wrap the couple of odd size gifts for the kids.  Never did get a b'day card out to  G.T., and started to look there, but was beginning to fade, so home I came.  

Call from cat lady.  I told her I had let Harry in the other day, and I guess he has ventured into her house once or twice too, but doesn't stay. (she has a cat)

Dishwasher going and I want to get those presents wrapped.  Would like the kids to have them for Christmas, the grown ups can wait for their baskets.  Oh, meant to pick up a couple of money cards, but I can slip the money into something else.

Hope you all enjoy the day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT - that post sounded like a typical TT post!  makes me think that your feet are set firmly on the road to complete recovery!  I'm so glad!  The apples and cheese sound great.  Apple pie for $5?  Can't beat it!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

So we have our "old" tt back. So glad. This Chat is not the same w/o you. Picking mozzarella up for Lasagna before Tuesday? Are you still going ahead with your traditional Christmas gathering for the family? Please take a step back, tt, and take care of yourself. It is only a few days ago, you didn't feel so well.
    I am sure S & S was fine at 8 am. But that was a bit early for us, since we didn't get to bed until 1 am. Now we are off to the crazyness. Fortunately, we just want to browse and pick up the ducks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No, no company here for Christmas.  Was just thinking of what I perhaps might feel like for myself for Christmas dinner.  Lasagna may very well be it.

Just called my DIL back, telling her of one part of my dreams last night.  She has to have some extensive dental work done, and in my dream I told her I would go and sit in the chair for her, that she had been through enough.  We got there, me in chair, her standing behind, and dentist began explaining what had to be done.  Then he appeared with this huge screw type drill.  I asked him what that was for, and he said we have to drill the tooth.  Oh no, says I, we're not drilling my tooth with that, and got up out of the chair.  My DIL was like, but you said - - -  .  She got a chuckle today when I told her.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle! I hope is it not a prediction of something to come? LOL

How is your white bump on your gum? Gone?

Ah, good. You got me nervous there for a bit, that you changed your mind to still do your spread.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have you been out and are back again, or not gone yet?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

DH came home and wanted lunch, so we left late. Just came back. Except for 114 being a parking lot (going to the North Shore Mall), it was not bad at all.
    Went to pick up ducks and browse, but you know how it is. Spent over $100 both places. DS was going crazy at TJ's seeing all his favorite beer. Got a couple of Chuck-a-Buck red wine for the gluewine, I will be making. No need for an expensive wine. Plus we got his favorite coffee: Costa Rica.
    Saw my degergent was buy one, get one free at S & S. So I got that, plus a "few" other items not on my list. It is only Christmas once a year.
    Son and DIL coming from TX, want something to eat, when they get here. They have layover in Chigago, but only an hour there, so no time to eat. I am making baked, stuffed cod in two dishes. One for us and one to stick in the oven, when they land. I am going to take a nap after dinner. I would never be able to stay up unil they arrive.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Busy, busy, busy.  Don't wear yourself out, Pingo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Trying not to, tt. Will probably collapse after Christmas. LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Holiday Pops is on WCRB tonight!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, ladies,

tt, have to join the others in being so pleased to see you as yourself on the boards.  Gosh, what a seige...hoping you're as on the mend as it seems.

everyone is super busy!  I'm no exception.  Went to a mobbed TJs, then Austin liquor's, then Stop and Shop for my roast.  Serving a 22 lb turkey and prime rib roast plus sides, of course.  The apps are all from TJs.  We'll be able to have tons of leftovers for the overnighters for lunch, and then they will serve us well until Christmas dinner #2 on New Year's when I'll cook another turkey and roast.

dh wishes you all a blessed Christmas and asked me when I'm coming in with him, lol.  Have a great night.

~kar

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Good morning all, Just finished my first 6 mini pumpkin bread loaves, while they are resting, I'll put together another 6 and pop them all in the oven at the same time. After passing them out to the mailman,my neighbors and my family, hope I'll have a few left for me.....lobve em with cream cheese.

tt, I'm staying far away from S&S for awhile, everytime I go in for 1 or 2 items I come out with bags full.  Hope your enjoying your Apple Crumb pie, I got a Mince pie there for $5.00, at Thanksgiving they were $7 and $8...glad I waited.

Just heard we will have a litte snow for Christmas....a little I don't mind, it makes everything look so pretty... Hope all will have a Blessed Christmas and a Healthy,Happy 2013. ss

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Love those mini-loaves, SS! 

