December 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: December 2012

I am home today. Do you have any tasty treats to go with fried egg sandwich? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No, sorry.  Other than dill pickle, nothing to go with.  Do have enough bread pudding to divide into 2 small dessert dishes, and a couple of wowie cupcakes frosted with cherry frosting - AND, of course, there's always the Brigham's choc ice cream (which is a turn on for me!).  I could make you a salad.  Or, you could bring lunch for 2, that would be nice.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Wowie cupcakes and ice cream would work. Lunch for three, DS is with me. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sounds good.  That's what I need on this puzzle, young eyes!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm sure your gs really appreciates your thinking of him like that, tt, it's a big deal to people who often have to look on with envy at everyone else's yummy treats.

just had a lovely bowl of Christmas leftovers with dh before he left for work.  Why is he bothering?  I don't know...he practically has to turn around and come home at this point, by no sense arguing, lol, just wished him well.  He took yesterday off so is probably anxious to get somewhat caught up.

sounds like a fun challenge of a puzzle!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Puzzle work has temporarily halted - Cheerio (oh, how I wish we could post pictures) is taking her mid day nap right on the middle of it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, man, I wish they'd fix these issues - what a sight that would be!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I had pulled the floor lamp over to the card table, so she's getting a nice warmth from the light as well.  She's probably settled in for the afternoon!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Went out for sticker and brought home Chinese for DS and myself. I'm now doing ibis laundry so I can pack his suitcase for the weekend. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh, that would have been such a great picture, tt.
    Did look for your noodles at S&S. They have plenty of whole wheat lasagna noodles, but no gluten free. Young son took me shopping. He didn't want me to drive in that heavy rain. We didn't make it to TJ's - I only needed a special brand of coffeee, and due to the weather we decided, what we had was fine. But I googled TJ's products. They do have gluten free rice noodles, but it does not seem they have gluten free lasagna noodles.
    However, you can order them on the net. Just google "gluten free lasagna noodles". There are several brands. There should be plenty of time to get them before the 13th. What a special surprise it would be for your son.
    Re S & S. Don't go there today, if you want dairy. They were empty on a lot of items. No heavy cream, no eggs - except the broken ones, milk was in shortage etc.
    The boys went to watch a movie (The Hobbit) with their cousins, who live in town. I will have everyone for dinner tonight. I decided to make meatloaf. I felt we need something homey after all the extravaganza eating. That with poppy seed noodles and a large salad. Maybe I will throw in a garlic bread. What is on everyone elses plate tonight?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm breading some pork chops with potatoes and carrots.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks for checking, Pingo.  Before I knock myself out, will ask him - he can be purposely finicky - like - "is that whole milk mozzarella?  I don't eat whole milk products".  Have an email off to him but since Lilly is still feeling under the weather and he bought her the bonanza of all doll houses for Christmas which is kept upstairs, I'm sure they're playing "house" with that and her barbie dolls, and not on the computer today!

Just sat down at the puzzle a few minutes ago after cleaning kitchen, throwing in a wash, changing litter box, folding yesterday's laundry, and put in about 10 pieces.  Cheerio has moved over to the top of the couch where the heat blows.

Supper, I haven't even thought of.  I know I couldn't fit another thing in my freezer, and had better get busy using up some of that stuff.  Would love my lasagna, but since I'll be making it in 2 weeks, probably will hold off.  Last night I had a mushroom Celeste pizza for one that I picked up at S&S.  Luckily, by the sounds of it, I did my shopping yesterday.  Listening to that wind that howls around my house every so often, I'm glad I talked myself out of running out for any errands.  I'm itching to "poke", it's been a month - or longer.  Appt. with kidney doctor tomorrow.  Feel he will want to send me for another blood test, but my plans are to run to Barnes and Noble after, and getting a couple of books I have to check out first, and 3 magazines for stockings.  By then my energy will have waned and I won't have the wherewithall to drive to the hospital for blood work.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Pingo, posted the salad in the recipe section.  I like it because it's main dish worthy for vegetarians who eat milk (cheese and nuts,) and it doesn't use out of season ingredients such as tomato.  The thin slicing of the carrot and apple allow the sweetness to come out and the high lemon content adds Vitamin C!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just scooted over to see the recipe - sounds delicious, Hats.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm just so happy that all this rain isn't snow.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm just so happy that I have a tray of lasagna made and in the oven!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks, Hats. That sounds so delicious. And I have EVERYTHING in the house; imagine that? Besides, I just juiced two lemons I used the zest from (was wondering, what I should use it for). So I am so ready to go for that. How many people will this amount serve?

And tt, what happened to your "Would love my lasagna, but since I'll be making it in 2 weeks, probably will hold off"? LOL
    Bon Appetite!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

While the boys were in the movie theater, I baked my peppermint graham cracker cookies. They are in the refrigerator now. And I made my orange bundt cake, so I can glaze it tmw.

The meatloaf is in the oven, as we speak.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I know, but again, I know myself and since I was craving that if I didn't make it I'd have been picking at other stuff all night.  In for the last 15 minutes now.  Smells so good to me.  Will make a small salad to go with.

Your baking sounds delicious, Pingo.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

it's all snow, here, Winter.  I just shoveled the only area dh didn't, the back steps for Gracie, after taking her for a short, abysmal walk in the raw wind and snow.

lasagna sounds soooo yummy, tt.  Did Cheerio ever let you resume your puzzle?

pingo, lobster or lamb?

hats, that salad looks so pretty and tasty in my mind's eye.

I've got chicken thighs and the only thing I didn't manage to cook on Christmas, the mushrooms for the beef, browning to go with.  we also have leftover mashed potato and butternut squash because I forgot to pack it up with the other stuff we sent home with nephew for the folks who had to rush to leave. 

Mmmmm, the mushrooms smell divine...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Cut a big square right out of the middle of the lasagna - that's the part I love the best.  Tasted so good to me.  Glad I made it.  Now I'll be eating it for the next 6 days because I've no room in my freezer to freeze any!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Perfect, I like the corners the best...I'll be over tonight in my dreams.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, glad you saved the burnt corners for Kargiver and me. Those are the ones my family fight over.
    Tonight I will punch holes in the cake and drizzle it with an orange glaze (adding a bit of brandy). Then tomorrow I will melt some chocolate and drizzle on top. I have made it several times, and it is always a big hit. I will try to remember to save a piece for each of you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Tt, I'm with Kar I'll be over for a corner piece as well. Dinner came I out good and kitchen is all cleaned up. Disaster in the basement though and DH is off to Home Depot for a part for the sump pump. It wasn't turning on automaically and went I went to put clothes in the dryer there was about 2 inches down there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Ok Pingo I'll be over in 15 minutes for a piece the that cake.

Sections
Shortcuts