December 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: December 2012

Of course it is a turnoff! It is a turn off for me too! That is why I try to catch them and let them know it is not right. But Robin, you have to admit cats are very independent minded and intelligent. They don't give a shiat what we say and if they can get away with it, they do : )  I think you are thinking of people that don't care and let cat fur pile up in their home. Gross.... I vacuum daily and clean my table and counters daily BECAUSE I have cats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be headed out soon. I am off tomorrow, but I'm hoping to get on with my iPad. Have a good night everyone. Kar, thinking about you, hope you are doing ok. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Winter.  Have fun with the iPad!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, are there any news? Been thinking of you and your DH, not to forget his brother all day. I just can't imagine how terrible you all must feel. Hugs!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

He's still at Tufts and things really don't look good, but we are all hanging in and things seem to be as good between everyone as they can be.  Thanks for the hugs and well wishes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks to everyone for helping me through this trauma.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Sitting here eating a bowl of cottage cheese over a sliced banana and sliced strawberries.  Keep checking out back for Harry, but haven't seen him since the day before Christmas.  I've been getting up later mornings, and am hoping he has just been here and gone.  I fed Cheerio in the toyroom with the door closed this morning, planned to bring Harry in to let him eat, it's pouring so out.  -  Does anyone have snow?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Writing from my iPad. Since I have an iPhone the spellcheck doesn't bother me Kar as I'm used to it. Hope everyone is warm and dry inside. Lots of rain and I don't realty want to go out but I need an inspection sticker for my car.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    The rain is drumming on my skylight above me. But I tell myself, it could be snow. I am wondering about Kar. Last night they predicted 12 - 18 inches out West.
    I hope we hear some better news from Kargiver, re the poor dog. She must be devastated.
    Went to the office late yesterday, but finished what was essential to do. The rest can wait. The "kids" went to Burlington Mall for some exchanges and we all met for Chinese afterwards.
    Hate to go out in this rain, but grocery shopping is a necessity. I forgot, how much grown boys eat. LOL
    I also have to get the last couple of things for our after Christmas party Saturday. I have the ham and am thinking of serving it with Boston baked beans, sweet potato casserole, creamed spinach and a baked creamed corn dish with Jalopeno peppers. How does that sound? Any other suggestions are welcome. I have never served a whole ham, so I am not familiar with what goes with it. We usually just have a ham slice and I serve it with creamed spinach and a baked sweet potato.
    What is everyone doing for New Years Eve? I had made reservations for the 5 of us to go to Rowes Warf, but the kids decided, they would rather stay at home and play cards and board games. So we will probably do lobsters or Rack-o-Lamb.
    Have a good day everyone. Stay dry.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

So glad there is no snow here just heavy rain!

ETA Pingo, the menu sounds good but one wonders if you would want to have one fresh dish such as a vegetable salad of some kind and only 3 hot sides...I made an amazing salad for a party yesterday and got a lot of compliments on it.  I think people get a little tired of the large roast and lots of potatoes and hot veg or Italian specialties meals after a while.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That has even stopped here right now.  Wonder if that's it for the day for us.  Itching to get out and finish up my baskets, but common sense tells me with the remaining head/chest cold I still have, this type of weather it's best to stay in and work on the goldfinch puzzle some more.

Family, including pumpkin's, are coming down the 13th to finish off out celebration.  Plan on ordering a couple of cheese pizzas and making 2 trays of lasagna, plus salad, and something my oldest can eat - he's on a gluten free diet now and doing better.  He loves lasagna, so it will be a tease for him.  Also have that delicious ice cream roll in freezer.  Can't wait for that myself!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I hope the rain has ended for the day, so I can get my sticker. Pingo, I think your menu sounds great. What time are we eating? I'll bring over a nice Chardonnary. Tt, I'll br over on the 13th as well. What time? :) 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

we got about 7 or 8 inches, and it's winding down.  DH is plowing then heading to work. :(

the dog is slowly improving, but is still at tufts not doing very well.

Gracie is having a fit as dh works wanting to "help," aka get directly in the way, lol.

tt, there are gluten free noodles out there if you want to make a 9x9 lasgna with those instead.  I made a gluten free pie crust with almond meal for one of our people who can't have it, either.  Came out pretty good!  That's good you're planning to celebrate when you're totally back on your feet and able to do what you like to do for everyone.

pingo, corn and peppers is a winning combo, and you can't go wrong with lobster or rack o' lamb. Enjoy!!  (Lobster would be a better choice as far as LoseIt goes.  I did literally 1100 calories of damage with four ribs worth of that recipe! Lobster, even drenched in butter, is FAR less.)

winter, I knew you'd love your new toy. :)  didn't realize you've already experienced the autocorrect bug.  Inspection sticker, what a pain today!

It's warm and dry in here, and I don't intend to drive anywhere.  Maybe will walk later.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hats, you are right. People do get tired of the same old stuff. I am definitely serving rolls and a green salad as well. My problem is that we have several vegetarians coming, so I need an extra side for them with some protein. Thus the baked beans, which I thought can also go with the ham.
    Would you mind to post your salad recipe?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, too bad about the now and that DH is heading into work. Yes the iPhone autocorrect is the same way. I'm also used to the keyboard so I'm quite speedy on it.

As for NYE, we both have to work our regular schedules so we'll probably just get take out and maybe watch a movie to too. My DS will be heading to NY. His teacher moved the due date back on his project. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Baked beans do go superbly with ham.  Yum, what spreads everyone is still planning to put on!

winter, that's great - I had a hard time acclimating.  I hardly bother using the Bluetooth keyboard anymore, but I am glad at times that I have it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks for the tip about gluten free noodles, Kargiver.  I've never noticed them at S&S.  Trader Joe's maybe?  I'll check with son and see if he would be game to try that.

Pouring again here now, so made the right decision to stay put.  Was going to drag my trash out for tomorrow's pick up, but that will wait now too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Just as i was going to go get the sticker. I'll have to go regardless soon. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Trader Joe's would be the first place I would try, but if not there, health food stores next.  I know they exist, but I haven't shopped for them before.  I'd call ahead unless you're planning to go, anyway.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

T.J.'s is on my list for basket fillers anyway.  Have an email out to him asking what I could make he  would enjoy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I just checked their gluten free product list, and they have a line of organic brown rice pasta that is.  I don't know if that line includes lasagna noodles, but if not maybe there's a decent sub.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, I am going to S&S today and maybe TJ's if the rain stops. Will look for your noodles.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

thanks.  I already turned him on to the brown rice spaghetti.  If all else fails, I could use that in a dish with lasagna ingredient layers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Fabulous - sound like he'll be in for as much of a treat as the rest. :)  I had allergies as a kid and it was difficult...milk, nuts, and chocolate.  So glad I grew out of those!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah.  One of my GS's, the 20 yr. old who loves cranraisin scones, has a nut allergy.  He has managed amazingly well, even with college food, to avoid any exposure.  Won't even touch bakery products for fear of some residual nut product.  Guess that's why he's so turned on to my scones and whoopie pies.

Winter, you're home today, after you get your sticker, stop by and give me a hand with this puzzle, will you?  Dividing pieces into different pie plates - sooo many wood fence pieces.  Trying to get the dozen or so birds together and then work down and around them onto the fence pieces.  Very little light green background, up top, should try to get that done and work down from there too - once I get all the fence and flower pieces separated out.

P.S.  I'll provide lunch, altho I was thinking of a fried egg sandwich - don't know how that sounds to you.