Tonight I am cooking brussels sprouts for the first time.  Roasted with balsamic vinegar.  Hope they will please everyone!

Happy Sunday!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good belated morning,
    DS and DIL arrived this morning at 1:30 am and had dinner at 2. So we all slept in this morning. They loved the baked fish and the broccoli, I had made for them. Just right for a hungry stomach w/o being heavy before bed.
    They brought us 3 huge bags of oranges and grapefruits. Plus a large bag of limes. Citrus is so inexpensive there right now (limes f.ex is 12 for a dollar). So this morning, I made use of the oranges and made them orange waffles.
    UK-DS put on the Patriots and the tradition is to have Buffalo wings while watching. So I have a couple of pans in the oven right now.
    Tonight will be pizza, so I don't have to spend all day in the kitchen.
    Good to have them all here. Have a great day everyone.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I strongly suggest steaming them to 1/2 doneness first, hats, so they are partially soft when you start roasting them.  Roasted or sautéed Brussels sprouts that start off raw usually stay half raw - not good eats.

great they got in safely albeit in the middle of the night, Pingo.  Enjoy your family and the lovely citrus!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good afternoon,

Checked, but didn't expect to see any posts - not with the company you guys are  having.

Nice lazy Sunday for me.  Kept 4 apples out of the bag of cortlands, and made a crisp with the rest this morning.  Hot apple crisp covered with a huge dollop of Brigham's chocolate ice cream - pure heaven.  Want to make a bread pudding, but can't get at the double boiler that has gotten pushed to the back of the pan cabinet.  Was hoping someone might stop by today that I could send in after it!  I may yet stretch and moan and groan until my fingers reach it.  You know how it is when you have something specific on your mind - eat everything else in sight trying to scratch that itch.

Pingo, you certainly are cooking up a storm with your family there.  Nice to have everyone under the same roof, as you said.  Wonderful gift of the fresh fruits.  I may just have to make pancakes for myself tomorrow.

Did you have your tree trimming last night, or is that what you're prepping for tonight, Hats?

Kargiver, not sure if you have company staying with you yet?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just cleaned up the kitchen for today. No more kitchen duty. The buffalo wings is being comsumed right now with celery sticks and blue cheese dip. So nice to sit here and hear the chatter in the family room.
    Tomorrow, I will be cooking up a storm. It is our Christmas. And Santa will come after dinner. We always unwrap the gifts after our Christmas dinner. Interesting, our son found a wife, whos family has the same tradition. Then on Christmas day morning we just have stocking stuffers.

tt, I saw in a catalog a free rolling shelf. Thought of you. Just what you need for that cabinet of yours, that hides your pots and pans. I believe the Container Store must have some too. Sounds like you are all set and back to your old self. Now you just have to get your strenght back. Is your family gathering some other place this year, now that you had to cancel? Hope you get to make that lasagna, you a thinking of. If you don't get the mozarella, you could probably substitute it some other cheese. Who knows, you might like it better.
    Will go and join the gang and have a couple of Buffalo wings. That is if there are any left. LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Stretched and s t r e t c h e d, and got ahold of the double boiler, and the bread is soaking in the scalded milk as we speak.  I've been thinking of bread pudding for a couple of days, and knew I had to reach that double boiler!  Thanks for the tip about the free rolling shelf, I'll definitely check into it.

Enjoy your afternoon with the boys.  I've been dusting and dry mopping up a bit, in case G.T. stops in on their way to his partner's nephew's Christmas.  They only live one town over.  Oldest son, his wife and Lilly's fam will be spending the day home - Lilly came down with the flu Friday.  I know if my plans were still on, they would drag her down here, so things kind of worked out for the best with my cancelling it - the flu is all I need right now.  Other 2 sons, one will spend at home, and the intown son will go to the new home of his wife's niece - her first time hosting a holiday dinner.  Everyone's plans worked out fine, so I don't feel a bit guilty.  I was just saying, "thank gawd", when I looked at room off of kitchen.  Still such a mess.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, the first Christmas, we celebrated in this house, we were all sick with the flu. I still made our Christmas dinner - silly me. We were celebrating in our PJs, and no one ate anything or very little. Right after dinner, we all went back to bed with the Christmas gifts sitting under the tree unwrapped. I froze the rest of the meal, and 3 days later, we did it all over again. That was quite a Christmas. LOL
    So I can understand, why you prefer a quiet Christmas all by yourself and Cheerio.